Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hit List

Default The Hit List

I found the link to the Frank Tieri appeal for characters people want dead. Alphas mentioned throughout.
    http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...&threadid=3160

Well I'd like to see Roughouse bite the dust. The newest version of Wildchild should either fix up his character or put him out of his misery.
    Oh my all time one has to be that conniving little she devil from the Avengers "The Wasp" I want to see her tortured slowly to death. The way she has mistreated her ex husband. If any one deserves to die its her.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Oh my all time one has to be that conniving little she devil from the Avengers "The Wasp" I want to see her tortured slowly to death. The way she has mistreated her ex husband. If any one deserves to die its her.
    Oh dear, I believe wanting The Wasp dead is considered sacrelige in some circles - although not as terrible as wanting the Invisible Woman (or the Doris Day of the Marvel Universe as I like to think of her) to kick the bucket.

The Wasp has not mistreated her husband. Chuck Austen has mistreated her husband, particularly in next week's issue. My comics shop has a first look program of the next week's books, and all I will say about Jan & Hank is via Ben Grimm and the old time comic he emulates: "What a Revoltin' development this is!"
    I wasn't crazy about the Vegas issue by Geof Johns, but Jan's refusal was true to her character. What's going on in Avengers is not true to any of the characters involved, and has some blatant contradcitions to past continuity, but that might be considered by some MPs as nit picking.
    The kill Sue Storm legions have subsided since she has been made more powerful and less whiney.

this is a blood-thirsty little thread isn't it? I'm on page 8 of it and for every Alphan mentioned there must be at least ten requests to off Tabitha Smith/Meltdown/Boomer/Boom-Boom...whatever she's calling ehrself now. lol
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Yeah, not sure what the deal is with Meltdown (Boom-Boom, she'll always be Boom-Boom to me!).

I would never wish any character dead as I know that they must be someone's favourite and I'd personally hate my fave characters to end up dead. (I remember how I felt when they originally killed off Raven in New Titans all those years ago).

And if I personally had to choose between Boomer and Jubilee, I'd rather see Jubilee get offed. One poster on that thread made a good point that Boomer is the older character..

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    And if I personally had to choose between Boomer and Jubilee, I'd rather see Jubilee get offed. One poster on that thread made a good point that Boomer is the older character..
    Yes, but Jubilee is nothing more than a Boomer/Melddown clone.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

And both are nothing more than teen versions of Dazzler. Seems to be a once popular, now dead archetype.

How could people wanna kill off Sue Storm? kill the other members, she's the best of the four.

Or Wasp, kill Hank Pym sure, might be interesting. Why hasn't Janet been allowed to move on from him? Is she asexual or something?

Kill off poor little Jubilee she is the exciting character whereas Boomer is just boring. I believe Jubilee was around first so she should stay. And her and Wolverine make the greatest team-up.
    Does anyone have a fly swater I can borrow for a Wasp. Hank is so sweet and loving when he was married all he cared about was her happyness until her unrelenting selfishness and her constantly pushing her wealth in his face drove him over the edge. Which he recovered nicely from no thanks to her. Rather than be a loving and supportive wife she dumped him as fast as she could. I don't follow the Avengers much anymore mainly because I just can't stand her. Where is that RAID?
    Richard Vasseur

Jubilee was created after boom-boom, boomer, meltdown. Boom-boom was created in Secret Wars 2 and Jubilee in the end of the UXM autralian era.

I'm sure there's room in the Marvel (or should that be X?) Universe for both characters?

I just sigh with relief everytime I think that poor Kara was meant to be killed at Neverland but was saved thanks to a colourblind colourist! (Btw, is she still meant to be at Neverland or not??)

I think all these "vote for who YOU want to be killed off" polls etc are just wrong - what's the point of killing off characters that people don't like, it's much more effective when they kill characters who are beloved by readers, there just seems no point in killing off characters who none of the readers care about.

So than it's better to kill off characters like Magic or Colossus?
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    So than it's better to kill off characters like Magic or Colossus?
    People die, so characters die, it's the way of the world. If an unliked character dies, no impact, no increase in interest or sales. Much loved character goes bye-bye, people bleat on about it, more interest, more of an impact.

As for Magik and Collosus, they're both Russian, it's a cold war thing
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    As for Magik and Collosus, they're both Russian, it's a cold war thing
    That would explain Darkstar's demise in the pages of New X-Men then!

If an unliked character dies, no impact, no increase in interest or sales. Much loved character goes bye-bye, people bleat on about it, more interest, more of an impact.
    And then they bring them back from the dead because YOU demanded it!