Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Northstar!!!!

I was really impressed with the art (aside from the sad lack of pointed ears). Peterson kept his own art-style, but he gave Jean-Paul the features from the Byrne-era instead of the more recent incarnations -- slender build, long face, and sharp features. Very nice to see.

It would make sense for Jean-Paul to be dead -- might be a little hard to take Sinister as a threat if his first on-panel victim gets away -- but maybe his powers ensured that he was just winged or something.

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Then again he could shag Mr Sinister senseless and make his escape.
    I'd buy five copies of Ultimate X-Men if they had an issue with JP and Sinister shagging. So here's to the first Ult. Northstar/Ult. Sinister ship! ::Giggles girlishly!::
    I presume you're refering to the dance called the Shag - I'm not too sure that when doing the dance you are refered to as 'shagging' though...

(aside from the sad lack of pointed ears).
    I wonder why his ears are normal? Maybe in the Ultimate universe (or whatever) he is not half fairy? (Please STOP sniggering!) I know that a lot of people were kinda annoyed by this odd turn of events in issue 50 but I thought it was suitably intriguing and explained the whole ear thing! (Do we know why Byrne created the twins with pointy ears to begin with btw?)

Oh and Suzene - LOVE the new avatar, VERY cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I wonder why his ears are normal? Maybe in the Ultimate universe (or whatever) he is not half fairy? (Please STOP sniggering!) I know that a lot of people were kinda annoyed by this odd turn of events in issue 50 but I thought it was suitably intriguing and explained the whole ear thing! (Do we know why Byrne created the twins with pointy ears to begin with btw?)
    I'm sure that fairy thing was finally refuted in the 'Search for Northstar arc', Loki having said he lied. As for the ears, I think they were just there to reinforce the twins being mutant theme.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

bah! The fairy thing was foolish, I'm so glad they story was explained to be a lie! As for a good enough reason for thier ears being pointed...why is does Night Crawler look how he does? Why does Wolverine's hair do that thing it does? Why is Kara Purple? It's all about the mutations. Besides, the pointed ears make them more airodynamic, so they can go faster.

Ben

This man has Aerodynamic earholes for cripes sake and he can't get on the X-Men properly, what is the world coming too
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I wonder why his ears are normal? Maybe in the Ultimate universe (or whatever) he is not half fairy? (Please STOP sniggering!)
    You've spoken the forbidden words; we must now eat your brain.

Oh and Suzene - LOVE the new avatar, VERY cute!!!
    Heh...thanks. Most people know not to let me within three miles of a graphics program, but I got in under the fence this time.

Suzene

Btw, never read ANY Ultimate titles, so what's the deal with them? They use the same characters but with no history or something?
    Sort of. More or less it allows people to read about some really cool characters without feeling the need for 1000 issues of back story across 40 titles. Plus the fact that it's all modernized. While theere are major changes there's also a lot that is 'familiar.' Thank GOD for the Ultimate line... I was dying without Spider-Man, but I won't touch the mainstream titles until I have accomplished 2 things...
    1. Kill or seriously injure John Byrne
    2. Travel back in time BEFORE doing so, making sure that he never ever touches Spidey....

uhhhh... /rant

Default Ultimate X-Men #46

Just to let people know, the issue in question is now out

And how did how did Northstar fare?

or ?
    Same as in the preview.... we don't know. The preview showed the whole comic page for page... We have to wait and see...
    Swifty
    aka Tyvin on FFXI server Seraph.
    If I'm not at work or on MSN... I'm in Vana'Diel

said comic also got me into crap with some obsessive 'mother' type...in the comic shop no less. I was minding my own business when this slag came up and scolded me for picking comic books up for my kids (of which I have none btw) and letting them read such trash.

After scraping my jaw off the floor I told her that I don't have kids, these were mine and that I would appreciate if she minded her own bloody business! Then I saw her brats mewing over pokemya**e cards. I was tempted to shove AF 106 in her face when I spied that but decided against it and got my stuff and left.

It's folks like that that make me nervous about that bill thing I posted about in the cupboard forum. But I have my Ultimate Northstar and I'm a happy girl for now...I want AF 4 already...
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymako71
    said comic also got me into crap with some obsessive 'mother' type...in the comic shop no less. I was minding my own business when this slag came up and scolded me for picking comic books up for my kids (of which I have none btw) and letting them read such trash.
    Which just shows how out of touch these poeple are - as if kids read comic-books these days! I'm sure the average age of comic-book reading community is mid-twenties to thirties.

You should have reminded her that America is built on the melting pot of all peoples and views, and then complimented her beautiful children and assured her that they would certainly make mommy proud by being wonderful American Nazis someday,

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    You should have reminded her that America is built on the melting pot of all peoples and views, and then complimented her beautiful children and assured her that they would certainly make mommy proud by being wonderful American Nazis someday,
    You have no idea how tempted I was to be bad. But I figured if she got her panties in a wad over some chick buying comic books for herself, god only knows what would have happened if said chick actually tried to shut her up and put her in her place.

But I got my Ultimate JP and all things considered it was worth it. lol It's easier to read then the full book preview over at Mile High.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

People like that prey on your reaction. You, being the polite one, didn't respond because SHE buttec in and called attention to your behavior that was NONE OF HER BUSINESS. She was exercising her right to free speech by trying to censor and censure YOUR rights. This would be different even if you butted into that conversation, but she directed her comments at you.

Everybody NEEDS to be consciously aware of what elements in their life work for them, but not for other people, and by American ideals, should tolerate the differences that are not illegal or outright dangerous. I detest people with blue and megenta hair, but what they choose to do to themselves is NOT even my business, never mind my place to say anything. If I were to VOLUNTEER criticism of someone who chooses to think they're fashionable in such a way, I DESERVE both barrels. Just like that woman deserved it.

I am the keeper of my soul, and, temporarily, of my son's. People who want to tell me how to live my life--more like theirs, invariably!--always get an answer, even if it's just a question who appointed them my savior.

I have shaken the faith of street preachers trying to save my soul, at least temporaily get them to see the emptiness of the universe and that they will eventually become worm food.

Silence to those people only reinforces the thought in their tiny minds that they are right.