Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: What to do with the Originals?

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67
    (Aurora and Northstar are in limbo part-time, at the moment...I don't want the others to join them).
    Dana
    The latest is that Northstar is in the hands of the New X-men writers. They are big fans, so although he isn't going to be a major character, they'll treat him right and at least give him some air time. Better than being in limbo!
    With Weapon X cancelled, who knows what is going to happen to those Alphans. At least it would be relatively easy to free up most of them. Aurora was seen leaving. The Director has gone insane so hopefully Jeffries' brainwashing will wash off in time. Wild Child disappeared with the Weapon X compound, but that could easily be explained away as him not being there when it happened. Diamond Lil could have escaped when Neverland was deserted. All in all, I think they could all be easily used with little explanation as to why they are ok.

I'm hoping that Frank Tieri gets the chance to wrap up most of his subplots or at least passes detailed notes on to Scott so that he could work Tieri's intentions into his own plans.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Well I certainly hope someone does something with all those Alphans running around. They should all migrate to Toronto and it could become the New York of Canada where all the super-heroes hang out.
    Richard Vasseur

I don't think Aurora has a place on an active team right now. She needs to get her head together first. She's been through a LOT of trauma in Weapon X, and needs to come to grips with that first. I don't think it's a good idea to slap her onto Alpha Flight just because she's a fan favorite. It would be a fiasco, at best.

As for Madison, I think he should find Lil and SETTLE DOWN already. If he really loved her, he'd respect her desire to build a life away from Alpha Flight.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you about Madison and Lil' he should be the tech guy for the team and not a field operative.
    Aurora though I want her on the team with her brother.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    The latest is that Northstar is in the hands of the New X-men writers. They are big fans, so although he isn't going to be a major character, they'll treat him right and at least give him some air time. Better than being in limbo!
    With Weapon X cancelled, who knows what is going to happen to those Alphans. At least it would be relatively easy to free up most of them. Aurora was seen leaving. The Director has gone insane so hopefully Jeffries' brainwashing will wash off in time. Wild Child disappeared with the Weapon X compound, but that could easily be explained away as him not being there when it happened. Diamond Lil could have escaped when Neverland was deserted. All in all, I think they could all be easily used with little explanation as to why they are ok.
    Will they treat Northstar right? I doubt it....he's become a shadow of who he used to be(under Austen)...and now reduced to little more than a supporting character. I find that rather sad.

Dana

Wel that is why Northstar should be brought into Alpha Flight so Scott Lobdel can treat him right. And bring him back to his former glory or better.
    Richard Vasseur

I think they'll treat him right in New X-Men, but he won't get a lot of exposure. I actually prefer him teaching to working with Alpha Flight, because it lets us see a different side of JP than we're used to, and he'd be wonderful to help play a coming-out story in the pages of New X-Men. I'd love to see it.

Do you really think they will have a coming out story?
    Richard Vasseur

Honestly, no. A friend of mine pointed out to me that the two openly gay X-characters kinda got "lost in the shuffle" during Reload: Northstar and Karma. Also, the rumored-to-be-gay Victor Borkowski, a student in New Mutants/New X-Men: Academy X, also disappeared.

Well I think it is to bad they can not openly discuss or show people with a different life style. Understanding others is what makes it easier to get along with them.
    Richard Vasseur

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default What to do with the originals...and the newer Alphans

I think MARVEL should publish some of the ideas that the fans have, like
    "I remember" by Michael Dillon.

So far...Northstar has been ignored, neglected...and oh look...they've killed him and resurrected him as a zombie ninja....Do you folks still think he'll would be treated right in the X-books?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Yep now we have two Northstars. Over in Alpha Flight we were left with a younger version. And they have the present one to. Will Marvel handle either one correctly? How would they react if they met?
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Yep now we have two Northstars. Over in Alpha Flight we were left with a younger version. And they have the present one to. Will Marvel handle either one correctly? How would they react if they met?
    Hit on each other? *shrugs*