Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I CURSE Comic-Books????

Well as long as Marvel remembers the basics in its comics good story, good art. They should be ok its just to bad they do not always do that. Like on the Hulk comic. I'm hoping the Marvel Age Hulk will be as good as the Spider-Man one is.
    Richard Vasseur

I won’t deny that variants are used to generate incremental sales and excitement, but I am not sure the term “significant” is appropriate.
    So, basically, he's talking about excremental sales?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

If he means varient covers I used to get them but no longer do. The inside of the comic book is the same so I just get the regular cover unless its something really special.
    Richard Vasseur

Hey Beetle, if you really are the curse of the title axe, buy the new X-Force. Lots of it!
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Hey Beetle arn't you buying Alpha Flight? Maybe you should stop if you might cause it to be cancelled?
    Maybe with this super-power of yours you could join Alpha Flight? You could cancel out the villians.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Hey Beetle arn't you buying Alpha Flight? Maybe you should stop if you might cause it to be cancelled?
    Maybe with this super-power of yours you could join Alpha Flight? You could cancel out the villians.
    SUPER-POWERS???? Rich, this is a CURSE, I tell ya, a CURSE!!! *shudder* Perhaps my angst-riddeness would be more suited to the pages of X-Men? Trying to think of a suitable code-name now...

And yeah, sorry I AM buying Alpha Flight and I'm NOT going to stop, even with my dreaded CURSE. So you know who to soley blame if the axe falls...

And sorry kozzi but even I - the CURSED Comic Beetle Queen - refuse to buy X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    And sorry kozzi but even I - the CURSED Comic Beetle Queen - refuse to buy X-Force
    How about I buy #1 for you, that way you don't have to sully your hands, but maybe your nefarious powers/curse will work. :P
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

"And sorry kozzi but even I - the CURSED Comic Beetle Queen - refuse to buy X-Force"

Wouldn't that mean that, by definition, any series we want you to buy to get cancelled you wouldn't buy?

You know if enough cursed people buy Alpha Flight it would keep it going since it would have enough sales. As long as I can get my Alpha Flight I'll be happy.
    Marvel should make a poster of the new team.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    "And sorry kozzi but even I - the CURSED Comic Beetle Queen - refuse to buy X-Force"

Wouldn't that mean that, by definition, any series we want you to buy to get cancelled you wouldn't buy?
    Sadly any comic-book with X in the title is immune to my CURSE (hey, even Superman has some weaknesses!), also the CURSE works best on books that I read regularly and enjoy - that's why it's a CURSE and not a gift

Pity me, y'all, pity me...

Isn't X-Force only going to be a mini-series anyway?

Besides, X-Force was really good before ... what was that crap called?... that crap where everybody got all angsty and crap then there was that "6 month" gap... right before that crap, I swear it, X-Force was a good book.

Crap crap crap!

I used to like X-Force at the start with Cannonball and Domino in it. Domino was a great character.
    Richard Vasseur