Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #4 Discussion Thread (Spoilers From The Start)

So what was the Mole Man doing in it? I'll find out in a few days anyway I guess.
    Does anyone else enjoy Scott's write up on the introduction page as much as I do? Its nice the way he seems to be actually taking to you.
    Richard Vasseur

I find it mostly anoying, but it's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    Just finished the issue. More good stuff. I would like to start to get to some action, but the stories aren't lacking as the characters are just so great. I am a bit confused as to why MMJ said, "God bless America." though...
    He said "God bless America, ALL of America". I think its a reference to the fact that the America doesnt only refer to the USA, but also includes the other countries in the continent of America, including Canada, the Latin American, and the South American countries. So, if a person who was saying it was only referring to the United States of America, then he should say "God Bless the USA", instead of God Bless America. At least that is how i interpreted that line...

Thought it's not nearly as good as the book deserves, ComicX-Fan did have a few good things to say in their review: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...threadid=28140

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    He said "God bless America, ALL of America". I think its a reference to the fact that the America doesnt only refer to the USA, but also includes the other countries in the continent of America, including Canada, the Latin American, and the South American countries. So, if a person who was saying it was only referring to the United States of America, then he should say "God Bless the USA", instead of God Bless America. At least that is how i interpreted that line...
    Bravo! I could not have said that better if I tried! There is more then the US on the American continent, and several of those countries had large stakes in WWII, which was depicted in the flashback. More so then people tend to realise sometimes.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Shouldn't the comic have gotten 4 maple leafs from the reviewer? And that emotion he mentions is part of what I mentioned about the intro from Scott.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Shouldn't the comic have gotten 4 maple leafs from the reviewer? And that emotion he mentions is part of what I mentioned about the intro from Scott.
    Yeah I reckon so too. The review was praising enough to warrent 4 maple leaves.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

that's what happens when people make thier minds up about a book before they read it. Reviewers also seem to have issues with giving praise when they don't want to .

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    Just finished the issue. More good stuff. I would like to start to get to some action, but the stories aren't lacking as the characters are just so great. I am a bit confused as to why MMJ said, "God bless America." though...
    I still have trouble seeing a Canadian saying that. Plus, God Bless America is a cliche used by politicians.

Hey I don't have trouble giving praise to a comic book when it deserves it. I have two review columns.
    Richard Vasseur

I just finished reading Alpha Flight # 4 and I will be posting the review at http://www.jazmaonline.com right now. I enjoyed the comic a lot.
    Richard Vasseur