Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I CURSE Comic-Books????

Default Do I CURSE Comic-Books????

Just read that The Legion is being cancelled after Gail Simone's 4 issue story arc.

First Namor, New Mutants (well, it's virtually been cancelled under the guise of re-boot!!!) and now this.

I don't think I can cope...

You stay away from Alpha Flight!!!!! :P

nah, your just in the same boat as me, eclectic tastes. The problem is this, lower sellers grant more editorial freedom, so they are generally better reads, but the downside is they are on the cancellation edge.

Yes that does happen to often that the better comics due to perhaps not having as big a following since their characters are not as well know will get cancelled due to low sales. Everyone knows the X-Men but not everyone knows Alpha Flight so it could get cancelled ( it better not) even though its the better comic. And the X-Men could continue.
    Richard Vasseur

just about everything I've ever really liked has a bad habit of going the way of the Titanic...it ain't purty.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Why are monkeys stealing your underwear at night?
    Richard Vasseur

It's a postcard I got once from a mate of mine...there is a really long BAD story behind it...but just trust me on this one.

or in other words, an inside joke with a mate not even on this forum and I was in the mood to put it up anyway.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

I have now decided to use my cursed-gift for good - so any crap comic-books you think SHOULD be cancelled, let me know and I shall buy it regularly, give me about 6 months and they will go the way of all flesh

Ok as long as they are not trying to steal mine just yours! Are they flying monkeys?
    Alpha Flight should face the Dream Queen again and visit Oz. The Polex child could be Dorthy, Sasquatch the lion, Scarecrow Yukon Jack and the Tin Man Major Maple Leaf. And Toto could be Snowbird.
    Richard Vasseur

beetleblack than buy She-Hulk. I am going to be cancelling it, the covers it has are great almost worth getting the comic just for that and the stories are good enough. But the artwork is so bad. The body proportions are so misproportioned. Her arms are half the size they should be.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Ok as long as they are not trying to steal mine just yours! Are they flying monkeys?
    Alpha Flight should face the Dream Queen again and visit Oz. The Polex child could be Dorthy, Sasquatch the lion, Scarecrow Yukon Jack and the Tin Man Major Maple Leaf. And Toto could be Snowbird.
    I sent in a full script about that a couple years ago--for 100th anniversary of the actual novel. I should repolish a bit with some reformatting. Visually and Thematically it worked really well. Aurora was Dorothy for the thematic lost girl bit. Sas of course was the lion. Mac was Scarecrow, as a patchwork man, with Northstar as the Tin Man in need of a heart. Puck was all the Munchkins, Heather as good witch and Snowbird as the bad witch--the one who tore out the Lion's heart (which of course the Tin Man was eager to accept.)
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Yes but now you can try to work in the new characters. Yukon Jack could be the flying monkeys.
    Richard Vasseur

Well, folks, I've done it again - just read that Emma Frost is to be cancelled!!! I humbly apologies to everyone who loved this title and was hoping to see the character into the blonde b*tch that we all know and love in years to come. Sadly it will just not be... although Marvel are now doing solo series for Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler and JUBILEE!!!!

(Jimmie, can you ever forgive me???)

Yes I saw all those listed and I ordered the Jubilee one. I always liked her attitude. Her and Wolverine made a great team.
    Richard Vasseur

Ummm, I'm just concerned that I'm not sure if Marvel have any idea of what they're doing any more. Aren't they being a bit ambitious releasing so many solo x-titles when they've only just re-loaded the x-universe and launched several new titles this last few months?