Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Northstar still an Xman?

Default Is Northstar still an Xman?

Ive been reading the write-ups about all the new Xmen Reloaded titles and rosters, how come I cant seem to find Northstar anywhere? Is he finally coming back home to AF? or is he going off to (finally!) save his sister and Madison from that creep in Weapon X?

Actually, no one is really sure what's happening to Northstar after Reload happens. One would hope that he would go to find his sister, and then return to Alpha Flight. But knowing Marvel, they'll probably sentence him to be in limbo for a while.

-Mystic

Scot Lobdel has said he has no plans to use NS for the forseeable future, so he'll stay as a teacher with the New Mutants probably, but only in the back ground.

I would have no problem with an Uncanny AF where the originals go and retrieve errant members and make them a little better. Then again apart from from NS, the others are complete nutters, so maybe a padded cell at Alpha HQ would be better
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'd love to see Northstar return to the fold. Maybe have him get fed up with being forgotten about with the X-Men, have him want to be a more active member of a team.
    Richard Vasseur

I agree. Northstar should either get more "screen time" in Uncanny or be placed in Alpha Flight. He's too great a character to be kept in Limbo.

I don't really like him with the X-Men. I want him and his sister back together in Alpha Flight. He should just get up and leave. Why was he even put in there if he wasn't going to be used.
    Richard Vasseur

I enjoyed Northstar with the X-Men too. It's too bad he was in what, three issues, maybe four, before they tossed him aside. Northstar's too great a character to be pushed aside like that.

What's up with this X-Men Reloaded thing??

Maybe he'll end up with Excalibur. Haven't seen a roster for that book yet. Hell he's fast enough he could do double duty. Wolverine's on like all three x-men teams isn't he? And he's loaded down with that heavy skeleton.

How about getting Wolverine to join Alpha Flight as well than? I doubt that will ever happen though.
    Maybe we could see about the other unknown guy with claws from the Weapon X program that Sabretooth couldn't capture since he was to fast. But Wolverine will be going to track him down.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I don't really like him with the X-Men. I want him and his sister back together in Alpha Flight. He should just get up and leave. Why was he even put in there if he wasn't going to be used.
    Chuck Austten had only one story where he wanted to use Northstar, yet he insisted on bringing him on board as a X-man. While his background appearances in New Mutants are ok, he is better off as an Alphan.

Northstar deserves better than just being a background character. Well I guess they are at least using him some but still he needs a more active role. I want to see him in action.
    Richard Vasseur

I like Wolverine and all he just gets overused. While characters like Northstar, Aurora and Jeffries are lost. Good characters too. I kinda would be pissed if Northstar came back to Alpha Flight though. He quits and rejoins more often than Mac dies. If he comes back he should really be in at least 24 consequtive issues. So he's not in, then out, then in again....I could at least stand him being in and out if he were a special agent they called in every once in a while as needed.

Yes lets hope this latest series does last for at least 24 issues. Marvel must have some faith in it since they restarted it again. So lets us make sure to spread the word and maybe get a few more readers to help keep it going. If it makes maoney for Marvel they will keep it going.
    Richard Vasseur

Chuck Austen said that he wanted to keep Northstar on the roster, but couldn't due to some new editorial policy. Nothing's been heard beyond that. The New Mutants creative team have said that they would love to be allowed to keep him, but their roster is pretty crowded so they can't.

I don't have many hopes for Northstar being in the new Excal, as Claremont seems to be interested of telling the tale of Xavier, but you never can tell.

Suzene

I like the idea of Northstar on an X-team, but didn't care for the way he was written (and I never read Alpha in "the good old days"!). Remember that Uncanny X-Sprites strip?... http://www.uncannyx-sprites.com/inde...ate=2004-01-06[/url]