Thread: A Tidbit at ATR

Default A Tidbit at ATR

Purloined from 'All The Rage' http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

====================================
    Gen-Nixed

In follow-up to last week's rumor regarding a relaunch, we caught up with Scott Lobdell to check out if a reteaming with Chris Bachalo was still on the cards. He told ATR, "Dude, I would team up with Chris Bachalo on filling out a crossword puzzle! Is there any writer alive who wouldn't?! But the truth is we're both incredibly busy guys! Between ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT ALPHA FLIGHT and the spin-off books I am pushing -- not to mention my chaotic feature film and tv pilot writing career (look at this space for future announcements!), I couldn't possibly commit myself to a GENERATION X relaunch, no matter how appealing it is!"

Once you get Scott started, he doesn't stop... The scribe continued, "And anyone who has seen Chris's latest work on CAPTAIN AMERICA (and who hasn't?!) knows not only is he pencilling and inking the book, he's coloring it as well! Heck, give the man a stapler and he'll be a one man comic factory!"

Lobdell wrapped up by saying, "In all seriousness, from the very first issue of GENERATION X it was clear to me that I was fortunate to work with a master storyteller -- and I only became a better writer for the experience of working together! But Chris Bachalo needs me putting words over his art like the Mona Lisa needs a beard, mustache and eye patch! Whatever his post-CAPTAIN AMERICA project is, you can bet I'll be the first in line to buy it!"

This Has A "Backing Bachalo" Factor Of Nine Out Of Ten

====================================
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well now, that could be good news, kinda hidden between the lines eh? Hpefully Scott will give us the first official scoop on an AF spin off It looks like I may have chosen the right topic for this month's Alpha Poll

Ben

What I'm most wrapped about, isn't the thought of spin-offs although any would be good news, it's Scott Lobdells obvious enthusiasm for the team and all things Alpha.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yes, from the getgo, Scott's enthusiasm has impressed me. He takes any chance he can to poke in a word on AF.