Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight's Newest Love Affair

Walt actually strikes me as the type who would prefer younger women. I always figured him to be mid-to-late 30's, so he's got a decade on J-M.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I don't kow if that pairing would be appropriate to either character. If they're that old, no matter how liberated they are from their times one or both would not be approving of cross-racial relationships, no matter how accepting they would be of members of other races as friends.
    I uh..... er..... never mind...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    My guess would be the new Puck, because that would have the greatest effect on other characters, particularly Eugene.
    Yukon Jack would be no loss, though.
    But Scott has told us that she doesn't even take the codename for a year...
    Swifty

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    Eh...I dunno, kinda loath as I am to bring it up, look at X-Men with Archangel (which he'll always be to me thank you) and Husk. She's all of 19 and Warren has to be at least a decade older. You figure that the original X-Men are all in their early to mid 30's with the possible exception of Iceman who isn't that far behind them. So I don't think the age thing would matter much...at least not in this day and age.
    One instance, doesn't make it the norm. Of course one against doesn't make it the norm either, but it seems to me a lot of younger girls don't want an older guy. (Trust me on this... hell a 6 year 19-25 difference is apparently too much..) although going on Ben's assumption that shes 25, I suppose it's not quite as bad... but I would peg her more like 22. But what do I know? :P
    Swifty

I would say Zuzha looks younger than her age. Look at her father for a good exemple... And without the surnatural some people do look younger

Of course we are just speculating about the characters currently in the book, who knows if other members will join in? They are planning on saving the Original Alpha, right?

Shaman is certainly due for a bit of mortal coil shuffling. And Snowbird can finally become immortal and join her God family... Or Nemesis, I mean im not really sure she's even alive at this point...

As for the proposal, my bets on MMJ, maybe to Zusha... or he proposes to Nemesis, and she commits suicide....

I was going to mention the whole Archangel/Husk thing. At the end of the day it's more accepted to put older men with younger woman - look at Hollywood movies, they do it all the time.

If there is to be a death then I have to say that I'd want it to be Centennial. I think the other characters have too much potential, which isn't to say that Centennial doesn't but I believe his potential is less than the others.

I think Snowbird and Thunder are gonna get it on...

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I would say Zuzha looks younger than her age. Look at her father for a good exemple... And without the surnatural some people do look younger
    I thought about this and yer right. My brother in law is half asian and he looks all of twelve...he's two months younger then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    You got REALLY ratted last night didn't you? lol

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    At the end of the day it's more accepted to put older men with younger woman - look at Hollywood movies, they do it all the time.
    I tend to agree here. Me last date was three years younger then my parents...albiet that was a while ago...I personally prefer older men simply because I find the majority of them around my age (present company excepted! I'm daring certain people to challenge this one ^^) immature morons...Yes there are 20 or 30 somethings that act their age...although they are very few and far between...at least down here in California but then I have a bias against the state as a whole.

But! Back on track here...women today want a man they know they can rely on. someone who has a brain cell or two floating around the skull and someone they feel they can trust to not be a blatant idiot in the face of day to day life. Hence why a lot of women I know at least do tend to go for the older bloke.

Now that's not to say older is always better...I know of exceptions where it turned out to be a complete disaster as well. But generally speaking, women want someone who has the ability to think beyond their playstations.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    You got REALLY ratted last night didn't you? lol
    I wrote that under 2 hours ago

women today want a man they know they can rely on. someone who has a brain cell or two floating around the skull and someone they feel they can trust to not be a blatant idiot in the face of day to day life. Hence why a lot of women I know at least do tend to go for the older bloke.
    Let me add to this...cause once again I hit send before realising I wasn't done...

This goes BOTH ways! I know of several blokes here who think a girl is really hot or what have you only to find that she has no clue to anything which immediately turns the poor bloke off. (Ms. Love-Hewitt comes to mind...) And sadly I see a lot of women my age or younger who do just this. I seriously think it's act half the time until I talk to some of them only to realise that no...they are that stupid. *twitch*

As for why blokes may go for younger women, like Walt for Aurora/J-M. (or vice versa) I know of several cases where the bloke in question finds a girl that he can relate too a lot better then a girl his own age. Of course most of the blokes in question tend to be more open minded and find conservative types a turn off. Walt's a very liberal scientific type after all (at least from what I've seen so far) so he would be understandably attracted to a women who is of a like mind and that tends to be found in the younger set. This is also why I'm still hedging on Walt and Zuzha.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I don't care for the age difference in both ways,but I'm more than tired to see in movies old man with young women. Can older actress have a job too? Can Robert Redford or Sean Connery or Harisson Ford have women their onw age for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I don't care for the age difference in both ways,but I'm more than tired to see in movies old man with young women. Can older actresses have a job too? Can Robert Redford or Sean Connery or Harisson Ford have women their own age for a change?
    TOTALLY agree! I can certainly understand why actresses of a certain age get so frustrated because they can't get any good parts. (Alex Kingston who is in her early 40s and stars in ER has allegedly been fired because she is considered TOO OLD!)

Incidentally, if Snowbird (presumably in horse form) and Thunder get it together and she becomes pregnant will she give birth to a horse or a half goddess-half horse hybrid???

Either way, would a marriage between Snowbird (shall we call her Snowy - that's sexy for a she-horse) and Thunder be legal???? EVEN in Canada???? *

* Sorry, that was meant to be a joke.

From what I've seen, May-December romances usually don't work out too well for life because the younger person invariably outgrows the older one.
    The death thing doesn't look good for Eugene is his daughter will be taking his code-name.
    They "can't" kill Shaman because one of the few permanent deaths was Thunderbird and Marvel is afraid of becoming Indian killers.

Don't Namor & Marrina count as off-ages romance also?