Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight #6

You know? Of all the various artistic talents I've seen draw Sasquatch over the years, (thanks a lot to galleries!) I LOVE Henry's version! He doesn't look so fluffy. Seriously, a lot of the earlier Sas pics make him look fluffy, not some giant hairy man beast that can tear you limb from limb...or....(no, I'll be good)

As for Heather and the glasses. Considering how a lot of them won't take that kind of punishment to begin with I reckon she got the laser thingy done.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

The goggles were the best part of her look, and should be broiught back!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    which makes me wonder....were are Heather's glasses/goggles? Why are they always left out now!? I bet those mean ol' plodex took 'em!!!
    Well, Heather does seem to be squinting in that pic, I know how she feels when I don't have my glasses on.

I seem to remember in v.2. that she now wears contacts but that they tended to dry out which is why she wanted Dept H to design goggles for her again. Maybe she's had eye laser treatment since?
    Either that, or she stopped using the suit for flying. No flying, no dried contacts, no problem. (Never understood how she used the geo-suit for flight. the EM suit, I can understand, but not the geo-suit. What does she fly on? Geysers??)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Maybe she flies on thermal updrafts, like many heat-manipulators do...

Actually they should just put her back in the old suit all together. The current green and gold one is a monstrosity.

Hey, I like her new suit. It sets her apart from Mac.

The green just doesn't fit with out national colours. I liked it when Heather had the regular colours, and Mac had the inverted red and white. That did a great job of setting them appart, but at the same time kept with the colours of the flag.

Ben

Agreed. I definitely prefer the red and white to the green and yellow. AF is based in Canada after all, not Aussie.

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    I really, really don't like the new Puck costume, plus she seems to have really to thin arms for the rest of the body. The collar makes it look as if she cannot move her head like a torticolis what ever it is in english
    Geez...how the hell DO you say "torticolis" in English??

Is it whiplash? I didn't think they were the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    sweet. man i get excited every time i see guardian, still the best costume in the marvel universe.
    Damn straight, dawg!

I just wanna get me hands on it already! *covets*

Count me in for Heather in the traditional red-and-white Guardian suit to. Let Mac be house husband: he didn't want to be a field operative anyway.

Geez...how the hell DO you say "torticolis" in English??

Is it whiplash? I didn't think they were the same thing...
    torticolis means stiff neck or something like that, I finaly got around to look in a translator. The translator just could not translate whiplash, but just the word whip don't gave me a good feeling it's the good thing

Torticollis is a disease of the muscles on just one side of the neck. These muscles are unnaturally contracted which pulls the head towards the side of the diseased muscle. Its a pretty uncomfortable condition.

Oh, and i must say i like Heather in the green and gold and white costume. IMO the suit still uses manipulation of the EM field for flight. its just the weapons systems that have been rerouted towards geothermal applications.

And to differentiate torticollis from whiplash, Whiplash is a temporary injury of the neck muscles usually resulting from a sudden forward backward movement of the head (like when the car you are riding in suddenly stops, your headis whipped forward, thenback). Whiplash results in injury to the neck muscles which causes them to spasm. So its painful, but easy to treat. Resting the muscles by wearing a neckbrace will usually do the trick.

Torticollis is a pretty permanent condition. I think surgery is the only way to really correct it. And even then its a bit iffy.

Oh, and i really dont mind Zusha's costume, but im not really loving it either.