Thread: Ummmm

Hybrid View

Default Ummmm

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST TPB
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Pencils by JOHN BYRNE
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Re-live the legendary first journey into the dystopian future of 2013 - where Sentinels stalk the Earth, and the X-Men are humanity's only hope...until they die! Also featuring the first appearance of Alpha Flight, the return of the Wendigo, the history of the X-Men from Cyclops himself…and a demon for Christmas!?
    Collects UNCANNY X-MEN #138-143 & ANNUAL #4.
    184 PGS./MARVEL PSR …$19.99
    UPC: 5960611560-00111

*tsk tsk Marvel*

First appearence of Alpha eh ? So they are reprinting #120-121 then. If not, then whoever wrote that don't know his arse from his elbow.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

May not even be the 2nd appearance, as Northstar, Aurora & Sasquatch were in Machine Man that same publication month

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    First appearence of Alpha eh ? So they are reprinting #120-121 then. If not, then whoever wrote that don't know his arse from his elbow.
    What he said....I may not be up to par on the history as much as some of the other hoons lurking around here but I'm not THAT bad!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Why don't they just release an AF TPB?

If the new series takes off they might do that, but the thing is that the AF back issues aren't too hard to get your hands on, and if I'm not mistakened, older issues are usually realeased in TPB because they're hard to find, and will give people an other way of reading them. I may well be wrong here.

Ben

Part right, about the hard to find, but part wrong, as trades are a business, and will be released if the publisher figures it can make money.
    Alpha back issues are easy to find and relatively cheap, and you get so much more, such as letters, etc that it's worth the search.

well between online shops and two ones I frequent here, it has been fairly easy for me to get my hands on the older issues....even if I admit looking for the ones with the twins and walt resepectively in them primarily.

I am not sure where but isn't there a TPB out already of AF? Or am I dreaming?

Only one I know of is "The Gift" Asgard storyline with X-Men and New Mutants

mahalo nui loa I wasn't sure if I'd read somewhere there was one out or not. Of course I'm feeling a bit bleah right now so who knows?

I wouldn't mind seeing a few special trade paperbacks come out featuring Alpha Flight either teaming up with a super-hero team or facing some villian that they might not ordinarily meet. They could team-up with the Inhumans and face Doctor Doom.
    Richard Vasseur

ist trade will probably be the latest 6 issues.
    Considering he is current writer, maybe Marvel should consider a trade of Scott's first run, which would include #106

The only thing good about a collection of issues is that they usually have a new cover and sometimes extre art in the back. Or if you can't get a hold of the original issues.
    Richard Vasseur