Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Alpha Quiz

Default The Alpha Quiz

Just a little something to wile aaway the hours, basically a person asks an AF related question, when it has ben answered to the question posers satisfaction (or anyone else for that matter) then the writer of the correct answer then poses his/her own question.

To get things started
    How many comic covers have featured Northstar alone and what comics where they?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Default Re: The Alpha Quiz

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    To get things started
    How many comic covers have featured Northstar alone and what comics where they?
    7 that I can think of: AF#106, all four covers of the NS ltd, and UXM 390-ish (the first iss of the 'Eve of Destruction', and Star's first appearance as an X-Man), and UXM 423(??; part of the 'Draco' run)

EDIT: Make that 8... forgot about UXM 414 (his second recruitment into the X-Men
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

I'd go with that ( tell you the truth I'd forgotten about 106 ) So unless anyone wants to challenge, I guess it's your turn Allan
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Let's just see if anyone has any others to add first...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Let's just see if anyone has any others to add first...
    No challenge as of yet, so what ya got to flummox us Allan ?
    Del

Appearently, there WERE only 8...

next quiz:

Name, in MU chronological order, all members of Alpha Flight (this includes all member of First Flight) who have died or who have thought to have died in the first 130 issues* of the first series (not including annuals).

(*obviously, there ARE only 130 issues to the first series)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    next quiz:

Name, in MU chronological order, all members of Alpha Flight (this includes all member of First Flight) who have died or who have thought to have died in the first 130 issues* of the first series (not including annuals).

(*obviously, there ARE only 130 issues to the first series)
    Ok here's my shot,

Guardian
    Bochs
    Langkowski (sorta)
    Snowbird
    Smart Alec
    Guardian
    Nemesis
    Guardian
    Windshear (oops that was just me dreaming)
    Guardian

How close was I?

Close, but I think you missed couple... and you have Guardian down 4 times. He only died twice in the first series.

And he missed the First Flight member(s) who died as well. And would Department H personnel count at all?

Hence why I said he missed a couple. And no, Dept. H personelle DO NOT count; only members who have been a part of the Alpha team. Beta, Gamma and all the other Greek letter Flights also do not count (or we'd be here forever)

Okay, gonna give this a whirl.

Firstly St Elmo in Alpha Special
    Mac in Alpha #12
    Puck #16 (believed dead by Sub Mariner, but actually in a yoga induced trance)
    Sasquatch Alpha #23
    Northstar, Aurora and Snowbird Alpha #24 (killed in the realm of the beasts, revived by Walters soul.
    Walt as Box 3 Alpha #29 ish (Lost to the void when refusing to take Bruce Banners Hulk form)
    Northstar, Aurora and Box Alpha #32 (Killed by Deadly Ernest, revived by Nemesis)
    Snowbird Alpha #43
    Smart Alec Alpha #44 (?)
    Roger Bochs Alpha #49
    Puck Alpha #50 (Believed dead by team after going bungee jumping in Ungava Bay)
    Bedlam #51 (tenuous, but was recruited by Mac and turned)
    Mac again in Alpha #100
    Shaman, Nemesis, Box 4, Diamond Lil, Wyre Alpha #125-126 (to enter the realm of Carcass)

I'm bound to have forgotten some.
    Del

Don't forget about when Deadly Ernest killed Northstar, Jeffries, Bochs, and Aurora, but Nemesis was able to put their spirits back from her blade since it was used to kill Ernest.

Ben

works for me... I guess it's back to Del... also, i'm instituting a new rule, just out of fairdom: you are only alowed to go two consecutive rounds. You are allowed to ANSWER more than once, but you have to pass on your turn to someone else.

Okay, I like the rule thingy and will abide for future rounds, but in the meanwhile :
    How many Alphans, or affiliates (those with a strong tie to Alpha (honoury members etc) have killed ?
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Okay, I like the rule thingy and will abide for future rounds, but in the meanwhile :
    How many Alphans, or affiliates (those with a strong tie to Alpha (honoury members etc) have killed ?
    let's see how close I get (hope someone's keeping track)

Let's start with the obvious ones: Wolverine (who was the first AF recruit) has killed more times than any one can count, not to meantion Puck was a mercenary, so it's safe to assume he killed, Mac killed himself in AF100 (does that count?), but no one else to my knowledge, heather killed Snowbird, snowbird killed Walter, walter (well, Tanaraq) TRIED to kill ppl, but can't remember if he was successful, and Walt (as Box) accidentally stepped on Smart Alec's body, killing him, not to meantion what he did to Guilded Lily (kinda hard to survive that, tho she did in spirit at any rate), Madison inadvertently killed Flashback,and later killed Courtney (s/he was sentient, so i consider that a death, despite the fact s/he was a sentient toaster oven) and obliterated Tundra, Shaman killed himself, Diamond Lil, Nemesis, Box and Wyre to take on Carcass, Wild Child (in his various names) was a homocidal psychopath, so it's safe he killed at LEAST one person. Marrina almost killed Puck, and may or may not have killed as Leviathon (don't have that iss, so don't know), Wyre killed all the ferals he trained save WC, St. Elmo killed himself so save everyone, everyone who was on the team in iss #1 KINDA killed Tundra i guess (depends on your POV), Talisman or Snowbird was involved directly in the physical death of Jebediah Stang (?, Ranaq's host), Kara didn't kill the Auctioneer, tho not for lack of trying, I think i remember Proto eating someone/thing that could be considered sentient... I'm sure I must have missed at LEAST one...