Thread: Create Your Dream Team

Default Create Your Dream Team

Create a team of characters. Simple. But there's a catch (or four or seven):

Teams must consist of core MU characters ONLY (this excludes Marvel/DC Amalgam characters, or any branch-off's like Malibu, New Universe, Marvel 2099 (or subsequent future/alternate reality groups, unless they have appeared in the Core Marvel Universe[ie: Guardians of the Galaxy are allowable], etc.)
    Maximum of 8 characters, minimum is 3
    Teams must have a TEAM NAME - team names must be ORIGINAL, no recycling old/current team names
    Only one character from existing teams (current line-up)
    All teams must consist of characters considered ALIVE/ACTIVE (retired/limboed characters are allowed)
    For the sake of creativity, ALL X-Books (except Alpha Flight) are considered ONE TEAM (this prevents someone from recreating a new X-Team)

Have fun!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

This is a very cool idea, but it will take some thinking about! Not sure I'll be able to stick to all those rules as nearly everyone has been in the X-Men at some point. Will give it a go though

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    This is a very cool idea, but it will take some thinking about! Not sure I'll be able to stick to all those rules as nearly everyone has been in the X-Men at some point. Will give it a go though
    you misunderstand. you can use as many FORMER X-Men (ie: Sunfire) as you like (tho be reasonable - don't make a team of all eX-Men), but only one from the CURRENT rosters of the X-Men (including UXM, X-MEN, ASTONISHING, EXCALIBUR, NXM(Formerly NM), etc)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Not sure I'll be able to stick to all those rules as nearly everyone has been in the X-Men at some point. Will give it a go though
    LOL I can think of a BIG list of people who have never been X-men... they're called 'non-mutant' heroes :P

Lets see.

SWORD

Nick Fury
    Cannonball
    Sasquatch
    Wasp
    Meltdown
    Black Cat

A covert ops team created by Nick Fury that uses SHIELD technology and information but has no actual links to SHIELD. Designed to keep an eye on SHIELD and other clandestine villains.

I'm going for the more obscure type of character.

Wolverine :P The mans too obscure, he needs more exposure

Seriously

Team Name : Global Warriors(A team of Global Heroes, drawn together under the auspices of the UN to try and promote Unity in these troubled times . A special commitee, with alternating delegates (no more than five, made up from UN members), would monitor global situations and call in the team, (with majority agreement) to resolve the situation.

Unlike Stormwatch, which required the country in trouble to invoke 'Code Perfect' ( I think that's what it was), the commitee would be all that is required to action the team.

Team Leader : Le Peregrine(sp) French. A politically motivated choice by the UN. A french leader probably being the only one to not be opposed by Western or Eastern delegates.

Other Members
    Sabre : Israeli super type.
    Batal : Syrian super type
    Wallop : Strong type from 'The Clandestine'
    Collective Man : Chinese super geezer or geezers, not sure which.
    Justice : New Warrior, but following his time in the Vault, a more complete person, the real leader.
    Nemesis : To keep the others in order
    Crimson Dynamo : Gotta have an armoured type

In reality, they would last one mission, which they would fail, inflicting more damage on themselves than their enemy ever could
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!