Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alphans of the Past

Why would Persausion be on people's deathlist??? That's terrible. Poor Kara. Still, glad she ISN'T dead! As for Maggott... I remember reading about him at the time and thinking that it was some kind of joke - a guy with two anti-matter maggots that he could control. I genuinely thought that Marvel had completely lost the plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    So basically, I can blame Siena's death on the Comix-Fan idiot fanboys?
    Yes. A lot of the fanboys. If I remember right, she and Maggot were two of the most popular picks.
    Many Alpha-related characters were suggested, including Weapon PRIME for being Alpha knock-offs.

Were'nt all of Beta Flight (or some of them at least) stuck in suspended animation in big tubes in one of the sub-basements of Department H in vol 2? Coz i remember being very upset about it...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo
    Were'nt all of Beta Flight (or some of them at least) stuck in suspended animation in big tubes in one of the sub-basements of Department H in vol 2? Coz i remember being very upset about it...
    I thought it was just Aurora and Woodgod that were held captive below Dept H. I could check volume two, but i don't really wanna have to read bits of it again
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    So basically, I can blame Siena's death on the Comix-Fan idiot fanboys?
    Yes. A lot of the fanboys. If I remember right, she and Maggot were two of the most popular picks.
    Many Alpha-related characters were suggested, including Weapon PRIME for being Alpha knock-offs.
    That was me that voted for Weapon Prime. I still think that they need to buy the farm!
    In Tieri's defense, he has stated that the thread was for the fun of it. He didn't specifically pick those characters because so may people wanted them dead. It might have brought their existences to his attention, however!

Yeti could be kind of cool of used right--specifically, differentiated from Sasquatch. Double Trouble(?) were useless cliche, Tigerstrike unremarkable, even if they did give him a civilian name. Killspree was just another beserker, last thing the Marvel U. needs. If I'm forgetting anybody, that just shows that they're REALLY forgettable!

I did find the link tot he Comic X site and started a new thread with it, "The Hit List"

I never understood the point of bringing a character out of limbo just to kill them, that seems so useless. The only time i can justify it is if you were the writer that created the character and you had nothing else to say about the cahracter so instead of someone ruining him, you would rather just off him yourself.

Please don't laugh, but I was a Maggot fan, I thought he looked cool and had unique powers, and dont think he deserved death
    "Adjust is bland evil"

So whatever happened to Woodgod? I remember him from when he was fighting the Hulk. And I saw him in Department H's basement labs. But where is he now? I always thought he made a great character.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    So whatever happened to Woodgod? I remember him from when he was fighting the Hulk. And I saw he in Department H's basement labs. But where is he now? I always thought he made a great character.

Like so many other plots from volume 2....who know? One of those things we'll probably never get an aswer to.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by MODERATOR
    Part of this topic has been split to: http://forum.alphaflight.net/viewtopic.php?t=259

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    So whatever happened to Woodgod?
    He was Moderated by a power mad fool and is now a lapdancer in Alaska
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!