Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: What to do with the Originals?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Mungi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Yep now we have two Northstars. Over in Alpha Flight we were left with a younger version. And they have the present one to. Will Marvel handle either one correctly? How would they react if they met?
    Hit on each other? *shrugs*
    Ew. JP may be egotistical, but I don't think he's THAT bad.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hit on each other but wouldn't that be able the same as if it was your own brother?
    Richard Vasseur

Hit on each other but wouldn't that be able the same as if it was your own brother?
    Naaaa...if you masterb....you know, it doesn't make it incest. It's just very creepy and wrong. There was a funny SNL skit about that

Ya but normally when you masterbate its one person only now if there are two people thee even if they are the same person. It is creepy.
    Richard Vasseur

Ya but normally when you masterbate its one person only now if there are two people thee even if they are the same person. It is creepy.
    Indeed, but it is you so technically still you doing it. Just like how in Austin Powers old and young No.2 have sex. I think it's more creepy than anything, but hey what a person does behind close doors is their bussiness...even if it is creepy business

I think I would find this topic more interesting if it was Aurora with her younger self. I find that a much more pleasant picture.
    Richard Vasseur

*ahem* G-rated folks

Ben

I think I would find this topic more interesting if it was Aurora with her younger self. I find that a much more pleasant picture.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    *ahem* G-rated folks

Ben
    Come on make it at least PG-13

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Just like how in Austin Powers old and young No.2 have sex.
    I've never seen that scene. There's bits of it in, like, the closing credits and outtakes and stuff, but I've never seen the whole thing. Is it in the US version, or are you referring to the outtakes?

Also, JP is so egotistical, he'd either love himself or hate himself. If one of him kills the other, is that murder or suicide? If JM wanted to commit suicide again, would that be a hostage situation?

- Le Messor
    "Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone you love."
    - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor
    Just like how in Austin Powers old and young No.2 have sex.
    I've never seen that scene. There's bits of it in, like, the closing credits and outtakes and stuff, but I've never seen the whole thing. Is it in the US version, or are you referring to the outtakes?
    It is from outakes and deleted scenes, you peice things together. In on scene the young number.2 is in his underwear and the older won is wearing makeup a dress and a wig

Now with an old and young version of the team around plus the all new and improved version why did Marvel create so many Alphans now if they are just going to sit in limbo?
    Richard Vasseur

Great question, Rich, and one I have had issues with for years.

It seems every time AF gets its own book, new characters are introduced, and then, after the book is cancelled, the newbies are forgotten.

Then, the next time an AF book is introduced, instead of reviving the previous characters, another new team labeled "Alpha Flight" is introduced, while the "new characters" introduced in the previous book are never mentioned again. There are indeed many AF characters that we've seen only a few times, never to be seen again. Too many to count.

There's a scene at the end of the "Alpha Flight Special" of May, 1992 that inadvertantly illustrates this best: As Sean Benard walks away from the barn after leaving Hudson, there is a HUGE portrait of all the characters who had ever joined Alpha Flight up in the sky behind him. HUGE. Even without the subsequent characters who joined, (Flex, Radius, Centennial, Yukon Jack, Zuzha, etc., etc.), the numbers are awesome. Yet, most of these characters are never heard from today. I agree, why introduce them at all, and then do nothing with them?

Yes I agree there are so many I would love to see Persausan and Ghost Girl in a limited series. Marvel needs to use these characters and other Aphans. Ghost Girl was hardly seen yet she was a fantastic character.
    Puck even by himself if handled right could be a great regular series with other Alphans popping in once in a while.
    Why doesn't Marvel use these characters?
    Richard Vasseur

Why doesn't Marvel use these characters?
    because they are not from a team with an "X" in their name

Well than the "X" eventually will become used to much and die down and than what will replace it?
    Richard Vasseur