Thread: 'Weapon X' question

Default 'Weapon X' question

Okay, managed tp pick up a good sized run of the current Weapon X title and was wondering if I've missed something, I read all the one-shots (like a good little comic-book fan) and then launched myself into the series and was puzzled by the whole "Hunt for Sabretooth" plot. When did Sabretooth leave the Weapon X program and run off with the data mutant files? Did this happen in an issue I missed or in another title? Or am I just thick and it's actually mentioned in one of the one-shots but I just mis-read it or drifted off into a wibbly-wobbly world of my own while reading it?

Btw, Sauron's issue was HILARIOUS! And how sweet is Wild Child??? (He seems to have actually reverted to a child!) Loved his issue with Aurora when he rescued her from the mental facility, it was very touching and sad when she rebuked him in the end... although he did look like Nosferatu...

Hey Beetle, no...you didn't miss anything. Sabretooth escaped with the files in between the one shots and the first issue. Well...that's at least what I think. It wasn't mentioned in the one-shots, and I doubt it was done in an issue of Wolverine or anything.

-Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Cool, thanks for that. I was starting to think that I missed an issue (possibly another one-shot following on from the original 5 but coming before issue 1 of the actual series).

My only other thought was that it might have happened in another book (Wolverine being the obvious choice). At least I know I've not missed anything

Btw, poor Maggott I was strangely touched by his death in Neverland even though I didn't really know anything about the character.

From what I've read of the series so far I think it's a pretty good, I like the fact that the 'cast' is more ensemble and it's very different from reading a normal X-book or team book.

Actually that's incorrect, Sabretooth got the files in Wolverine #173 (which has the Alpha Flight back up story where Aurora gets captured by Weapon X) / 174

Ah, thanks for that. I thought it would have had to happen somewhere, although it would have been nice if they'd told us in Weapon X itself.

If I remember correctly, Weapon X 1/2 gave a quick recap of everything, and is set before the drafts, which lead straight into #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    If I remember correctly, Weapon X 1/2 gave a quick recap of everything, and is set before the drafts, which lead straight into #1.
    There's a Weapon X 1/2 oh craps - how come whenever I think I have all the issues of something there's like another issue to get.

Oh well...

A normal cover and a wizard world variant as well

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    A normal cover and a wizard world variant as well
    A wizard world variant cover!!! Great, sometimes I forget how annoying (and expensive!) this comic collecting malarky can be. May give the 1/2 issue a miss for now.

While browsing in my local book emporium I came across a lovely stand full to brimming with Graphic Novels and low and behold there was the first 'Weapon X' collection which includes the 1/2 issue. So, now we know.