Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with Scott Lobdell! EXCLUSIVE to ALPHAFLIGHT.NET!

Quote Originally Posted by MAJOR MAPPLE LOB
    NORTHSTAR as arrogant and defensive? Woo hoo! Guy curently called NORTHSTAR? Wha -- ?!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    First off, thanks for doing this Scott (hope you don't mind me calling you Scott ? Right two questions.
    Yes you can call me Scott. (But -- doesn't this count as your first question??!? My head hurts!).
    Yep, I suppose it does, but as you asked me a question in regards to my first question, then your question would probably negate my first question, thus making my second question, or middle question my actual first question Maybe

Re 'The Blooding'
    I am at a loss. I don't know that I was the scheduled writer for that book. I do remember, even then, wanting to explore and expand the ALPHAverse, but I seem to recall that Simon was poised to write that particular book. By the time I had written that first special, I had long been fired from the book -- I remember my editor at the time had inherited the project from the editor that originally hired me. So to answer your question, I have no memory of THE BLOODING storyline. (And, to be honest, it doesn't sound like a title I would come up with. No offense to anyone.)
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up, reason I asked is that the first Alpha Special, was plotted by your good self and Scripted by you and Simon Furman, I thought that 'The Blooding', would have the same creative premise. Still we know what assuming does. One of the main reasons I ask is to try and find out more about Stitch, who was an excellent character, but never fully explored.

Thanks for your time.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: Q & A with Scott Lobdell! EXCLUSIVE to ALPHAFLIGHT.

Excuse me Scott, but i just have a request for you,... if you want too talk bout Quebec, don't call us french Canadian we are Quebecois. And we don't have a french acsent in english, we have specific acsent.

And for NorthStar if he was in the FLQ, he's for independant of Quebec, so it's very important to call him Quebecois and not french Canadian.

But,.. if he's rejected the FLQ method, i'm sure he's stay with the Quebec independant ideology.

Thank you,... \/
    burN@ (Syvalois, boyfriend)

A Quebec patriot !!!

P.S.: If you can see, i pratice my english here, so... if you answer me use a simple english,... please !!!

And if you want have more information about Quebec ask me !!! That will be a peasure.

And thank you ALPHA WAVE, too let me practice my english here.
    I'm a Quebecois, not a french Canadian,...please don't forget it. lol

HaKuNa-MaTaTa !!!

Default Welcome, Scott!

Hey Scott! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to talk to you. I have to admit, I was one of those fans that thought that you could have cared less about Alpha Flight. Between the Banshee comments in Gen X, the Northstar comments in Uncanny and the rumor that you were planning an Alpha massacre storyline in the Gambit series before it got cancelled, I thought that after your stint on Alpha Flight, you considered Alpha a joke not worth appearing in a comic but to get mocked. Imagine my surprise when I heard that you were bringing Alpha back and my even greater surprise to learn that you are a true Alpha fan at heart. I am glad to have been proven wrong about your attitude toward this comic team. You are doing a great job and I look forward to each issue.
    Regarding the Gambit storyline, do you recall what your plans were? I remember reading in a Previews magazine that Gambit was going to Canada to investigate who was killing off members of Alpha Flight. Were you really going to write such a story? Who were you going to kill off & why? Who was the killer? Or was this all just a mistake in Previews magazine? (This is all just one question with many little parts... )
    Thanks!

Hey SL, thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

1. In ANADAF #3 you changed Marrina's origin. I know that she was still found by a fisherman in your version, but why not stick with the original story?

2. Are you planning on bringing back old AF villains (like The Master hint hint), or are you planning on introducing some brand new bad guys?

I have a question...

Any chance of bringing Wyre back and then killing him off?

Major Mapleleaf is straight... God, I feel like I just lost the love of my life!

Oh, and to answer your question, Scott, about Siena...

She spent some time with the Upstarts, then got booted over to the Malibu Ultraverse where she was part of one of the most unrespected, underrated teams ever... the All-New Exiles. Then she returned after the 11-issue series concluded, and went into character limbo. She was recently killed in Weapon X #5, at the Neverland concentration camp. DAMN Frank Tieri for that!

Since the Plodex will be the antagonists in the current storyarc, I'm wondering if Scott will be bringing back The Master? or possibly Marrina?

By the way, keep up the great work Scott, it's great to see Alpha Flight on the stands again. Thank you.

Default Scott

Hi Scott its great to be able to talk to you. I get two questions hmmm.

How did you get into writing comics?

Who has influenced you the most in the comic book field?
    Richard Vasseur

Okay...before the questions, let's get the obligatory fanboy ravings outta the way...

Alpha Flight v3 is a dream come true...not just to have the title back but having you at the helm...your run in v1 was among my favorites and finding out you'd be writing the new series was an amazingly pleasant surprise! What with all the hoopla before it was on the shelves about all the changes straight off the bat there was a huge amount of nervousness and so far it seems like you've got a huge appreciation of the book's past and future. Thank you for doing this comic and for allowing us the chance to communicate with you here on this forum!

(1) Points in intro post well taken; nice to see the approaches you're taking with the intro to the new series...but after the dust has settled a bit and the book has found (and regained) its audience...will we indeed get several of the gaps filled in in regards to hanging plotthreads between the series? Please tell me there are plans afoot to eventually reveal who the director was in v2 and just what was his agenda? (And if i may put in a personal plug/request/cheer to see some of Gentry in v3!) (Okay, this may be cheating a little since it's a bit of a "sidebar" or "1a" question...but was there ever any contact/collaboration/meeting of the minds between yourself and Steve Seagle in regards to his unresolved plans...or would any resolution of his plotthreads be all of your devising?)

(2) Speaking of hanging plotthreads...what a thrill to see NEMESIS of all people among the new team! I kind of hate to ask a question about her here since i'm sure you have your plans on when to do the appropriate reveals on her...but within the realms of how much you're comfortable revealing here...is this the same "Nemesis" that from later in v1's run? (the one whose only clue to her true identity was that her name was "Jane") and if not...will we get to learn who exactly was that Nemesis and what her story was?

Eep! Wouldnt it figure...as soon as i posted those questions, i went to check out some of this website starting with *Latest news* and lo and behold there was your answer/thoughts on Nemesis right there!! Disregard above question #2.

Unfortunately, i'm blanking out on a good replacement question so i suppose you can consider my second question as:

Has there been any communication between you and AF's last writer, SS in regards to continuity or even just chatting about thoughts on characters, directions, a note of praise (or otherwise) per where you're taking the book etc?

Good to see you here Mjr Rob! and i have to say that i really appreciate you taking the time to interact with us fans. Im enjoying ANADAF!

I'm a big fan of Northstar and Aurora so my first question is are you going to be able to use them in ANADAF?

Do you or do you not think that its a travesty for an Inuit demigoddess to say "Oh my God" not once, but twice?!?

Howdy Scott, I'm loving the series so far, Nemesis being my favorite, with the new puck right behind her.

Question #1 How are sales doing, was there much of a drop from #1 to #2 and #2 to #3?

Question #2 Any chances of seeing some Weapon X characters or Cable and Deadpool guest starring?
    "Adjust is bland evil"

I've got a couple questions for you, Scott. Not necessarily about Alpha Flight, more about your work habit:

1) Do you tend to try to keep ahead of your deadlines - like say, writing two or three issues worth before the deadline? We always hear about writers barely making their deadlines, and I was curious how you deal with the hassle.

2) What do you do when you find yourself suffering from writer's block?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine