Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Death of Radius

It was Uncanny #405, I thought it was #406 and bought that. Imagine how sad I was to find I couldn't glory in the demise of Radius. Fortunately I found #405 in Bristol this year. To be truthful his demise is portrayed quite well, he comes across as more three dimensional than the two dimensional cliche we found in vol 2. So Joe Casey can write, although Radius's demise is the only part of the comic I remember.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Thanks I'll try and pick it up on E-Bay.
    So Says Scarlettspiderg! And yes that is my letter (GP) in ANAD AF 12.

Wow, who'd have thunk I'd stir up such a conversation. I agree Radius was always a bit 2D and extremely brash, but he wasn't afraid to make a decision. I hate to see any character killed or kulled without a good reason (i.e. Mac's first death). I just figure it's kind of a cop out. I don't know how to use this character and develop them, so I'll just kill them off. If you don't want to use them, then leave them in limbo. Perhaps one day someone will come along and write a story that makes you care about Wormfood Boy. Even with Radius' faults he is one of the more memorable characters from V2. That says something about his potential as a character. He's certainly better than Murmur of Manbot. I'd love to see him retooled and made to matter. Bring him in like Weapon Omega and build his character before you drop the bomb that he is Wormfood Boy. My guess is there weren't a lot of Wildchild fans before he was reformed. It would be very easy to explain away his death. Mole Man saves him, he utilizes his force field to plow the dirt ahead of him away and enters a subterranean complex, the worms push his carcas to the surface where Talisman asks the spirits to return life to his body thus freeing Pestilence.

All I remember about that whole story line is the Radius Stacy X encounter. It was memorable, though maybe not for the right reasons. Depending on your taste of course.

Quote Originally Posted by seroquel
    All I remember about that whole story line is the Radius Stacy X encounter. It was memorable, though maybe not for the right reasons. Depending on your taste of course.
    Hmm, Radius looking up the services of the X-Men's resident prostitue for help to make him 'feel'. yeah.

Oh, and haven't seen you in a while Sero (or I've been blind - which isn't totally impossible).
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine