Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #4 Discussion Thread (Spoilers From The Start)

I'm not a hater so does that mean I can make all the noise I want?
    Richard Vasseur

I completely and totally agree with Phil!

OMG It kicked a**e!

I had picked up a few tpb's for someone and the bloke at the shop was packing them for me to ship and I read while I waited...I read it again in the car before coming home. lol

bad fangirl...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

just picked up this issue, i liked it alot, i really like the time scott lobdell is putting in to developing the characters. looking forward to the big pay-off of seeing the originals. i really like the little hints they are dropping about the powers of each character, yet not totally revealing them.

good stuff.

Yes not revealing everything does keep you guessing and in suspense. Its nice to know some things but not everything. You get to learn more as you keep reading the comic.
    Richard Vasseur

Great Issue! =D>

And i was laughing out loud at the thought of Sas doing the dance game. I was dissapointed that they didnt show him and Zuzha kicking plodex defense system thug butt!

Ahhh well...

Looks like the obligatory team fight is next.

Zuzha probably liked seeing him dance and wanted to join in if she didn't.
    Richard Vasseur

My fave line in the whole book was Zuzha going on about having a bar full of stupid drunks back in Montreal. The look on her face as she said it was priceless!

And I bet she misses it to. She seems like the kind of girl to enjoy a room full of drunks.
    Richard Vasseur

probably. I mean the girl keeps a baseball bat handy for when they get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    probably. I mean the girl keeps a baseball bat handy for when they get out of hand.
    So?? the Gold Range in Yellowknife (ranked #3 as the roughest bar in North America in 2001) has a fully-loaded shotgun in case the fully-loaded patrons get out of hand.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Is the shotgun filled with rocksalt? Plus do you really think Puck would need a gun to handle a few drunks?
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    So?? the Gold Range in Yellowknife (ranked #3 as the roughest bar in North America in 2001) has a fully-loaded shotgun in case the fully-loaded patrons get out of hand.
    Damnnn And I thought the place I worked at had it's moments! We had farm impliments and a few knives.

Apologies for interrupting the bar talk.

Just wanted to add I very much enjoyed this issue as well. I thought the set-up in the beginning was quite powerful, with Major Mapleleaf explaining his origin to Nemesis (in glowing terms, of course) while seeing in his mind how it really went. Great paradox, very moving. I'm glad it was thrown in there, even though the rest of the issue was significantly less serious and shocking (yet very funny). Sort of hinted that the series is going to be funny, obviously, but we are going to get some real emotion and character development too. Not just laughs. I know I've read from folks on X-Fan and in reviews that people have been worried about the series being all jokes and cartoonishness (that can't be a word..) and such. Good to know they're wrong.

I really dug the interaction between Major Mapleleaf and Yukon Jack too. "It's so cool the way you can use 'mayhap' in a sentence." Lovely. I'm taking a liking real quick to Yukon Jack (and MM). Only thing that drives me nuts about him still is his bad Elizabethan grammar, but that's just the stupid English Major coming out in me.

Anyway, all in all, great issue I thought. I await the next with baited breath.... (j/k, I really am looking forward to it though).

K, back to your regularly scheduled conversation.
    Nosce te ipsum.

Just finished the issue. More good stuff. I would like to start to get to some action, but the stories aren't lacking as the characters are just so great. I am a bit confused as to why MMJ said, "God bless America." though... The Mayhap comment was great, as was Walt's dancing. I'm starting to get curious about powers. The openning scene really built MMJ's character. I liked the copyrighting of Old Man as a codename. Mole Man's cameo was cute. I just love this team.

Great issue which really moved the story along. I won't spoil anything just yet.