Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: #4 Discussion Thread (Spoilers From The Start)

  1. #31

    Default

    So what was the Mole Man doing in it? I'll find out in a few days anyway I guess.
    Does anyone else enjoy Scott's write up on the introduction page as much as I do? Its nice the way he seems to be actually taking to you.
    Richard Vasseur

  2. #32
    Alpha Flight
    syvalois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenfield Park, Québec
    Posts
    754

    Default

    I find it mostly anoying, but it's just me

  3. #33
    Alpha Flight
    bigbloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    Just finished the issue. More good stuff. I would like to start to get to some action, but the stories aren't lacking as the characters are just so great. I am a bit confused as to why MMJ said, "God bless America." though...
    He said "God bless America, ALL of America". I think its a reference to the fact that the America doesnt only refer to the USA, but also includes the other countries in the continent of America, including Canada, the Latin American, and the South American countries. So, if a person who was saying it was only referring to the United States of America, then he should say "God Bless the USA", instead of God Bless America. At least that is how i interpreted that line...

  4. #34
    Administrator Department H
    Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PEI Canada
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    Thought it's not nearly as good as the book deserves, ComicX-Fan did have a few good things to say in their review: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...threadid=28140

    Ben

  5. #35
    Alpha Flight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    A Kiwi living just shy of San Francisco
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    He said "God bless America, ALL of America". I think its a reference to the fact that the America doesnt only refer to the USA, but also includes the other countries in the continent of America, including Canada, the Latin American, and the South American countries. So, if a person who was saying it was only referring to the United States of America, then he should say "God Bless the USA", instead of God Bless America. At least that is how i interpreted that line...
    Bravo! I could not have said that better if I tried! There is more then the US on the American continent, and several of those countries had large stakes in WWII, which was depicted in the flashback. More so then people tend to realise sometimes.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

  6. #36

    Default

    Shouldn't the comic have gotten 4 maple leafs from the reviewer? And that emotion he mentions is part of what I mentioned about the intro from Scott.
    Richard Vasseur

  7. #37
    Alpha Flight

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    A Kiwi living just shy of San Francisco
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Shouldn't the comic have gotten 4 maple leafs from the reviewer? And that emotion he mentions is part of what I mentioned about the intro from Scott.
    Yeah I reckon so too. The review was praising enough to warrent 4 maple leaves.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

  8. #38
    Administrator Department H
    Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    PEI Canada
    Posts
    5,162

    Default

    that's what happens when people make thier minds up about a book before they read it. Reviewers also seem to have issues with giving praise when they don't want to .

    Ben

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    Just finished the issue. More good stuff. I would like to start to get to some action, but the stories aren't lacking as the characters are just so great. I am a bit confused as to why MMJ said, "God bless America." though...
    He said "God bless America, ALL of America". I think its a reference to the fact that the America doesnt only refer to the USA, but also includes the other countries in the continent of America, including Canada, the Latin American, and the South American countries. So, if a person who was saying it was only referring to the United States of America, then he should say "God Bless the USA", instead of God Bless America. At least that is how i interpreted that line...
    I still have trouble seeing a Canadian saying that. Plus, God Bless America is a cliche used by politicians.

  10. #40

    Default

    Hey I don't have trouble giving praise to a comic book when it deserves it. I have two review columns.
    Richard Vasseur

  11. #41

  12. #42
    Alpha Flight
    kozzi24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    ok review

  13. #43

    Default

    I just finished reading Alpha Flight # 4 and I will be posting the review at http://www.jazmaonline.com right now. I enjoyed the comic a lot.
    Richard Vasseur

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •