Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Banner

Ben:

Ever think of creating like a "Banner of the week"?? One week it'll feature a different group from the many different incarnations of Alpha Flight. Such as:

A banner showing three or four characters of the original John Byrne run
    " " showing the "women of Alpha"
    " " showing the villians of Alpha, etc., etc,

well, you get the idea. Just a thought. Great site by the way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Omega
    Ben:

Ever think of creating like a "Banner of the week"?? One week it'll feature a different group from the many different incarnations of Alpha Flight. Such as:

A banner showing three or four characters of the original John Byrne run
    " " showing the "women of Alpha"
    " " showing the villians of Alpha, etc., etc,

well, you get the idea. Just a thought. Great site by the way!!
    Or, to be more fair to ben, how about a Banner of the month (Ben's told me that creating new banners is a pain in the keister, and not to meantion, unlike me and many of the others on here, his life doesn't revolve around this list. Hard to pay rent by fanforum moderation)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

A good thought, I could handle a banner of the month, one per week would be too much.

Too bad I can't pay the rent through AF.net and the forum, that would be sweet! Oh well, soon enough I'll be paying the rent doing something else I love

Ben

Sorry Ben. I should be more understanding of the tribulations of a web site moderator!! It was just an idea. In hindsight, a banner of the week may be a little much. Take care.

yeah but am I the only one who gets the giggles at the word 'members' on the banner?
    Hell was full, so I came back.

*sigh* only you Jo

Anyway, new banner is up! Try not to go too wild over it!

Ben

*sigh* only you Jo
    <=) Yeah, yer point? I like the new one too.

Woooo Ben! New banner. Very nice. Sorta scary really. Causes short fragmented sentences apparently.
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFox
    Woooo Ben! New banner. Very nice. Sorta scary really. Causes short fragmented sentences apparently.
    LOL I was thinking I shouldn't have pointed out the members bit with the other one. ^^

Love the new Goblyn/Marrina/Wild Child/Bigfoot banner. Crosses most of the different eras of the title.
    Great job!

Ok, so for some reason that last benner got boring for me fast, so enjoy the new one. It' wasn't too involved to make

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Ok, so for some reason that last benner got boring for me fast, so enjoy the new one. It' wasn't too involved to make
    Oh I like this one a lot! Bang! Yer classic Alpha Flight, tis perfect!

I agreee... this one is great! Its funny though... I've been studying Guardian in detail lately, looking at lots of pics and has anyone noticed that originally (like in AF vol 1 no. 1 and around there, original Byrne stuff basically) that the right hand side of his costume was a lot less thick than the left, you could barely see it from a frontal view and then as others took over, it shifted to being like the above. Personally I like it this way better...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

Ben, this new banner with the Original AF is FANTASTIC!

Agreed, new banner is the t*ts. Just a shame there's not a pic of the original team with NS, Aurora and Marrina also... oh well, maybe in time...