Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ultimate Northstar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    Ah, no, I read the spoiler as soon as I saw it - my dilemma is if I should start collecting Ultimate X-Men now or not

If only all my life dilemma were like this one
    Ahh, I was wrong

Thats why I'm not swift.... or a fox...
    I'm pretty sure you're still cRaZy (like a fox) though

Btw, have you ever picked up the Ultimate X-Men UK edition which comes out every month? It's in large (magazine) format. I noticed it in WHSmiths the other day and had a flick through, I was wondering how far behind we are to the US? I'm imagining it reprints a couple of issues at a time similarly to Essential X-Men etc

I've never picked them up 'cos I've got the originals but the A4 size is nice, and the quality's good too.

I like seeing oversized stuff and widescreen stuff, it shows off the work better.

I pick up the British Marvel stuff very infrequently, I check through mainly for dificult to get Alpha slot reprints. Thats the only way I was gonna read UXM #120-121, I agree with Phil about the size and quality, plus they only cost a bit more than their American counterpart, and normally three issues
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I picked up this Ultimate X-Men and was happy. =)~~~ Of course the bloke at the counter was laughing at me cause he knows WHY I was picking it up and why I was happy about it. I wonder if they're gonna keep JP in this series? *ponders*
    Hell was full, so I came back.

It's just occured to me that for all the times that Mark Millar was asked to stick AF in Ultimate X-Men, we've had to wait till after he's off the book to get a sniff of them
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

typical. I guess it's all a matter of who's in charge and who likes what...the sods. bugger what the fans want, let's just go with what we want and to hell with the bunch buying our stuff.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Did JP end up appearing in any issues other than #46 & #47?

Ben

It's just occured to me that for all the times that Mark Millar was asked to stick AF in Ultimate X-Men, we've had to wait till after he's off the book to get a sniff of them
    I believe during Millar's run we saw a bit of Department H; which he turned into a sub-division of S.H.I.E.L.D. to my disappointment.

Have we seen anything of Ultimate Alpha Flight (that has a nice ring to it actually!) in the Ulimate Universe? Sadly I'm guessing if the sales of AF aren't great at the moment Marvel won't be considering an ongoing Ulimate Alpha Flight series.

So Northstar was only in a few issues of Ulimate X-Men? Did he just disappear or was he written off the canvas - hope he wasn't killed off

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    So Northstar was only in a few issues of Ulimate X-Men? Did he just disappear or was he written off the canvas - hope he wasn't killed off
    He's prolly still recouping in the hospital. I think he'll show up again... just a hunch.
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel