Thread: Chronological Order Question

Default Chronological Order Question

Okay, I require a bit of verification re a couple of things. I've just read a write up for Razzar and the person doing the bio states that Puck went after the black blade just after World War 2, I was always under the impression that it was around 1937 Puck went after the thing, ideas?

Secondly, I'd like to place Pucks time with 'The Outcasts', someone proffered elsewhere that their activities may have been set around the early to late forties, given the way they were presented, I've always looked at that period of Pucks life as being around the time of Vietnam, late 60's early 70's. Again, any ideas ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ah, indiscrepencies.
    Puck first heard about the blade in 1939. The narration (AF#32) doesn't specify that he either went after it either immediately or after a length of time it may have taken to track down the "Black Blade of Bagdad." Realistically, the item may have been hidden, so a length of time for him to find it would not be an unreasonable assumption. I don't think it was stated exactly where he found it, but onion-domed towers, palm trees and turbaned guards are seen.
    When the character was first mentioned by Puck, he is referred to as "Razor." Throughout the rest of the issue, he is referred to as "Razer" even by Puck. I guess the later appearance where Puck was restored as a giant may have introduced the Razaar/Razzar/Raazar combinations that have confounded everyone since.
    Can't help you with the Outcasts bit as I barely remember the reference.

Thanks for the heads up on that Arabian geezer , I can work that. Have the events take place during WW2 works for me. Re the Outcasts, I'm just gonna have to do some digging, but the uniforms and ordinance suggests the Vietnam era.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Just watch Marvel continuity, a hard thing to do. The earlier in Nam, the better, as the later years, (from publication, and not the current story - marvel years = history) Mac was recruiting the team in the 70's. Always a sticky subject, but they still do it with Punisher, so nothing should stop you. Just make the best sense of it you can.
    If the ordinance you mention would fit, compromise and maybe set it during the Korean War?

Thinking of Razer, I swear I saw him show back up in one of the X-annuals in a backup story featuring Freedom Force. It was during Gulf War I and he was part of a team called Desert Sword an Iraqi Superteam.

Quote Originally Posted by jay042
    Thinking of Razer, I swear I saw him show back up in one of the X-annuals in a backup story featuring Freedom Force. It was during Gulf War I and he was part of a team called Desert Sword an Iraqi Superteam.
    New Mutant's Annual, 1991 (just before NM switched to X-Force) I remember seeing that too
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Raazzeor (did I hit every spelling?) as a team player

... The story ran through three or four annuals at the time. I happened to read up on it yesterday, for Sympathy for the Marvels research. The team was named 'Desert Sword' 'Desert Shield' and 'Desert Storm' on the same OHOTMU entry.

Raazzeor never struck me as a team player, and they depowered him for this. But I was pleased-ish to see an AF character used. (The -ish comes from uncertainty; is this really him? Couldn't they find a better AF character to use? )