Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with the Originals?

Not only can nanomachines disrupt the elctrical signals that our brains and nerves use, they can also mess with the chemical signals that the brain uses for communication (neurotransmitters).

Strictly speaking, Nano-machine is a term used for machines that are so small that their parts are individual molecules or atoms. Maybe Walt is talking about a bit of a larger machine, like an artificial virus or microbe which would be few hundred times bigger than nano-machines, where-upon micronbots or micro-machines would be a more appropriate term.

Its pretty much psudoscience, and i think nanobots are a bit of an overkill as a plot device. I mean, if Walt had access to microscopic machines that could modify the way a person acts, then he wouldnt need Nemesis. Or the rest of ANADAF. He could beat the Plodex (and other villains) by just injecting them with the machines and prevent them from being bad.

Of course maybe they could only afford to make one batch. or they are untested and Nemesis is the guinea pig. Or maybe there really are no nano- or micro- machines and Walt is just messing with Nem.

[quote=Of course maybe they could only afford to make one batch. or they are untested and Nemesis is the guinea pig. Or maybe there really are no nano- or micro- machines and Walt is just messing with Nem. [/quote]

Now that would be funny!

I cast a vote for Walt messing with Nemesis, and she took him by surprise with her question on harming Alphas in their civvies.

During the fight with the Hulk, Box's legs were ripped off. Bochs already had no legs, so, literally (and the first sign of his insanity) laughed it off.

The explanation of Windhear's suit giving him refined control of his powers is what I remember.

There may be a different reason for Heather's suit, that it is also giving her control of her abilities. What abilities? The thermal earth powers she gained without realizing it when she was exposed to the Terrigin (SP) Mists in the Alpha/Inhumans Annual, although I think I prefer the explanation that Heather gained no powered from the Mists because she is completely flatscan with no mutancy potential/ This would be defined by latent powers their children might have, such as the FF before their spaceflight (remembering Claremont's FF/X-Men Limited) or Cloak and Dagger before the drug injection.

Has it occurred to anyone else that since Walter's manipulation of Aurora's mutant signature, that she and Northstar share powers. Northstar's now faster, but seldom generates the light. Aurora's a bit slower, but uses the light more, and in more varied ways. My guess is that the twins are not mutants in the classic scientific sense: one or both of their parents have light and speed powers. I also think, given the unexplored parts of their origins, their might be another triplet.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    During the fight with the Hulk, Box's legs were ripped off. Bochs already had no legs, so, literally (and the first sign of his insanity) laughed it off.
    Yeah, very true, but if memory serves, he did have left shoulder so unless he was incorporeal then he should have felt the pain when Hulk smashed through the robot. My only explanation for this would be that while inside the bot he is slightly out of synch with this dimension. Kinda like on the outside looking in.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't remember off the top of my head either, but maybe the damage didn't go deep enough? Bochs had pretty rounded shoulders

I think I'm gonna stick with the totally ridiculous concept of the Box Bot being a trans dimensional doorway with the strong Robot aspect in this dimension and Maddy or Bochs in a a ethereal state psionically controlling the bot in the other dimension. That would explain non physical damage to either of them, but some fatique due to psionic backlash. In the first Dream Queen arc after Maaddy has taken out Tundra, we see Maddy as an almost ghost like figure.

That of course beggars the question as to how Maddy who was a ditch digger by trade could come up with the design for such a complex Robot and keep on designing them after Bochs was worm food and could no longer help him ?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Heather had the geothermal suit some time before the Alpha/Inhumans Annual, though.

I remember the explanation as being Bochs (or Madison) was phased into the Box armour so his body was immaterial, that's why the Hulk couldn't hurt Bochs' human body when he tore through the Box bot. He did feel pain when it happened, but that was explained as being phantom pain created by his mind's expectation of feeling it after his 'body' was damaged. I don't remember the trans-dimensional doorway theory though, where did you hear that?

I didn't hear the transdimensional Box theory anywhere, it's my attempt to explain the whys and wherefores. The body becoming immaterial within the bot would require Bochs or Maddy to be split into any number of atoms, but still remain in control of them and the bot at the same time. Basically in a Star Trek Transporter form while in control of the bot. That works for me, but the complexity of that design after Bochs died would require Maddy to have an understanding of technology to the level of someone like Forge.
    Del

Yeah, there never was any sort of explaination for how Madison, without benefit of any scientific understanding, could create a new set of armour, a spaceship, etc. Maybe his power works somewhat along the line of how Franklin Richard's does, he invisions what he wants, and then uses the material on hand to make it real?

I think it could be safe to say that Jeffries is a very inteligent man, but did not have the oportunity to seek any real education. He also avoided using his gift for years. The time he spent with Roger Bochs could well have tought him quite a lot about mechanics, giving him enough of an edge to create just about anything he could imagine.

Ben