Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with the Originals?

According to the little marvel handbook I have, Jefferies is listed as 'gifted' in the brains department. So I think he just might have a natural knack for picking things up easily.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Sounds good lagerd.
    So how would Nemesis's sword do against Captain America's shield? Or Wolverine's claws? Or the Black Knight's Excalibur?
    Richard Vasseur

Heather had the geothermal suit some time before the Alpha/Inhumans Annual, though.
    Right you are

I didn't hear the transdimensional Box theory anywhere, it's my attempt to explain the whys and wherefores. The body becoming immaterial within the bot would require Bochs or Maddy to be split into any number of atoms, but still remain in control of them and the bot at the same time. Basically in a Star Trek Transporter form while in control of the bot. That works for me, but the complexity of that design after Bochs died would require Maddy to have an understanding of technology to the level of someone like Forge.
    It was described as phasing into the armor, so maybe a protective lock is that the armor had memory of their genetic make up as it had been recorded, and always reverted them to that, thus healing them back to the stored memory. this in fact, would not have healed Bochs from the bends because their would have been memory of what gasses were in his lungs, but not what pressure those gasses were.
    This theory can also be used to explain how Jeffries went from pug ugly to the handsome leading man, because he had just programmed a change for his face through.
    I think the issues and the handbook are a vicious circle. The handbook has to reflect demonstration awithin the issues, and by the time Jeffries' first compilation was made, Mantlo had subverted Byrne's character beyond recognition. I am more for the idea that he is not gifted, but can just make things work...we can all use computers, but how many of us can write code successfully?
    I don't think Alpha Flight formed quite enough of a nurturing environment for Jeffries to reach his potential. When he was forming from Bochs' design and making armor from minerals in caverns, all was fine. One he evolved to spontaneously building FTL spaceships, all was lost.
    Such was Mantlo's true problem on the book, that the characters he took to be his own were near perfect to show just how "bad" the original core team was.

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Sounds good lagerd.
    So how would Nemesis's sword do against Captain America's shield? Or Wolverine's claws? Or the Black Knight's Excalibur?
    It would probably be able to take anything as longas it wasnt enchanted or made of force. Anything solid can be cut by Nemesis' (the original) sword coz its only an atom's width thick and can slipin between the molecules. So theoretically, Cap's shield and Wolvie's claws are toast.

That is, of course, assuming this is the original and not some cheap copy.

Yes, and she was quite shocked when she was duking it out with The Wrecker and her sword did not cut through his wrecking bar. That was a good fight.

Ben

So Nemesis's sword would not be able to cut Thor's hammer, or the Valkeyre's sword. Would the vibranium in Cap's shield since it keeps the atoms vibrating make a difference since if her sword can cut between the atoms could she if the atoms were moving?
    Richard Vasseur

So Nemesis's sword would not be able to cut Thor's hammer, or the Valkeyre's sword. Would the vibranium in Cap's shield since it keeps the atoms vibrating make a difference since if her sword can cut between the atoms could she if the atoms were moving?
    I dont think the motion would be a problem at all, because atoms are normally in motion all the time anyway. Im assuming the vibranium atoms oscillate more than other atoms, but IMO that shouldn't stop the sword from cutting between them...

So how would her sword do against say Susan Storms invisible force field?
    Richard Vasseur

Prolly not much, since her swords good against anything material that's not magic. Sue's force field is composed of pure energy, so shouldn't be affected
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

It all comes down to Sue Storm and penetration of her force field in the end.... *sigh*

So if her sword does not work against magical weapons how does it do against magical beings? Like Sasquatch's body or Shaman's?
    Richard Vasseur

I immagine it would all depend on the nature of the magic. If there is magic at work that gives invulnerability, or inpenratability, I would say it wouldn't do much, but just against a body that happens to have magical characteristics would mean nothing at all. The point being it can be stoped items magically enhanced to give them a great deal of durability, beyond that or normal laws of physics.

Ben

Default Puck

So is the new Puck as agile as the original one? I wonder if she can cartwheel like he did?
    Richard Vasseur

*Moderator note*

Inhumans discussion split to it's own thread at: http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=294