Thread: Weapon X #23 Review (Possible Spoilers)

Default Weapon X #23 Review (Possible Spoilers)

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

hmmm...interesting. got another book to pick up now!
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Many moons ago when men were men and sheep were frightened I watched a TV series called "Storm of the Century'. It was by Stephen King and made reference to Roanoke, but only verbally. I asked questions about it on a mailing list Bubs belonged too, but being an ignorant Brit, referred to it as Rowanoak (oh how the list members laughed (ignorant bastards )), but I did learn a little. It was somthing to do with a settlement and how it disappeared etc.

Anyways full details can be found at http://statelibrary.dcr.state.nc.us/...s/English1.htm

In regards to Weapon X, I only picked it up initially for the AF connection, but have grown to really appreciate the series and Frank Tieri's rendition of the AF members in it, also the story he is weaving together. It's out in TPB's so catching up for anyone interested should not be a problem.

Waffle over
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Oh god! LOL I'm an Aussie raised Kiwi living in California and I have to repeat meself half the time I say anything...so yeah I can relate there. It's funny too because I use a lot of yank slang but people still do double takes at what I say.

I actually picked up a couple of Weapon X issues by chance a while ago.. I saw Chamber on the cover and damn near wet myself. This was also the time I started getting back into collecting too, so I was on a back issue hunt like nobody's business. I haven't seent he TPB in the two shoppes I frequent. But then they're both a good clip from me so making it to them is a bit of a chore...especially seeing as I work at night and am dead tired by morning I just don't have the energy to do much at all.

However! Reno Nevada has a beauty of a shoppe and I'm going to drive up there next week when I'm off. It's 3 hours but definitely worth it in my opinion. Plus the drive through the Sierra's this time of year is spectacular!

You should have seen the reaction I got when in ICQ chat, I said I would be back in a sec, but was just gonna get a fag (slang term for cigs) again they laughed.

In regards to Weapon X, IMO, it's gotta be the bext X book out there.

I go to Barking on a bus for my comics, you go for a three hour jaunt through the Sierra's. Your not making a friend here
    Del

ROTFLMAO!!! I smoke...I call em fags too! oh yeah I can relate. most of me mates I yack with though are in England or are very familiar with Brit slang, so I'm usually okay. It's the stupid sods I work with that I have the problems with....

Yeah the art in the issues I picked up blew me away! I reckon I'm going to blow about a hundred bucks on back issues and stuff but I've been saving for it..so it's all good ^^

And about that three hour jaunt...you haven't seen the way Califorians drive...it's a life or death struggle just getting to and from work every day not to mention hoofing off to the mountians for some gambling/comic books Although! The Reno trip means passing Donner Lake, site of the infamous Donner Party of the winter of 1850something...always good for a laugh that one!