Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Apocalyptica RPG

Default Marvel Apocalyptica RPG

Just started a new RPG over at Yahoo involving the Marvel Universe with a friend. If you're interested go over and take a look - there are still HUNDREDS of characters (including practically ALL of AF) up for grabs. Please read the Rules and the Prologue and check out the Database to find out about the game and which characters are free.

Oh, and the game is for 18 and overs only I'm afraid as we don't want to be accused of corrupting minors in case the game slides into loads of sex and violence! So your Yahoo profile must state you age.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarvelApocalyptikaRPG

I'll take a look, but I'll likely steer clear unless the concept grabs my brain and won't let go. I *hate* Gag-You Groups for RPGs. I should also note that it's annoying to have to join a moderated group just to see if you're interested in the premise to begin with.

Suzene

Here's the 'Prologue' to the game just to give you an idea of what the concept is:

The very worst has happened. Mysterious aliens known as the Lost have arrived on Earth to enslave all human life there, they are powerful and ruthless and allege that they are simply reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. What they haven’t banked upon however are the heroes of Earth – mutants, the super-powered and the general heroic all come together to fight the evil invaders. After several major battles, the Earth authorities realise that their power is still not enough and so they grant amnesty to all the Earth’s super-powered villains if they join in the fight against the Lost too.

But the Lost are mighty and soon start to fight dirty, by using their advanced genetic technology they are able to resurrect and in some cases clone many of Earth’s deceased heroes and villains from the past. Faced with battling not only the aliens but also some of their old comrades now under the control of the Lost, the Earth’s heroes still continue to battle valiantly and hard against the deadly threat. After months of seemingly endless war without end and realising that there is no hope of winning the Earth intact, the Lost decide to unleash their most deadly and ultimate weapon - the Apocalyptika bomb, which will destroy ALL life on Earth!

The final battle begins, under the leadership of Professor X, the Earth’s heroes (and villains) discover the deadly Apocalyptika bomb. Learning that the Lost’s technology is based on organic rather than artificial material, Professor X is able to telepathically link himself to the bomb and although he’s unable to defuse it he is able to contain the explosion so that it implodes in on itself – however in doing so it destroys Xavier’s mind, killing him instantly. Elsewhere, seeing their plan has been thwarted, the Lost commit ritualistic suicide during mid-battle with Earth’s heroes, their ships exploding, dispersing Earth’s heroes to the four winds.

The battle is won – but at what cost?

The Earth is in utter chaos. Its heroes scattered across the globe, some dead, other’s injured, the resurrected and cloned now free from the Lost’s control and yet others still strangely effected by their contact with the Lost. With Xavier gone can his fellow mutants somehow hold his dream and create a world from the ashes where human and mutant can live peacefully together? And what of the villains, how long will it be before they realise that Earth’s governmental authorities are so weakened after the war with the Lost that they would be virtually powerless to stop anyone from trying to wrestle power…

When aftermath is just the beginning YOU and your imagination hold the key to the future in Marvel Apocalyptika RPG!

Thanks for the post. I see the character I wanted's been snagged already though, so I don't think I'll be signing up.

Suzene

WEll...I joined the 'Game nobody wants to play'. it's not so bad. Now if I can get people interested in my Alpha Flight game...Maybe if I change my signature (or make one as the case may be)...

Oh well. From what I've read, it's an awesome premise. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

Cheers,
    Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    WEll...I joined the 'Game nobody wants to play'. it's not so bad. Now if I can get people interested in my Alpha Flight game...Maybe if I change my signature (or make one as the case may be)...

Oh well. From what I've read, it's an awesome premise. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

Cheers,
    Mystic
    I knew that someone would take pity on me with my 'Game nobody wants to play' signature - I almost put "the game that everyone's talking about" but knew that was kind of a lie! (Plus for those UK members, it sounds like those Eastenders adverts which I hate! Although everyone really IS talking about Eastenders at the moment mainly because one of ths stars was caught w*nking off on a webcam and slagging off his co-stars!!!).

Thanks for joining Mystic, you've made an old beetle very happy.

Not a problem. Only a few posts in and it already seems interesting. Still figuring out how we're going to get together (or if we're supposed to or not).

Also, I love the post you just did. It's like you've already predicted the Dazzler fanfic I'm writing for The Might World of Marvel.

Later,
    Mystic

LOL That was quick I only just posted it!

Dazzler always struck me as a very 80s kind of pop princess/diva - she always reminded me of Jem in fact (Jem was the star of her own cartoon series during the 80s - she was also a doll line, the cartoon was aimed to sell the dolls. She was bascially a pop star with a band called the Holograms, however she was also Jerrica Benton and used holographic earrings connected to her futuristic computer Synergy to become Jem!), I think it was the eye make-up. Anyway, the gay community tend to embrace these rather kitsch pop divas which is why I though Northstar would know her from his nights in the clubs. Interestingly there is a rumour that Kylie Minogue could be doing a cameo of Alison in the next X-Men movie.

Btw, be sure to put any links into the link section of the Group (I know we only have a few members so far, but soon we shall be many... well, maybe...) to your Alpha Flight game and your Fan Fic and anything else of interest, I've already put a link to our favourite Alpha Flight site!!!!

I know who Jem and the Holograms are!! :P

Yeah, it kinda reminded me of that too. It's why I figured that San Francisco would be the perfect place for the story. The fic hasn't started yet, but the first issue should be out next week. I'll put a link up for that -and- the Alpha Flight game. Couldn't hurt. I'll also put a link up on the AF list for your SIM and maybe we can get others to look.

Cooperation is sooo much fun!

Cheers,
    Mystic

Yeah, but everyone knows that the Misfits were the greatest - their songs were better!

Oh and thanks for putting the link at the AF list soon we four shall be Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Btw, be sure to put any links into the link section of the Group (I know we only have a few members so far, but soon we shall be many... well, maybe...) to your Alpha Flight game and your Fan Fic and anything else of interest, I've already put a link to our favourite Alpha Flight site!!!!
    Thanks for the linkie Hit me up with a catchy little description of the project, and I'll toss a link up from my links page.

Ben

Now, how did you guess that this was our favourite Alpha Flight site???

Thanks, will try and think of a better description than "the game nobody wants to play" and send it to you.

Yah, I could see how this wouldn't be your favorte AF site, it is pretty crummy.

I shall eagerly await the description, then I shall procrastonate in putting it up....well at least I'm honest!

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Now, how did you guess that this was our favourite Alpha Flight site???

Thanks, will try and think of a better description than "the game nobody wants to play" and send it to you.

Oooh....Oooh...can I give you a link too??

-Mystic

EDIT: Oops...didn't check out the links page first. I see it's already there. Thanks.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

sure, but I already have the Alpha Flight RPG on my links page But if you wanna write a description other than what I have there, go for it