Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight #6

Blue, you are the doctor, you should know, but I used torticolis as you do for whiplash. My french dictionnary give you reason in saying torticolis is an hurt form 1 side of the neck, but my french-english dictionnary say torticolis= sniff neck and whiplash=coup de fouet (lashes with a whip) or coup du lapin(which I have no clue what it's means even in french, damn French, we need our onw dictionnary!!! )

I'm confused!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    The green just doesn't fit with out national colours.
    And black with a big 'P' does? With Mac back as Guardian, you only need one national figurehead, so I can live with or without the colour scheme.

I liked it when Heather had the regular colours, and Mac had the inverted red and white.
    I agree 100%. Maybe give Heather the inverted colours.

That did a great job of setting them appart, but at the same time kept with the colours of the flag.
    Okay, I realise that I am starting to sound b***hy now a days (mostly because I am, due to my general life - for that, I apologise), but this matter of colour schemes is getting a bit along the same route of the creator-bashing: tedious. As long as ONE of the team is wearing the national colours, that's fine. However, everyone's saying they want BOTH Mac and Heather in the same suit. That borders on the team uniform fiasco that every hated when the red-white-with-maple-leaf-on-the-boob design was introduced before the World Tour. People, you can't have it both ways.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

And black with a big 'P' does?
    Well, the black suit is supposed to make him look like...a hockey puck! So yeah, that works.

Torticollis is a disease of the muscles on just one side of the neck.
    I know what it is, I just didn't know how to say it in English and I didn't realize that until syvalois brought it up. So it's the same word (with maybe slightly different spelling) in English as it is in French?

Quote Originally Posted by syvalois
    Blue, you are the doctor, you should know, but I used torticolis as you do for whiplash. My french dictionnary give you reason in saying torticolis is an hurt form 1 side of the neck, but my french-english dictionnary say torticolis= sniff neck and whiplash=coup de fouet (lashes with a whip) or coup du lapin(which I have no clue what it's means even in french, damn French, we need our onw dictionnary!!! )

I'm confused!!!
    LOL

OK, "stiff neck" is a different thing also. The other name for Torticollis is Wry Neck, but this is an old term. Maybe the whiplash in your dictionary is only referring to the object? The whip you use to lash animals (and sometimes people) with? Because in english we also use the term for the medical condition you get after a car accident.

Stiff neck is a term we doctors usually use for that condition you get in the morning when you get muscle cramps in your neck after sleeping in an awkward position.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Okay, I realise that I am starting to sound b***hy now a days (mostly because I am, due to my general life - for that, I apologise), but this matter of colour schemes is getting a bit along the same route of the creator-bashing: tedious. As long as ONE of the team is wearing the national colours, that's fine. However, everyone's saying they want BOTH Mac and Heather in the same suit. That borders on the team uniform fiasco that every hated when the red-white-with-maple-leaf-on-the-boob design was introduced before the World Tour. People, you can't have it both ways.
    My vote is to get rid of the geothermal-powered outfit, it's just plain stupid IMHO. Heather is hands down the better leader, but Mac is the one with the science and technical abilities. I would love to see two teams with the two of them leading one each. That way both of them could wear the red/white outfit, they could both lead and we could get our Uncanny and All New All Different Alpha Flights.

I agree with bigbloo. It wouldn't be an Alpha Flight series if the two teams didn't throw down at least once. It seems the members of Alpha have been fighting each other since the tussle with Puck and Sasquatch from Vol. 1 issue #1!!

LOL

OK, "stiff neck" is a different thing also. The other name for Torticollis is Wry Neck, but this is an old term. Maybe the whiplash in your dictionary is only referring to the object? The whip you use to lash animals (and sometimes people) with? Because in english we also use the term for the medical condition you get after a car accident.

Stiff neck is a term we doctors usually use for that condition you get in the morning when you get muscle cramps in your neck after sleeping in an awkward position.[/quote]

ok, so for me a torticolis is more than a Stiff neck, but not necessarely a torticoli as you name it. Usually, a torticoli is that it's so bad that you have to put a colar around your neck for a long period 1 week or more.

Damn language barrier even in french, I think I'm wrong. You know some words changed meaning depending if you are from france or from here? Confusing hein?

Definitely very confusing
    but fun when you finally sort everything out

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Bloo, there's always a fight between old and new . Puck against her daddy and Heather v Nemesis, that's the two i'd like to see.
    Who doesn't love a great catfight! Go Heather!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Bloo, there's always a fight between old and new . Puck against her daddy and Heather v Nemesis, that's the two i'd like to see.
    Who doesn't love a great catfight! Go Heather!!!!
    Heather could do Nemesis every time, but I'm sure there's a kinda mutual respect between the two ladies in question, tempered with a great deal of mistrust.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I -liked- the team uniforms!
    It just seems like a good idea, and an appropriate use for uniforms.
    Or, they could do what the New Warriors did, and have team colours (black and yellow in their case) in lieu of an actual uniform. (I know Namorita wore green back then, but mostly...)

I wonder if Nemesis' sword could get through Heather's force field? The field's energy, after all, not matter, so the molecule thing might not help. And we know Lady Deathstrike's Couldn't.

"Any government that’s strong enough to give the people everything they want is a government that’s strong enough to take it away."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    I -liked- the team uniforms!
    I like the idea too. It gives a sense of unity. Baseball teams have wear matching uniforms, police and all wear uniforms... I liek the idea of the team matching. Not like a bunch of people in random different outfits hanging together. AT least some kind of theme. They all wear red and white, but with stylistic differences. (much like the ones they did have...)
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

The leaf-points and diamond.triangle patterns as worn by Mac, NS, Aurora and Shaman and Snowbird with her cloak gave a subtle unification. Puck didn't match, and Sasquatch runs around buff, so 5 of 7/8 is a pretty good match. I'd prefer individual uniforms with a shoulder and/or chest patch insignia