Thread: Just Read Alpha Flight...

Default Just Read Alpha Flight...

... well, okay, it's for the fifth time today, but what the hey.

As you can guess, i JUST got Alpha Flight v.3 #'s 1 & 2 today
    (special thanks to Del and Bubs Robinson - you guys are a brain-saver ), and after re-re-re-re-rereading issue 1, i can't help but notice some of Scott and Hank's casual little humour snuck into it.

Case one: page 9 (of the actual comic, not including ads) - just noticed what Walt had written has written on the note pad he's using

"- World that hates and fears you. (scratched out)
    - Full benefits package
    Medical, Dental, Reincarnation."

Walt would know more about this aspect of the perks. Nearly killed myself laughing on this one

Case two: Page 12 - the security guards who question Walt as he stalks... erm, scopes out Major Mapleleaf Jr. in panel 5: one of them actually has 'rent-a-cop' stitched into the patch on his sleeve. Classic!

Case three: Page 20 - okay, so it's not subtle, but the idea of Nemesis as a pole-dancer... c'mon, even this less-than-straight guy had ideas. Then MMJ doing his 'good citizen' bit, i thought for sure Zuzha would kill 'em.

Case four: Page 22 - c'mon, Walt actually KEPT the deer? In a Harrier?? never knew Walt to be an animal lover... okay, that just opens a whole NEW can of disturbing worms...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Hey, I liked Map'leaf taking his jacket off to cover up Zuzha... he wears a muscle shirt under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    Hey, I liked Map'leaf taking his jacket off to cover up Zuzha... he wears a muscle shirt under it.
    <-- That's all I'm saying, just

For me it's been a toss up between Nemesis and the bunnies or what Zuzha would get if she won the arm wrestling match. The image of Walter in a French maid's uniform had me screaming!

I need to get my hands on 1 and 3 yet...so I'm sure I'm in for more fun.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    For me it's been a toss up between Nemesis and the bunnies or what Zuzha would get if she won the arm wrestling match. The image of Walter in a French maid's uniform had me screaming!

I need to get my hands on 1 and 3 yet...so I'm sure I'm in for more fun.
    LOL, both good ones.

PS: welcome to our little e-asylum!!

I like that when Zucha went to kick the guys out of the bar with her baseball bat, that the bat had a Montral expos logo on it, I love little touches like that

Now if we could just have one of Alpha Flight team talk about how big of Maple Leaf fans they are we will be good to go
    "Adjust is bland evil"

LOL, both good ones.

PS: welcome to our little e-asylum!![/quote]

Oooooooo I like asylums! =)~~~

Ta a mil. Actually Thank Ben for the heads up about this little corner of insanity. He posted to a Northstar fan community on live journal.

and oops..I'm blonde. lol you lot do quote stuff differently then I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiend28
    Now if we could just have one of Alpha Flight team talk about how big of Maple Leaf fans they are we will be good to go
    actually...I have Heather written as a huge Leafs fan...whe she's mentioned in it. It's a Jean Paul/Bobby (iceman) slash fic.

Wow... I just got my AF 1&2 in the mail....all I can say is that 3 was not a fluke...I am VERY impressed...

Love the stairway scene at the end of ish 2..... beautifully done

At the the VERY end of Ish 1.... where Sas has the little board game... can anyone identify the 2 characters off on the side??

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    Wow... I just got my AF 1&2 in the mail....all I can say is that 3 was not a fluke...I am VERY impressed...

Love the stairway scene at the end of ish 2..... beautifully done

At the the VERY end of Ish 1.... where Sas has the little board game... can anyone identify the 2 characters off on the side??
    we came to the conclusion that it might be Marrina and Snowbird, with slightly off colouring, as it's off on some of the other characters.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

we came to the conclusion that it might be Marrina and Snowbird, with slightly off colouring, as it's off on some of the other characters.

Ben
    I think it was Scott having a little fun with us, the same way that seeing the other Beta & Gamma members in #1 got everyone wondering who they were...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Ben
    I think it was Scott having a little fun with us, the same way that seeing the other Beta & Gamma members in #1 got everyone wondering who they were...
    Actually, i think the one in dark is Earthmover, and the one in the towel MIGHT be Birdie, but I dunno