Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Alpha Villian Would You Like To See Return??

Default Which Alpha Villian Would You Like To See Return??

Simple enough question...

I would like to see Deadly Earnest return... he had great potential, plus, other than Puck speculating, there is NO proof he's dead... he was just chopped up then pummeled into peanut butter by the Montréal C-train... plus, it would give Nemesis a reason to be exists again...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Bring on the Master! He's my fav AF vilain, and I think should be properly elevated to the Doom level.

I wouldn't mind seeing an other Dream Queen storyline, but written well. Mantlo made good characters, he just did stupid things with existing characters.

Ditto for Bedlam, though it would be tough to write his return.....

I'm with Ben on The Master.

His use in Heroes For Hire and Avengers was nice in making him a Marvel Universe-centric villain, but he still needs more.

Other than that, The Secret Empire if they count.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I'm with Ben on The Master.

His use in Heroes For Hire and Avengers was nice in making him a Marvel Universe-centric villain, but he still needs more.

Other than that, The Secret Empire if they count.
    In my mind, the Secret Empire does count, but that's just me...

okay, who can tell me anything about TSE, asside from Wyre and Wild Child's involvement??
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Would love to see the DreamQueen return she's my favourite green haired b*tch!!!

Also I always had a soft spot for Gilded Lily and thought she was an interesting character, not sure how they would bring her back now but ANYTHING is possible.

I liked the Zodiac from vol 2 and would have loved to know what they were all about. I also like the DreamQueen except her last apparences,

I'd like to see the Dreamqueen return, the best thing Mantlo ever did with AF. The Master is a good villian, but very generic. For a team like Alpha to have an almost unique adversary compared to other teams, could only be healthy for the team.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'd have to say that I want to see the Great Beasts again. They were very cool.

I love Gilded Lily, too, but I can't think of a way of bringing her back without having it sound dumb. She's been killed twice already...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    I'd have to say that I want to see the Great Beasts again. They were very cool.
    I like the Great Beasts, but whoever bought them back in X-Man knew sod all about continuity. I thought they had been totally wiped out in AF, but then again death and Af never really mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    I love Gilded Lily, too, but I can't think of a way of bringing her back without having it sound dumb. She's been killed twice already...
    Bringing her back would require someone with the imagination of Mantlo and the writing skills of Austen or Larsen
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Re: Gilded Lily

Maybe when Bryne see's the error of his ways and comes back to Alpha Flight he will reboot her along with EVERYTHING else!

I'm with Sylvie on this one... I wanna see the Dreamqueen come back as well as the Zodiac.

I'm going to have to say The Master. He's been an Alpha Foe since the beginning. Lobdell would have to find a great way to reintroduce him since Warbird offed him in the Avengers title. But hey, how many times has Magneto died and come back?

The Zodiac would be interesting. Ever since Vol. 2 ended I've always wondered what the Zodiac was going to use the Nth Projector for, What the heck was the Nth Projector suppose to do anyway?

Other than that, I wouldn't mind to see Alpha kick Diablo's tail at least one more time, but that's just me.

It doesn't matter what they were gonna use the Nth Projector for now, LOL, since it was stolen from them!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    In my mind, the Secret Empire does count, but that's just me...

okay, who can tell me anything about TSE, asside from Wyre and Wild Child's involvement??
    I know very little apart from the involvement of Prof Power, which was thwarted by the New Defenders, many moons ago
    http://marvelbook.topcities.com/nop/propower.htm . I would say they are very similar to Hydra and A.I.M. A silly organisation, devoted to world domination and Banjo playing.
    Del

Who stole the Nth Projector? Was it the Weapon X project?