Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Bit - Alpha Flight #3 Review

MMJ, I just saw your second signature... that's DISTURBING!!!
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

::Giggles like a schoolgirl.:: Isn't it wonderful?!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    ::Giggles like a schoolgirl.:: Isn't it wonderful?!
    'Wonderful' isn't EXACTLY the term I'd use... 'Shameless' would be the best one (without setting off the censoring device)... oi...

(not that I have a problem with homosexuality (assuming your male), as that would make me the world's biggest hypocrit, or even a healthy facination with a fictional character (god knows I've been there more times than not), but that's a bit.... much in my eyes. Sorry.)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Though I hate to admit it, I have had the passing suspission about Walt being manipulated by the Plodex. Let one go to bring in more. I mean he's not training the newbies, so a bunch of rookies are gonna do what the seasoned vets couldn't....hmmmmmm. Or maybe he's just done his reasearch that well that he's confidant that thier combined abilities are what is needed to save the day....

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    MMJ, I just saw your second signature... that's DISTURBING!!!
    I dunno dude. As a slash writer I find it rather tasty...lol

I'm so tempted to scream 'Nice Arse!' right now.

I'll go back in my hole now. ^^
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Maybe Major Mapleleaf should be renamed Major Studmuffin! That pic is totally and deliciously cheesecake in all it's glory. (Hey if it's good enough for Emma Frost covers it's good enough for AF!)

BTW, who IS in that pic? Is it actually him??? Looks like a pic from one of Marvel's Swimsuit specials.

Thank you for the kind words on the new banner, folks. I really hope I don't offend anyone (especially Scott!!!) with it, but I thought it was humorous and kinda cute as opposed to offensive... Ben, if you have any objections to it, I'll take it down. I don't wanna piss anyone off.

As far as where the picture comes from, I dunno. Magik (from this board and the New Mutants board) makes my banners for me, and he found the picture for me. I suppose I should ask him!

If anyone is offended by the banner, they can let me know through PM, and if that's the case we'll deal with it, but as of yet, no problem.

I'm all for the idea of justifying cheesecake with beefcake. My only complaint about it would be the contrast isn't great, but other than that, go right ahead.

New Recruit

Ugh, I can't believe you actually used that. :laughs:

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    BTW, who IS in that pic? Is it actually him??? Looks like a pic from one of Marvel's Swimsuit specials.
    Honestly? It's Captain America! :laughs: And it is from one of the Swimsuit specials, just re-colored a bit. (albeit badly re-colored.. though it's not as bad as it *could* be considering I threw that sucker together in less than twenty minutes. ) -- I didn't think he'd actually have the nerve to use it! Oy.

Now I'm going to have to redo it.

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

I dunno, I just picked up #3 yesterday and if Walt knows the crap AF has to put up with but is willing to just let this new crop go for broke, I'm leaning on the whole 'possed' theory myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    I dunno, I just picked up #3 yesterday and if Walt knows the crap AF has to put up with but is willing to just let this new crop go for broke, I'm leaning on the whole 'possed' theory myself.
    Especially when he insists they need no training....
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    Especially when he insists they need no training....
    Exactly. I mean seriously? MM is the only one really trained in anything..well except Nemesis who just hates everything and has no qualms about hacking it to bits. What is tall, blonde, bespecled, and handsome thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    What is tall, blonde, bespecled, and handsome thinking?
    .....brains...... must get brains......
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    .....brains...... must get brains......
    Well yeah Walt has those too, but I'm with Zuzha and the whole 'french maid's uniform' thing. chick thing I suppose.

(promoted, promoted! I just got promoted! =p)