Thread: Abandoned fanfic ideas

Default Abandoned fanfic ideas

Does anybody else ever work out entire plots in their head, but never get them down in Notepad/word/paper? That's me. I'm good at thinking up crazy fun plots, and while I have adequate writing abilities, I'm definately not a writer. So what happens to these plots? They fart around in my head.

Some of my favorite abandoned ideas I've had include:
    *Alpha using the Diefenbunker (http://www.diefenbunker.ca/english/default.asp) as their headquarters. (In my head, there's occasionally a crazy man who lives in the bunker and freaks the flying frig outta Alpha, as they're 4 stories underground and LOCKED IN FOR 3 MONTHS OMG!!!! Another plot based on the bunker involves the military stowing something away down there, running amock, and sending Alpha in to deal with it.)

*Oak Island (Pirates. East Coast. 'Nuff said. Would ride the wave of POTC's popularity.)

Actually, those are my only "never-to-be-written" ideas that are interesting enough to share.

The point of all this is... somebody take one of my stupid ideas, use it, and use it well, ok? Or share your own "never-to-be-written"'s!

EDIT: In other news, I am unable to figure out the "List" button up there. YEARG edited the post so it's in a readable "format", for lack of a better word.

Default Abandoned fanfic ideas

Interesting topic, Gorejeja! You have some good ideas, especially the Alpha Flight "bunker" story. Please don't be afraid to use them. We can never have too much Alpha Flight fan fiction!

While we're on the topic of abandoned fanfic ideas, I had another idea for a Lita Wu ("Reunion") story. However, this one is as different as can be from the first one. Unlike "Reunion", it isn't wholesome. It's very dark, and includes adult topics, such as unemployment, in-law problams, and marriage woes. Lita make a few irresponsible mistakes, which is totally out of line as the character was originally presented.

Also, there's another reason I hesitate to use Lita Wu again. Since I wrote the story, I've come to realize that Lita is a "Mary Sue": a made-up character created to fit into the already-established Alpha mythos. Most fans resent Mary Sues for just this reason. They want to read fanfic about their heroes, not about some author- manufactured character taking center stage. And quite rightly so!

Yeah I though a Department H corporate downsizing storay would be great. You could see what folks like Pathway do once they are unemployed due to government downsizing. Maybe Manikin resorts to a life of crime, or maybe he uses his Highbrow persona to win the Nobel Prize in physics. Goblyn might get attacked and killed while attending GenCon (D&D and roleplaying convention for those non-geeks out there (and not to namecall, but I wouldn't know it if I weren't one)). Most of us could sympathize I'm sure in today's environment. You could even have some govenrment outsourcing of superhero jobs to Indo-China!

Barnacle

I have actually been considering submitting a script to Marvel because I'm so disgusted with the current take on my favorite super-team. It basically consists of Department H coming back into the fore under the auspicice of a Canadian form of the Department of Homeland Security. Much conspiracy ensues, but that's as far as I've gotten - the seed.

I had an idea that a newly formed AF woul dfind a huge stash of Plodex eggs still being cared for by a nursery modual of the original ship and have to fight dozens of plodex offspring. The end result would be a plan hatched (pardon the pun) but Walter and Michael to capture and grow a half-breed off spring in order to take advantage of the collective mind that they have and that individual would stay with the group as a new Marrina. This, of course, would back-fire at a later date.

I like the "bunker" idea and could see if as part of the New Alpha/Dpt H plot. The team are given a new installation and, while there, become trapped. It turns out to not be an accident, but they'd not know this for some time and spend a while down there trying to get out. Lot's of potential for chaacter development over two issues there. Then, the truth is slowly revealed when they are attacked by the menace in the lower levels. No idea what it could be, but the monster and the Dpt H consppiracy could be interwoven easily with team dissent resulting in a split in the group where a new Beta Flight/ Gamma Flight/ Omega Flight is born too.

Of course I think out my Alpha fanfics.As the new writer for altmarvels Alpha Flight series I have my whole year thought of.My AF 1 would have been published by now if not for some technical difficulties on my CP

Walter and Michael to capture and grow a half-breed off spring in order to take advantage of the collective mind that they have and that individual would stay with the group as a new Marrina.
    Why not use the story as springboard to return Marrina and just use the original instead of a new character?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I thought of that too, and the original character is true and irrevocably dead. There's not much room to play with it....except...

In my concept, the plodex were a gestal mind anyway, so if one were raised from and egg again, and it were female, eventually she'd "become" Marrina. She'd genetically "remember" her old self and that personality would supercede the base Plodex programming.

Of course, things are never that easy, are they...

I always figure out plots as a way of relieving stress. Fight SHIELD to protect Canada's sovereignty. Fight the Dreamqueen and, unbeknownst to everyone else, save the world. Destroy Apocalypse's alien technology and get everyone mad at them for doing so, even though all it hurts is Apocalypse. Remake Department H with Hudsons in charge as CEO and COO, Judd as espionage agent trainer, Shaman as lead medical, Alpha Flight only a bare contact with them, no more e-m suits. TAke over Dept. H with an Inuit mutant's help, then do as I said with Hudsons and Judd et al. Form a new Omega Flight with Talisman and Persuasion leading, Manikin, Pathway, Goblyn, Wyre...

Ideas for characters like Burst and Pound. What Pucks's powers wil be. What Feedback and Box will do. So on and on....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.