Every November now for the last 5 years a group has held what they call NaNoWriMo...short for National Novel Writing Month...they used 'National' but it is definitely open to anyone around the globe. The object is to write 50,000 words in the span of a month. There's no prizes given (except the right to brag if you succeed) and style/grammar/quality doesn't count. It's an exercise for writing's sake.

Or like they themselves state here:
"Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that's a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down."

I did this last year and wrote a horrific X-Fic that I may one day clean up and actually post. It felt good to hit the 50,000 word mark and I'll admit that I was prouder then a pig in slop when I did...even if it was rubbish. ^^

Their home site is here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php if you want to check them out. Now some Nano novels have been published, most will probably never see the light of day though but that's okay. The idea is quantity over quality, you work on the quality later if you think you might have something there.

I recommend checking them out if you are a writer and maybe want a good exercise in writing. I found my experience helped me a lot with my own writing and I reckon a lot of other writers could benefit too. Who knows? It might be good enough to get Marvel's attention enough that they'll offer ya a job. ^^