Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Sasquatch Fella...?

Default This Sasquatch Fella...?

Thought it was about time this old chestnut was dragged out again. Just what are the upper limits of Sasquatch's strength. The OHTTMU had Sas down as being able to lift/press 75 ton ish. Yet as we know we've seen various levels which have got to be more than that level. So is there a logical explanation why his strength level is so varied.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I think that at the time, Marvel really didn't want Alpha Flight to be as powerful as they shaped up to be. God know there was enough Alpha bashing going on at the time. I mean, if you go by what Marvel says, Box was stonger than Sasquatch. Sasquatch belongs in the top class for sure.

Ben

I'm with you Ben, we have Sas holding a DC-10 at full thrust and throwing it against thrust (UXM #120-121). We have him supporting a crumbling block of flats while Northstar evacuates it. He is constantly recorded as 70+ tons etc, but those two examples should put him in the upper limits, with Hulk, Thor etc.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

yah, the DC-10 alone put him in that class comfortably.

Those feats of super strength were done while in control, makes a person wonder what he was capable off in issues like #23, when Tanaraq was totally in control.
    Del

I agree. Having an Ancient Great Beast possess your body would boost anyone's power level.

Lets see, he's like Hulk, but in control, so that would be Abomination level strength, which is like 80+ tonnes, and he's possessed by Tanraq, if that doesn't make him one of the strongest, I don't know what would.

I'd put him third in Marvel behind Hulk (No real upper limit.) & Thor. (He's a god, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.)

I have always thought of Sasquatch's strengh being equal to the Hulk's when the Hulk is not mad. If Sasquatch's strengh increases as he gets mad and as a beastial animal it should maybe he could match the Hulk in strengh. But could he get as mad as the Hulk with Walter's mind in control probably not.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I have always thought of Sasquatch's strengh being equal to the Hulk's when the Hulk is not mad. If Sasquatch's strengh increases as he gets mad and as a beastial animal it should maybe he could match the Hulk in strengh. But could he get as mad as the Hulk with Walter's mind in control probably not.
    When Snowbird takes on bestial form there are times that she sometimes looses control and her human side is subdued. Given that Walt is running around in her own body, if he lost control then maybe his strength levels would increase exponentially. Also as the form he takes is really a pseudo Squatch then even if he lost it completely, there's no way Tanaraq could take control. I think
    Del

If Saquatch is in Snowbird's body shouldn't he be able to change it other animals as well and shouldn't he be white? I know he was white at one time. Did the body he now has somehow only become able to change into Sasquatch's or is it that is just the only one Walter wants it to become?
    Richard Vasseur

Snowbird's spirit decended and restored Wanda to Walter. Though it was still the same body, it's shape was changed back to that of a man, and in turn losti it's albino characteristcs. I always assumed the only reason that Wanda could assume the sasquatch form was due to such a fimmiliarity with the form, plus the body was in the Sasquatch form when Walter's spirit entered it. To me that would remain true. Snowbirds body was built to transmute, but it was snowbirds godling spirit that ennabled her to take all the forms she did.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I'd put him third in Marvel behind Hulk (No real upper limit.) & Thor. (He's a god, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.)
    The larger Marvel fanbase would not accept him higher than fourth, with the Thing as third, as evidenced by AF letters in reaction to the super-skrull fight.
    The old 2-in-1 issue of strong-men characters boxing an alien is a light read that features Sasquatch. It being 2-in-1, of course the Thing won the fight.

Hulk. Thor, Thing, Sasquatch is that the strongest from # 1 to 4? Where would Strong Guy, Juggernaunt, Gilgamesh, Hercules fit in?
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Hulk. Thor, Thing, Sasquatch is that the strongest from # 1 to 4? Where would Strong Guy, Juggernaunt, Gilgamesh, Hercules fit in?
    I think youv'e got to be looking at Gladiator, Hyperion, Hulk, Thor, Gilgamesh, Juggs, Absorbing Man, all of whom have Unlimited or Class 100+ . The Thing was measured at Class 15+ when he first became Rocky, but was attributed with Class 85+ at his peak. Sas should be attributed with Class 90 at least, and the DC-10 thing put down to am aborration.
    Del

Gladiator he looks a lot like SUperman and in his powers to. I remember him fighting Thor and he was stronger than Thor. But I remember the limited series with Gladiator in it and he seems a lot less powerful in that. At his most powerful I think he might have been the most powerful of those mentioned.
    Also we forgot the Silver Surfer if he absorbs enough cosmic energy would surpass them all. And Drax would be in there as well as long as he has the infinity gem.
    Richard Vasseur