Thread: Alpha Flight - For Provinces & Planet

Default Alpha Flight - For Provinces & Planet

Hey Everyone,

I know everyone is aware that I am running an Alpha Flight Play By E-Mail game. So far there are 5 (of slots full. If you'd like to check out the game, follow the link in my signature (and be sure to check out Marvel Apocalyptika as well ).

THE PREMISE:

It's been six months since AF (Vol.2) #20. Heather has moved up into the upper management of Department H. Gentry, as director, is trying to make amends for the horrors Clarke and his lackies did. 'Mac' has traveled down to Antarctica along with Sasquatch to train the Canadian scientists in the use of new scientific equipment. Shaman has returned to his people, and the three new recruits have been placed into Beta Flight.

Now, with no available Alphans, and Beta Flight on a rescue and relief mission, Gentry must form a new team of Alpha Flight to prevent the resurrection of Alpha Flight's first true villain, Tundra! Meanwhile, Heather must defend Department H and the future of Alpha Flight before a Board of Inquiry.

((I know, I know....I'm not really good at writing premises, but the story has been really good so far. Just ask any of the players))

I will try and post what we've done so far within the next couple of days, if y'all like.

Let me know.

This is the end of my shameless self-promotion

Cheers,
    -Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Ok...here's the firt post from the game, that starts off the story. I will try to post everyone's responses once a day. This is entry one of the story 'For Provinces & Planet, pt.1'. Please let me know what you think:

Entry #: 3-042004-5

=Ministry of Defence=

I stood in the main entryway, standing on the great Canadian seal, looking down the corridor I was about to walk down with a knot growing in my stomach. How many times had I been here in my lifetime? How many
    times had I been here doing the same thing over an over? I was here today to make sure that Mac’s legacy continued.

I was here on behalf of Department H to make sure that Alpha Flight would still be around to help this great nation during times of crisis. The Prime Minister had already made opinion very clear. With the Avengers and the Fantastic Four so close, what was the point of
    Alpha Flight? It was his opinion that we were a logistical nightmare. A drain on resources that was no longer needed.

Adjusting my glasses, I gripped my briefcase tighter and started to walk down the corridor. The slight heels of my shoes making an echoing clacking sound on the hard tile. I nodded hello to several people as I
    continued. They all knew me from my last time here. Some of them smiled and nodded back, others rolled their eyes. It seemed that whenever I went into that room, I was always a patriotic spectacle.

Hopefully this wouldn’t be like the last time.

Minutes passed as I walked, the door leading to the hearing room getting closer and closer with each step. Inside, I wanted to run. I wanted to go tell Mac that he needed to be here instead of being in the Antarctic helping our research station develop better equipment.
    I wanted to call Walter, or perhaps Michael and Narya and tell them to come here to be with me. This was the first time I was facing these people alone. And for the first time since I started wearing the
    battles-suit, I was afraid.

I felt naked. I no longer wore the Vindicator battles-suit. Especially the nightmarish one that Clarke made me wear our last go around with Alpha Flight. I was now Heather Hudson…Department H Liaison. A business suit had taken over as the costume I wore day to day. Dealing with the day to day operations while Gentry got used to his new role as overall director of the department. I let out a sigh as the thought of the difference between pushing papers and saving lives crossed my mind.

I stopped for a moment and thought about it for a moment. Did I really miss being Vindicator that much?

Shaking my head and forcing those thoughts away, I focused on why I was here and continued to walk down the corridor.

With the clacking of my shoes I drew closer to where I was going to be spending the next few days. A long and arduous journey through the background of what had been before was the only thing that I could look forward to. Perhaps if I had stayed Vindicator, it would have been Gentry that would be facing these suit-wearing jackals.

*Hindsight is twenty-twenty.* I thought to myself as I moved ever-so-more closer to the two dark stained wooden doors.

Stopping in front of the doors, I took a deep breath and started to reach for the handle. I jumped slightly as my hands touched the handle and my cell phone went off. I closed my eyes and mentally told myself to get a handle on myself as I picked the small device out of my pocket and looked at who could possibly be calling me. Upon seeing that it was Gentry himself, I wondered what little words of wisdom he had before I entered.

“Hello, Director Gentry. What can I do for you?”

“I thought I would call to remind you to keep your cool with this inquiry board. The fate of the department rests in your more than capable hands.”

“I’m beginning to think that you don’t have confidence in my abilities,” I replied, “Or do you think that I will lose my temper?”

“I have the utmost confidence that you want us to continue, Mrs. Hudson, I’m just using your previous encounters…”

“To come up with a preconception that I will go off the handle and let Alpha Flight’s funding disappear,” I asked.

“Uhm…yes,” he replied, “That, and I thought I would let you know that I am taking certain members of Gamma Flight out into the field. I will be out of contact for the next few days. If you have any questions…”

“Please feel free to talk to Dr. Huxley,” I asked, interrupting him once again, “Don’t worry Director Gentry, everything will be fine.”

“Let us hope,” he said, “Good luck, Mrs. Hudson.”

I took the cell phone away from my ear and pressed the power button. With a small beep, the device was turned off and placed back into my bag. Touching the handle again, I opened the door and finally headed inside to what was more than likely going to be an overall bad experience.

:::Meanwhile:::

=Department H – Lower Levels=

Paul Nordstrom walked through the lower, still unfinished section of the large structure that housed the government branch of the Canadian Super Human division known as Department H. For the past year, this area housed the secret laboratories that altered and manipulated the team known as Alpha Flight. Under the direct supervision of General Clarke, this had been a house of evil. A dark area f the building that not many people even knew existed.

Now under the administration of Director Gentry, this area was being explored and fully catalogued. The shadows of the past were going to be brought to light. Nordstrom hoped that Gentry would try to correct what happened. It seemed only fair.

Coming to the door marked ‘Mystical Retrieval’ Nordstrom entered his key command and watched as the door slid open. This room housed all of the mystical items that Alpha Flight had recovered over the years. It also housed books and scrolls that would enable someone to do some very serious harm to Canada. At times, he felt that these shouldn’t be here. A more adept guardian would have been Dr. Strange in the US. Or perhaps under the watchful eye of Talisman and Shaman. But here, they were open to anyone who had the proper access.

Starting his inventory, right off the bat, he saw that something was missing. A book that housed the information containing to the Great Beasts. Dropping his clipboard, he ran out of the room and headed to the higher levels to let Gentry know.

:::An Hour Later:::

=Department H – Mess Hall=

For the past thirty minutes, Emily and the rest of her Gamma Flight teammates had sat there staring at the food that they had been given. With the future of the department up in the air, they had told the cooking staff to take it easy with the food. Now without the more glamorous stuff, there was now this soup and a spaghetti that she wouldn’t feed to her worst enemy.

“You know…” Greg spoke up, “When I signed up for this whole Gamma Flight ‘thing’, I thought we would get a little bit better treatment than this.”

<<Zeke>> he said.

“He’s right,” Emily agreed, “With everything up in the air, this is the best we can expect.”

<<Zeke>>

“I’m sorry the food isn’t to your liking.” came a voice from behind that made Emily jump. Turning around, she saw Director Gentry standing there with another man.

“Director Gentry…I…uh…” Greg stood immediately and started to stutter.

<<Zeke>>

“We haven’t heard anything yet. Mrs. Hudson has yet to tell me anything. Although inquiries such as these would take a while longer.”

<<Zeke>> he asked.

“Actually, I came down here to ask you a question, Zeke.” he said, “Mind if we take a walk?”

<<Zeke>>

Watching them walk away, Emily wondered what would be so important. But her thoughts were taken away from the two men who had just left as she felt a piece of cornbread hit the back of her head.

“At least this stuff can be thrown.” Greg said, then laughed.

To Be Continued…

Ok, that was the first entry. In the coming days, I will post Zeke's responses and the others who were involved in part 1 (We're almost up to part 3 now)

-Mystic

I know that I said I would do this every couple of days or so (back in June), but things sometimes get a little hectic. Anyway, I'm just going to copy and past the rest of 'For Provinces & Planet, pt.1' right here. Please let me know what you guys think of the story.

Christian Johnson
    =Zeke=
    Gamma Flight
    “Untitled”

Entry #: 3-042004-6

=Department H-Hallways=

"I can't believe we have to stay here! Mac gets to be in Antarctica doing some research stuff and we got nothing"

"He thinks we..."

"Might get in trouble? Of course he does! He is way too overprotective...this place is bust, Em"

"We are only in Gamma Flight after all"

"I don't really care...he's discriminating us and acting like we're babies"

"I'm not surprised after how you acted in front of him when he told you you couldn't go!"

"You don't understand, I'm sorry I asked"

He levitates and slowly moves away

"Christian....wait"

=Department H-Level 21=

Christian slowly walks down the dorm halls wondering what to do, he walks into his room, turns on his computer and enters his security code "I might be able to finish my mockery of Gentry today, hehe" He opens the folder and and looks for his file.

"NOO!!!It's gone...huh a new file he opens the file and looks inside "I have seen your little joke and have disposed of it- if you do something like it again, I will take away your Department H status-Gentry"

D'OH!

"I thought our Security Codes were private...I've been working on that since I first got this computer!"

He looks at his watch "Lunch time"

He glides towards the elevator and goes down to "Sub-level 1"

::Thirty minutes later::

=Department H-Mess Hall=

For the past thirty minutes, Zeke the rest of his Gamma Flight teammates had sat there staring at the food that they had been given. With the future of the department up in the air, they had told the cooking staff to take it easy with the food. Now without the more glamorous stuff, there was now this soup and a spaghetti that he wouldn't feed to his worst enemy.

"You know." Greg spoke up, "When I signed up for this whole Gamma Flight `thing', I thought we would get a little bit better treatment than this."

Zeke them muttered "Well you thought wrong, everything's messed up at the moment"

"He's right," Emily agreed, "With everything up in the air, this is the best we can expect."

"Though this food is...."

"I'm sorry the food isn't to your liking." came a voice from behind that made Emily jump. Turning around, she saw Director Gentry standing there with another man.

"Director Gentry…I…uh." Greg stood immediately and started to stutter.

(Oh man, Gentry)"So what's happening where Mrs. Hudson is?"

"We haven't heard anything yet. Mrs. Hudson has yet to tell me anything. Although inquiries such as these would take a while longer."

"So why are you here?" he asked

"Actually, I came down here to ask you a question, Zeke." he said, "Mind if we take a walk?"

"Fine with me sir"

Watching them walk away, Emily wondered what would be so important. But her thoughts were taken away from the two men who had just left as she felt a piece of cornbread hit the back of her head.

"At least this stuff can be thrown." Greg said, then laughed.

Zeke looked back and telekinetically threw 10 pieces of Cornbread into
    Greg's face "That'll teach him he thought to himself"

Heather Hudson
    =Vindicator=
    Alpha Flight
    “Obsidian”

Entry #: 3-042004-7

=Ministry of Defence – Hearing Room=

Placing my briefcase down onto the large wooden table in front of
    me, I nodded to the people who sat before me and prepared the
    paperwork that I was going to use. Adjusting my glasses, I
    straightened my suit and took a seat. Many of the faces that were
    here I had met before during my time as Vindicator…or Guardian…I had
    been both during those times.

"Nice to see you again, Ms. Hudson." stated one of the men. His name
    escaped me, "Hopefully we can go through this inquiry without a
    spectacle being made?"

I forced a smile and nodded, "With all due respect…I can't promise
    anything. Thought I will try my best to keep a calm demeanor, Sir."

"Shall we begin?" asked another one of the panel members.

"Very well," the man said…and it was then that I remembered his
    name. This man…Alfred Tournehorn…had already sent three letters to
    Gentry, promising that if he had anything to do about it, Department
    H would be dismantled. I made a note about showing the emails to the
    rest of the panel if things got too hairy, and listened to him
    continue to speak, "Let the formal inquiry into the practices and
    future investment of Department H begin."

"Ms. Hudson," spoke up one of the board, the name tag in front of
    him marked him as John Templar, "I have spent the past three months
    overlooking the files that Department H has kept on the actions of
    Alpha Flight. To say that I am impressed would be an overstatement.
    On two separate occasions you have gone and tried to recapture one
    man by the name of Wolverine. And on both occasions, not only was
    Alpha Flight defeated, you almost caused an international incident.
    How do you justify these actions?"

I nodded and tried to come up with as best an answer as
    possible, "Well…to be honest, Mr. Templar. On both occasions we were
    instructed by General Clarke, former head of Department H, to
    retrieve what the Ministry of Defence had seen as `Property'. We
    were instructed to cross into the United States. If it's anyone's
    fault that there was almost an international incident, it should be
    the Ministry of Defence."

"And both times there has been a conflict with the mutant terrorist
    group known as the X-Men…" he started.

"I would like to point out that if you had read those files, you
    would see that the X-Men are not terrorists. They have helped Alpha
    Flight on numerous occasions. Including helping us bring down the
    superhuman known as The Wendigo."

"Point taken." he said, "Which brings us to why, even though they
    are clearly labeled as terrorists by the US government, would Alpha
    Flight ally themselves with this group?"

"Because in our dealings with the X-Men, they have proven to us
    beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are not terrorists.
    Misunderstood, perhaps, but not terrorists."

"Shouldn't Alpha Flight be concerned with what the Ministry of
    Defence thinks before allying themselves with other groups?" came
    the voice of Eleanor Humble.

"With all due respect," I said, "When it comes down to the wire…if
    Alpha Flight needs assistance, and it is offered by groups who have
    helped us in the past, we will accept it."

"It is that attitude…among other things…that has forced this
    inquiry, Ms. Hudson." Templar said, "For the moment, we will move on
    past the X-Men issue, and work on the apparent ineptitude of Alpha
    Flight."

Letting out a sigh, I hunkered down for what was going to be a very
    long day.

=Department H=

Gentry walked down the hallway with the young man who had called
    himself Zeke beside him. Behind them, Nordstrom walked along with
    them, listening intently as Gentry spoke to the boy. It had now been
    an hour and fifteen minutes since it had been discovered that the
    book containing the proper spells to summon the Great Beasts had
    been taken. Inside him, he knew what Gentry was going to do.

With all of the Alphans away doing other things, Gentry was going to
    try and recruit a new team. Whether this would work or not, he
    didn't know. All Nordstrom knew was that if the book was not
    retrieved, it could spell the end for Canada itself, and eventually,
    the world.

"Zeke," Gentry said, "The reason I needed to speak with you is a
    very private matter. There will be no discussion of this with the
    rest of Gamma Flight. Do you understand?"

<<Zeke>>

"Good." he said, "I want you to come with me to Vancouver. Something
    serious has happened, and I think it would be wise if you were with
    me."

<<Zeke>>

"Something was stolen from one of our holding areas. Who it was,
    we're not entirely certain yet. But it contains something very
    serious. Do you feel that you are up to the challenge?"

<<Zeke>> he asked.

"I would bring Beta Flight along, if they weren't already away in
    Nova Scotia taking care of a flooding incident. The rest of Gamma
    Flight hasn't quite shown your potential."

<<Zeke>>

"You were on the fast track to becoming a member of Beta Flight
    before the budget cuts. I think you can prove me right in my report
    by helping me out in this situation."

<<Zeke>>

"Meet me on the launch pad in twenty minutes. Don't mention this to
    anyone."

<<Zeke>> he said, running towards his quarters.

"Does he suspect what you are going to do, Mr. Gentry?" Nordstrom
    asked.

"I think somewhere he does." the man replied, "Let's just hope that
    my first new selection doesn't prove me wrong."

With that said, the men quickly headed down to the Alpha-Quinjet
    launch pad.

:::A Few Hours Later:::

=Vancouver Oceanographic Institute=

The flight over to the large science center had been silent. Gentry
    had sat in the front next to the pilot while Zeke sat in the back.
    He had been told that it was a mystical text that had been stolen.
    Still, he hadn't been told what was happening as far as traveling to
    Vancouver. And somewhere deep inside, he hoped that Zeke hadn't told
    his Gamma Flight comrades about what was happening.

Setting down on the landing pad, Gentry and Zeke stepped out and out
    towards the small bungalow that housed the person they had come to
    see. If things went alright, then there would be another person to
    help defend Canada. If not, then a serious dilemma would arise.
    Gentry hoped that this would go smoothly.

Entering the bungalow, Gentry looked at the woman at the closest
    desk as he pulled out his credentials, "My name is Director Gentry
    from the Ministry of Defence, and I must speak with Dr. Howard."

"He…he's over there." she pointed to a man in his early thirties,
    hunched over some papers.

Walking over to the man, Gentry cleared his throat to get the man's
    attention, "Dr. Howard, can we speak with you?"

<<Obsidian>>

"My name is Director Gentry from Department H, a branch of the
    Ministry of Defence."

<<Obsidian>> he asked, rather annoyed at the disturbance.

"Dr. Howard, I've come to you because you have been a patriotic
    Canadian citizen and registered with the Super-Human Registration
    Act…" he started to say.

<<Obsidian>>

"Well…quite frankly…your country needs you." he said, "Will you help
    us protect her in a new team of Alpha Flight?"

Heather Hudson
    =Vindicator=
    Alpha Flight
    “Defending Your Life”

Entry #: 3-042004-9

=Ministry of Defence – Meeting Hall=

"I'm not sure if there has been any `ineptitude' as you would call
    it." I said, leaning in closer to the microphone, "Alpha Flight has
    done it's best to defend Canada against any threat."

"Then how would you explain the Zodiac just waltzing into Department
    H while you were off in the Microverse?" Templar asked, "An
    adventure that was not approved by General Clarke, or any other
    official at the Department, might I add."

"How they were able to get past the countless number of Epsilon
    guards the Department has started to utilize is unsure." I said, not
    liking where this was going, "But Alpha Flight did end up defeating
    them."

"Yes, you did." he said, "Even though you lost one teammate and
    General Clarke himself. Let alone the number of Epsilon Guards that
    lost their lives. How can that be counted as a victory?"

"There were casualties, yes. Unfortunate in any case. Yet sometimes
    there is an unfortunate loss. Ask any of the heroes you expect us to
    be equal to. The Avengers…the Fantastic Four…even Big Hero 6."

"Unfortunately, none of the teams you have mentioned are run by the
    government." spoke up another voice from my past, Patrick
    Osmond, "Your little escapade into the Microverse and the subsequent
    loss of both Sasquatch and General Clarke, not to mention those
    guards, cost us a lot of money. Money we don't have to keep running
    a super hero group."

"I would like to mention that the Sasquatch that we lost was not
    Walter Langkowski…but was a real Sasquatch, herded by General
    Clarke. An expenditure of resources we didn't have. Under the
    guidance of Director Gentry, we haven't had nearly the expenditures
    as his predecessor."

"Yes…Director Gentry…under his guidance, you have crashed two Alpha
    quinjets. Two vehicles that cost us two billion dollars." Osmond
    spoke up again, "How do you justify that?"

"On both occasions, it was due to circumstances beyond our control."
    I replied, "To try to imply that Alpha Flight purposefully crashed
    those jets is almost sickening. And considering that it is the
    Canadian Air Force that pilots those quinjets, perhaps you need to
    take it up with their fiscal control board. No member of Department
    H or Alpha Flight touches the controls to those jets."

"We may just do that." Templar said.

"Does anyone object to a fifteen minute break before we continue
    this inquiry?" asked Eleanor Humble.

There was a series of heads shaking before a gavel hit the table. A
    break was called and I had to go make a phone call.

<<Howard>> he laughed as Gentry stood there with the young man known
    as Zeke.

"I am quite serious, Dr. Howard." he replied, "An…incident has
    occurred that requires immediate attention, and the people you know
    as Alpha Flight are currently indisposed."

<<Howard>>

"It is unknown when…or if…they will return to defend this country.
    That's why I came here. To ask you to help us defend your homeland
    from an ancient evil."

<<Howard>>

"I can assure you that if we fail to stop this threat, you won't
    have anything to work for." Gentry replied, "That much can be
    guaranteed."

<<Zeke>> he said. ((Some sort of un-patriotic insult perhaps))

<<Howard>>

"Then you agree?" Gentry asked.

<<Howard>> he conceded.

"Excellent." Gentry said, "Than I would like to first introduce you
    to the first Alpha flight recruit…Zeke."

<<Zeke>> he looked at Gentry with shock.

"I told you, I thought you had more potential than the rest of your
    Gamma teammates." Gentry said, "I feel that in order to get you to
    your full potential, it isn't going to be with the groups that never
    leaves the halls of Department H."

<<Zeke>>

<<Howard>> he said, sticking his hand out to the young recruit.

"Now that the niceties are over, let's go get the next recruit,
    shall we?"

<<Zeke>>

"Our next recruit is nearby." Gentry said as the group walked out of
    the Institute and out to the Alpha-Quinjet.

:::Thirty Minutes Later:::

=Evergreen, British Columbia=

Halfway between Vancouver and the B.C border, the small town of
    Evergreen was a place Gentry had only been to once in his life. The
    population of 8,500 was a welcome change to the bustling Toronto.
    Although this visit was far from a friendly one. There was an
    urgency now as the rest of Alpha Flight was brought together.

<<Zeke>> he asked as they both stepped off of the plane.

"This one's name is Austin Hargrove." Gentry replied, "He was a
    candidate for Gamma Flight before our funding was cut."

<<Zeke>>

"He's currently working in that restaurant." Gentry pointed to the
    small diner, "Is anyone hungry?"

Walking towards the rustic diner, Gentry hoped that Austin would say
    yes to his proposal…

:::Interlude 1:::

Jacob Tuttle had been on the run for almost two days now. A former
    Department H analyst, grown tired of being everyone's victim, he had
    managed to get down into the basement by using an old access code.
    Hoping to find a pace to escape the horrors of everyday life, he had
    managed to find a vast area of reference materials, and taken one
    that would make him a victim no more.

Soon those people who walked on him while he served loyally at the
    department would feel his wrath. The city that held that building
    and it's retched super-hero team on a pedestal would pay. And then,
    after the dust had settled, and the blood of the innocent made a
    path to greater pastures, Jacob Tuttle's weapon of vengeance would
    continue it's rampage southward…toward his evil mother.

*Soon,* Jacob thought to himself, *The people of this country and
    the US will know the terror of the Great Beast, Tundra.*

An evil smile crossing his face, he reached over to the book and
    patted it, being ever so watchful of the road that would lead him to
    the place of the Rising.

Heather Hudson
    =Vindicator=
    Alpha Flight
    “Troubleseeker”

Entry #: 3-042004-18

=Ministry of Defence – Corridor=

I paced around the vacant corridor just outside of the board room
    and dialed the number to get me in touch with Gentry. The blood in
    my veins ran hot as I thought about the questions the board had
    asked so far. They were grasping onto any small detail and trying to
    use it against us. They refused to see what the group had done, or
    how the Ministry had treated us in the past.

I let out a long breath and tried to focus my thoughts. Placing the
    phone up to my ear, I heard the crackled ring. One ring…*The nerve
    of Templar!* I thought to myself. Two rings…I wished that I was in
    Antarctica with Mac. Three rings…and I started to wonder where
    Gentry was. It was unlike him to wait this long before answering his
    phone. Especially in a crisis such as this.

"Hello, Mrs. Hudson." I finally heard Gentry's voice…crackled as it
    may be.

"Mr. Gentry, it's nice to finally hear your voice." I said, "It's a
    nice change of pace from the jackals' inside."

"I take it that things are not going well?"

"To put it mildly. They seem to be grabbing for anything bad that we
    have done over the years to make sure that we are shut down."

"They're not outwardly trying to shut us down." he replied, "They
    should just be there to determine whether or not we should continue
    doing what we are doing."

"You have your opinion, Mr. Gentry, and I have mine." I looked
    around to make sure that no one was listening.

"I expect that I don't have to remind you that any negative outburst
    could, in turn, reflect negatively on us. And I also don't expect I
    have to remind you, that if they truly are out to get us…as you
    suspect…that they may be goading you into a situation where they
    will have `no choice' but to shut us down."

"I know how these people work," I nodded my head, "I will do my best
    to make sure that they don't win." I paused for a moment, listening
    to the sounds coming from his end, "I hope I'm not disturbing you."
    I said, looking down to my watch.

"You're not, Mrs. Hudson…" he replied, "I'm in British Columbia
    dealing with some business. Don't concern yourself with any of it.
    Just focus on the inquiry and make sure that we don't get shut down."

"Yes, Sir." I responded, hanging up the phone and heading back
    towards the double wooden doors. The break now over, it was time to
    get burned at the stake once more.

Gentry closed his cell phone and looked at the two people that had
    walked into the diner with him. The doctor looked at him with a
    slightly confused expression, while Zeke looked slightly shocked at
    what Gentry had said over the phone.

<<Zeke>>

"I didn't lie to her, Christian." Gentry responded, "I simply didn't
    tell her the entirety of the truth."

<<Zeke>>

"Mrs. Hudson needs to have her mind focused on securing Department
    H's future, and the future of Alpha Flight. We can't have her
    thinking about taking on Tundra now."

<<Howard>>

"It's a rather long story." Gentry replied, "One that can be told
    later." he said, walking towards the booth where he knew his contact
    would be.

Looking over the young man, Gentry wondered if this boy's
    personality would meld with the new Alpha Flight that was to be
    formed. His head moving along to a slightly audible beat that blared
    through his head phones. His hair was multi-colored, and he was
    staring down into a spiral notebook, reading something
    unintelligible.

<<Zeke>>

"This is the man we are here to see." Gentry turned to his other two
    companions, "Perhaps…while I talk to him…you two can get something
    to eat."

<<Howard>>

"I've discovered in my time that having a large group of people
    trying to get you to do something isn't a good thing."

<<Zeke>> he said.

"Thank you, Christian." Gentry responded, watching the two as they
    left, and moving towards the booth once more.

A few moments passed as Gentry waited for the young man to look up.
    When he did, there was a once over that made him uncomfortable.
    Straightening his glasses and pulling out his wallet, he produced
    his Department H I.D. and let the kid look it over.

<<Troubleseeker>>

"My name is Gentry, and I would like to speak with you."

<<Troubleseeker>>

Taking a seat, Gentry looked at the kid, "I understand that you have
    recently registered under the Ministry of Defence's Super-Human
    Registration Act…" he started to say, but was cut off.

<<Troubleseeker>>

Letting out a sigh, Gentry continued, "Because of your registration,
    your name came to me as a possible candidate for a special
    assignment."

<<Troubleseeker>>

"As Director of Department H, my task is to protect Canada and it's
    citizens. One way of doing that is forming a super-human task force…"

<<Troubleseeker>>

"Yes, Alpha Flight." Gentry acknowledged, "I need to form a new team
    of Alpha Flight, and would like to call on you to defend this nation
    as a member. What do you say?"

<<Troubleseeker>>

"The rest of the team has been indisposed." Gentry replied, "It's
    why a new team needs to be formed."

<<Troubleseeker>>

"I'm afraid time is of the essence. I need your answer."

<<Troubleseeker>>

Christian Johnson
    =Zeke=
    Gamma Flight
    “Obsidian”

Entry # 3-042004-18

=Department H=

I walked down the hallway with Gentry beside me. Nordstrom was behind us listening to Gentry speaking to me.

"Zeke," Gentry said, "The reason I needed to speak with you is a very
    private matter. There will be no discussion of this with the rest of Gamma Flight. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir" I said with uncertainty

"Good." he said, "I want you to come with me to Vancouver. Something serious has happened, and I think it would be wise if you were with me."

"How Serious?" I said curiously

"Something was stolen from one of our holding areas. Who it was, we're not entirely certain yet. But it contains something very serious. Do you feel that you are up to the challenge?"

"Why Me?" I asked

"I would bring Beta Flight along, if they weren't already away in Nova
    Scotia taking care of a flooding incident. The rest of Gamma Flight hasn't quite shown your potential."

"Then why I haven't I been put into Beta Flight yet?" I asked

"You were on the fast track to becoming a member of Beta Flight before the budget cuts. I think you can prove me right in my report by helping me out in this situation."

"When do we leave?" I questioned

"Meet me on the launch pad in twenty minutes. Don't mention this to anyone."

"Yes" I said, running to my dorm

=Gamma Flights Quarters=

"Emma, Greg...good, you're here" I said with relief

"What is it?" Emma asked me

"Gentry is taking me to Vancouver for a reason I don't know, what I do know is why, apparently, a dangerous object has been stolen from the Department H holding areas" I told them

"And you're telling us this why?" Greg asked

"Gentry doesn't want other people to know about it and I just told you as a precaution I guess" I told Greg

I looked at my watch

"I have to go now! Don't tell anyone abut this! Not even Heather!" I rushed in telling them

:::A Few Hours Later:::

The flight over to the large science center had been silent. Gentry had sat in the front next to the pilot while I sat in the back. Gentry had told me that it was a mystical text that had been stolen. Still, I hadn't been told what was happening as far as traveling to Vancouver.

Setting down on the landing pad, Gentry and I stepped out and out towards the small bungalow that housed the person we had come to see. Gentry still wouldn't let me in on why we were going to Vancouver.

Entering the bungalow, Gentry looked at the woman at the closest desk as he pulled out his credentials, "My name is Director Gentry from the Ministry of Defence, and I must speak with Dr. Howard." he told the woman at the desk.

"He's over there." she pointed to a man in his early thirties, hunched over some papers.

Walking over to the man, Gentry cleared his throat to get the man's
    attention, "Dr. Howard, can we speak with you?"

I didn't bother to listen to the rest until I accidentally heard Gentry
    speak a certain sentence

"Will you help us protect her in a new team of Alpha Flight?"

A Thousand Questions ran through my head

"New Alpha? He's in it? Why a new alpha? Why's he brought me along for the ride? Unless...he wants me to be a part of it as well..."

Terry Scott
    =Troubleseeker=
    Alpha Flight
    “Joining Alpha Flight”

=Evergreen - British Columbia=

I had been sitting there minding my own business and happy to just be left alone…Every time that I talked with people, something always went wrong…Then as if someone invited him, a man walked up and just stood there…I tried to ignore him, in hopes that he would go away…

Seeing that it was not going to happen, I looked up to see the face of this person…He didn’t look like anyone I knew and he wore these funny looking glasses…He stood there showing me his wallet…For a moment, I thought that he wanted me to rob him of his money, then I noticed the ID that he had…

Department H, it said…I looked at it for a moment…“So you’re with Department H…What do you want?” I asked

"My name is Gentry, and I would like to speak with you." He said

“About what?” I asked.

"I understand that you have recently registered under the Ministry of Defence's Super-Human Registration Act…" He said

“So what do you want with me…I’m not causing any trouble…” I said cutting him off. Like always, trouble found me again…In some ways, I hated being a mutant, but it also had its good points…

"Because of your registration, your name came to me as a possible candidate for a special assignment." Gentry stated

“Special Assignment? Just who in the hell of Department H are you?” I replied

"As Director of Department H, my task is to protect Canada and it's citizens. One way of doing that is forming a super-human task force…" He replied

This was a first…The Director himself was asking me for help…I guess that he didn’t really understand what my name is…

“You mean Alpha Flight?” I asked

"Yes, Alpha Flight. I need to form a new team of Alpha Flight, and would like to call on you to defend this nation as a member. What do you say?" He responded

It was a bit overwhelming to be asked to join one of the elite superhero teams in the world…I was almost speechless by the offer…But why would they want me?

“Where is the rest of Alpha Flight?” I asked curiously

"The rest of the team has been indisposed. It's why a new team needs to be formed." He replied

“How long do I get to think it over?” I said

I already knew what my answer was, but he didn’t…I just wanted to see what the big rush of the deal was…

"I'm afraid time is of the essence. I need your answer." He stated

“I’ll join…” I said.

I knew that it was a long shot that I would actually make it…But living on the streets wasn’t the greatest lifestyle to have…This would give me a way out and hopefully a new beginning…

Dr. Maxwell Howard
    =Obsidian=
    Alpha Flight
    “Me”

Entry #: 3-042004-30

'...the statue was incredibly old, testing will find it to be
    older than the Greek civilization and I think it will be found to be
    as old as the early egyptian artifacts we found on top of it last
    year...' I heard the aircraft set down and then went back to the
    paragraph in question. '...think we may have found...'

"Dr. Howard, can we speak with you?" Damn the interruptions!!!
    "No. I'm busy. Make an appointment. Take your pick."
    "My name is Director Gentry from Department H, a branch of the
    Ministry of Defence."
    "Well, everyone has a job somewhere...What do you want, Mr. Gentry???

"Dr. Howard, I've come to you because you have been a patriotic
    Canadian citizen and registered with the Super-Human Registration
    Act…"

"It wasn't patriotism, Director. It was the stunning qualifications
    my Mutant abilities gave me to continue my studies. I ask
    again...what do you want?"

"Well…quite frankly…your country needs you." he said, "Will you help
    us protect her in a new team of Alpha Flight?"

I knew that something like this would happen some day...I can see it
    now, if I decide not to do this I will probably be put on the "C"
    list when it comes to funding next quarter...if I DO decide to do
    this then my research is down the tubes till I can get back to
    it..."Decisions, Decisions." I looked at this Director and his
    flunkie, and decided I would be one of the flunkies also, as long as
    I had my funding I could always come back to my research. Plus it
    would look good on my Grant Application. "OK, I'm in."

William had just faxed me the latest info on the find, and I was
    only half listening to what was being said around me..

<<Zeke>>

"I didn't lie to her, Christian." Gentry responded, "I simply didn't
    tell her the entirety of the truth."

<<Zeke>>

"Mrs. Hudson needs to have her mind focused on securing Department
    H's future, and the future of Alpha Flight. We can't have her
    thinking about taking on Tundra now."

"Tundra??? What's a Tundra? Aside from the type of terrain."

"It's a rather long story." Gentry replied, "One that can be told
    later."

<<Zeke>>

"This is the man we are here to see. Perhaps…while I talk to him…you
    two can get something
    to eat."

"That gives me time to finish this report, but why don't you want us
    to go with you??? After dealing with the Government as long as I
    have you learn that they have secondary motives for everything they
    do.

"I've discovered in my time that having a large group of people
    trying to get you to do something isn't a good thing." I looked at
    the person in question, and found him to look just like the go-
    nowhere kids that I routinely toss out of my classes because they
    think they can get an easy grade. I was unimpressed. I sat down and
    ordered a cup of Coffee and read my report.

END – ‘For Provinces And Planet, pt.1’

So, plese let me know what you think. I will try and post Pt.2 within the next week...or, you can go to the RPG site and go to mission logs.

Thanks,
    -Mystic