Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight #4 4 page preview

Default Alpha Flight #4 4 page preview

Default Re: Alpha Flight #4 4 page preview

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

OOOH!! a NEW, darker version of the orig MML!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'm hooked already, some depth to both Major Mapleleafs and specualtion as to why he felt the need to slap his kids and what bearing does that have on the new MML being so willing to please and prove his worth.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Damn.... Nemesis is a hottie!
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Wow!

What a great first page! A nod to Walt's gridiron past, Yukon Jack was stabbed? Is he a zombie? Nem out of costume! Centennial was a ganster??? Puck abandoned Zusha?! So he does know that he has a daughter. Was this during his "Outcasts" time? Did he have to leave coz he was going to prison?

I cant wait to read this!!!!

I was also thinking that it looks like Yukon Jack is stabbed. Not a zombie, I don't think, but we know his race isn't a normal mortal tribe. Perhaps they have some sort of regerative ability that keeps them living, some more so than others (Like YJ and his father).

The pic of Nemesis looks old, maybe from before she turned into what she is now...

Look closely at the pic of Centennial. He's got a badge on his belt. He looks like a cop, from the dirty thirties. Fighting organized crime.

As for Judd...it implies he was "forced" to abandon her...so possibly when he went to jail, the timing would seem to be correct.

I'm with you Bloo, it's got my mouth watering for more! And we gotta wait a whole week!!

I leafed through the copy at my store's (Wildtime Comics, Attleboro, Massachusetts) advance look pile. The issue looks like an improvement over #3.
    As far as Mapleleaf Senior, I always assumed all his angst over Michael's death was possibly because Michael came out and Dad shunned him for it, and that very possibly, they never reconciled before Michael died.
    And if Dad has told the kids REPEATEDLY not to rummage through other people's things, then (politically incorrect here) a slap and spankin' ain't out of order!

whoa. I saw the boxes heading to comic book shops last night at work... I get happy when I see those now. lol
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I like the quick change of mood between the page with Mapleleaf Sr and Hitler (which I can't stop laughing at) and the scene of him smacking his kid around. Adding some emotional weight to the new characters is wise. Hopefully stuff like this will dispel the perception among some reviews that this is a comedy-book...

While I appreciate adding some more details into the origins of the new team, is it really wise to stick this in so early in the series? The Plodex origin makes sense, to help explain who the team is fighting, but pulling out the origin story right here in the middle of a larger story just sort of smacks of filler.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see what follows these four pages, but I think marvel's 6-issue arcs definitely suffer from that.

From my leaf-through of th epreview, Scott touches on backgrounds of all the characters, and the pacing is much better than #3's.

I want this already! the four page previews are driving me nuts!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

The shot of The Invaders was great! Lobdell's really fleshing out the characters before the final showdown with the Plodex. This series keeps getting better.

Now, some sites say #4 is out today...and others say it's out tomorrow...Which is it?

Ben