Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try not to miss me

Default Try not to miss me

Gonna be heading home to PEI for a few days folks, won't be online much, try and behave, and don't give Phil too much trouble eh?

Bem

Default Re: Try not to miss me

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Gonna be heading home to PEI for a few days folks, won't be online much, try and behave, and don't give Phil too much trouble eh?

Ben

( ) oh, don;t worry Ben, he'll still be alive when ya get back... we pprroommiissee.... (insert maniacal laugh here)

pst! is he gone??... bring the thumb screws, shackles and flaying whips.... Hey, Phil, can you come over here for a second...?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

New Recruit

Default Re: Try not to miss me

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    ( ) oh, don;t worry Ben, he'll still be alive when ya get back... we pprroommiissee.... (insert maniacal laugh here)

pst! is he gone??... bring the thumb screws, shackles and flaying whips.... Hey, Phil, can you come over here for a second...?
    Well, HC.. You know what they say.. 'When the cat's away, the mice will pla'.. :looks at Ben: Er.. Obey.. Yes, that's it.. Obey.. 'When the cat's away, the mice will obey'.. Yeah.. :blinks: :smiles innocently: :nervous laughter:

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

hmmm, what's that light coloured text...I can't quite make it out...oh well, I'm sure you'll all be fine

*Ben wanders away towards PEI with a stunned yet innocent look on his face*

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Don't make me angry.....

You wouldn't like him when he's angry, why, he's been known to uhm..., uhmm.., well I've heard rumours, but have no real evidence of what he may do
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Going away again for a few days, same deal, I'll be online, but not regularily.

Ben

Well folks, with all that's been happening on the forum over the last few days, and with me not being around all that much I wanted to explain what's going on.

I've been in PEI (and still will be until wednesday) This is where my folks live. They have a large house, a lot of land, and are getting older. My father's hip has him pretty much unable to do anything active, and my mother has arthritis. I've been here doing everything from putting in wood, paining, lawn care, and lumberjacking.

I've been taking some good sized logs from a plantation my folks had thinned last year, and I'm getting them milled. The lumber that comes from that, I'll be using to construc my own work shop, and gallery. That means I'm starting my onw metal working business over the next year or so. That also means that most likely in the fall I will be moving back to PEI to do all this.

So I hope you can forgive my absense, I've been a busy boy. It looks like I'll be alternating one week in Halifax for one week in PEI.

Cheers

Ben

It's that time again. Leaving Halifax tomorrow morning, and should be hitting PEI around noon. My plan for this week is to get a building permit, and start digging a hole in the ground for the slab foundation of my workshop. I'll also be doing lots more work around my folks place. So until next Wednesday I'll not be around as much.

ciao,

Ben

Default TRY NOT TOO MISS US!!!

I'm hijacking Bens thread to mention that Phil, Bubs and I shall be leaving the sanctity of the boards and sallying forth into the big wide world. We are of to Bristol for the Con and upon our return shall regale you with tales of drunken shennanigans and other frivolities.

Be good and enjoy your weekend.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Have fun! Enjoy Bristol Con and if it's anything like the cons I've been to, try not to get into trouble.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Strangely we stayed relatively trouble free this year....

Though we did get invited to go to a lap dancing club with Dave Finch....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Strangely we stayed relatively trouble free this year....

Though we did get invited to go to a lap dancing club with Dave Finch....
    LOL Now that's a con! lap dancing and the lot.
    Hell was full, so I came back.

Well, I'm back in Halifax now, I'll be here for about a week and a half before heading back to PEI. I accomplished quite a bit over the last week and a half. Here are my logs that I've been working so hard to assemble:

These are on thier way now to be milled into lumber. By the time I'm back on the island I should have my building permit, then I can break ground. wooohoo!

Ben

I dare anyone to find a more Canadian image than a man sitting in a field to a forested backdrop atop a huge pile of logs.

Good luck Ben!