Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight's Newest Love Affair

Hybrid View

Default Alpha Flight's Newest Love Affair

We know it's gonna happen eventually in the new book. My money's on either Zuzha and Walt, or Zuzha and MMJ. She and Walt have had some nice interplay, but she IS clinging to the Major a lot....

Ben

OMG!

Yes she has been clingy to MMJ, but my money's on Zuzha and Walt!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    OMG!

Yes she has been clingy to MMJ, but my money's on Zuzha and Walt!

LMAO, I wanna see Eugene's reaction to THAT!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

My moneys on MMJ and Nemesis. It makes sense if you think down.

I'm banking on Yukon Jack and MMJ... however that seems - sadly - unlikely.

Not sure how I would feel about Zuzha and Walt, how young is she meant to be??? But as you say it should be interesting to see Eugene's reaction to that if it happens.

If Nemesis is an agent/spirit of vengence it would be interesting to see her battling her feelings of love vs her natural instincts of fighting justice (or whatever), but not sure they will do that with her just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Not sure how I would feel about Zuzha and Walt, how young is she meant to be??? But as you say it should be interesting to see Eugene's reaction to that if it happens.
    I'm guessing she's around 25. She does own her own bar after all, so she can't be too young.

Ben

Zuzha gets pregnant with Plodex child and MMJr proposes to do the right thing?

Hmmm I say theres a communal group wedding....

lol seriously though... I dunno I think Walt might be a touch old for Zuzha... I'd say she ends up going for Major Maplelaff Jr. :P

But I'm often wrong.... how about Nemesis and Centennial???
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

I don't kow if that pairing would be appropriate to either character. If they're that old, no matter how liberated they are from their times one or both would not be approving of cross-racial relationships, no matter how accepting they would be of members of other races as friends.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    I don't kow if that pairing would be appropriate to either character. If they're that old, no matter how liberated they are from their times one or both would not be approving of cross-racial relationships, no matter how accepting they would be of members of other races as friends.
    Plus, Scott said rather vaguely that one of the ANADAF is gonna die circa issue 9 (I believe this appeared in Rich's interview with him). Just based on our characters, the prime candidate is Rutherford (he is 97 bloody years old)... mind you, this is Lobdell, so it could be anyone, but I'm taking logic into my shoes on this one.

My guess would be the new Puck, because that would have the greatest effect on other characters, particularly Eugene.
    Yukon Jack would be no loss, though.

Maybe the knife in YJ's chest was actually foreshadowing, not flashback.

Scott didn't really say that somone was gonna die, what he said was " An example of this is issue 9, with a surpise marriage proposal that I didn't see coming. Certainly as certain characters shuffle off their moral coil, they characters left behind will react different as a result. "

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    My guess would be the new Puck, because that would have the greatest effect on other characters, particularly Eugene.
    Yukon Jack would be no loss, though.
    Don't be too quick to rule out YJ just yet. He has a LOT of potential, and unlike a lot of other writer's calamities, Scott seems to know potential. Zuzha is another character with a lot of potential, especially in regards to her lack-of-relationship with her father....

.... *insert inquisitive expression here*....

.... looking over the characters, they all have a lot of potential. The only one who's been extensively explored is Walt, and God knows he's been down that route at least once, so that's unimaginative. My vote's still on Centennial or Nemesis (she's an animated corpse, so I guess 'death' is a bit of a misnomer). Also, by 'vote', I don't mean I WANT these characters to die, just they are the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Don't be too quick to rule out YJ just yet. He has a LOT of potential, and unlike a lot of other writer's calamities, Scott seems to know potential.
    I personally reckon YJ has HUGE potential! I mean seriously? Here's a dude from some secluded society that has remained off the radar of 'modern civilization' for who knows how long, yet they are aware of the outside world and choose to avoid it. That alone intregues me.

An example of potential in characters...When Scott Lobdell and Chris Bochello went about creating Generation X, I remember reading an article where Scott said that Chamber pretty much created himself in the initial discussions about the book. And under Scott's writing and Chris' art, Chamber turned into one of the most fresh, ingenius, exciting characters of comics in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Zuzha is another character with a lot of potential, especially in regards to her lack-of-relationship with her father....
    Yeah, especially after #4 where it shows that Eugene knows of her. What's happened since they were seperated? Does Zuzha have a clue about who her dad is? There's a million twelve questions about the father/daughter relationship alone.

As for the proposal hinted at in Rich's interview, I personally can't wait to see who and what! I have read te thread and the speculations and I have my own thoughts on the matter too, but I'm just going to be a good girl and wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    lol seriously though... I dunno I think Walt might be a touch old for Zuzha... I'd say she ends up going for Major Maplelaff Jr.
    Eh...I dunno, kinda loath as I am to bring it up, look at X-Men with Archangel (which he'll always be to me thank you) and Husk. She's all of 19 and Warren has to be at least a decade older. You figure that the original X-Men are all in their early to mid 30's with the possible exception of Iceman who isn't that far behind them. So I don't think the age thing would matter much...at least not in this day and age.
    Hell was full, so I came back.