Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think should have their own series?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole
    Puck could replace Northstar as advisor in New X-Men even, to Alpha Squadron. Of course, one would hope that they'd actually be IN the comic sometimes....
    Um....Puck's not a mutant, remember? There's no reason for him to be in New X-Men.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Oh, I know he's not a mutant but I think that since Alpha Squadron is a 'losing' group that misses Northstar that the writer might want to bring in a more active tactician to help them, one who is familiar with Northstar's ways. Not exactly any mutants to choose from and Puck does have the most history with X-Men, notably Logan.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I don't think I'd want Puck in the X-Men cause they would use him only as a secondary character like they ended up doing with Northstar. And that would be such a waste of such a great character.
    Now an Merrina and Puck limited that would be great to see.
    Richard Vasseur

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default This mischaracterization really ticks me off

The Master heals himself. He reconstituted his dissected body using the Plodex spacecraft; he didn't, doesn't, and shouldn't have to inject himself with a Scramble-enzyme [I had forgotten I actually had that issue] to "enhance" himself. The Master says he's "totally aware of all things on Earth," surely he knew that Scramble was nuts.

Once he got himself together and realized what he could do, The Master would have repaired the damage inflicted when Puck snatched his helmet off (after he figured out a way to survive the underwater explosion in AFV1# 16).

And The Master should've been able to fix his own eyes, when he was blinded (I don't have the issue)...before he died (don't have, or want---but may need---that issue).

This Scramble nonsense has infected just about everybody in AF...and it shouldn't.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I would like to see BOX have his own series.

It would be about a totally different character "inheriting" a very special version of the BOX armor from the past while he is dealing with his own prognosis of a life debilitating disease.

I think the strength of the Roger Bochs character was that he WAS handicapped, and the BOX armor was his freedom and his way to be more than a broken man in a wheelchair.

What would happen to someone who was recently disabled and given this "out" early on in being disabled? That's what I would explore. Oh, and lots of ROBOT FIGHTING AS WELL!!!

And where did this armor come from? Hmmm...it's almost like I already have a story.

...which I do. Got the first four issues written and the first 6 beat sheets done. Was part of that whole EPIC thing, then it all went to crap...

or maybe a good Puck story, eh Michael May?

- pjc

Not a bad idea for a Box story - kinda reminiscent of the original Box (no, I'm not one who considers Jaxon the first Box. He usurped Box from Roger, and used it for his own use. It would be like taking the the atom bomb that hit Nagasaki, even tho the first one had already been used on Hiroshima... okay I'm not sure if that analogy is accurate, but it's the closest I could come up with).

One slight problem with your post, tho, Patrick...

Quote Originally Posted by patrick_j_clarke
    I think the strength of the Roger Bochs character was that he WAS handicapped, and the BOX armor was his freedom and his way to be more than a broken man in a wheelchair.
    Box wasn't Roger's freedom, it was his crutch. As Box, Roger could pretend that he was a 'whole' man again, living a fantasy instead of working with what he really had for strengths, such as the fact he was a creative genius. He took his disabilities and used them as a barrier from the rest of the world, believing, because he wasn't 'whole', that he was less than perfect, that he was more of a shade of a man, when in fact, he could have been a lot more if he accepted what he was, that his limitations were, and what his TRUE strengths were. THAT was his true downfall, and why he let himself be dragged down by the emotionally manipulative Aurora and the psychotic Scramble. That's what made him weak (as a person, not as a character -- as a character, I had no problems with him, since it was true-to-form).

(I'm doing it again -- I'm psychoanalysing fiction characters again.... ugh)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Welcome back, Patrick, and your BOX storyline sounds interesting.

I agree, it DOES sound interesting... I think it'd sound good in either version (Patrick's original conception or my 'crutch' thesis)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    I agree, it DOES sound interesting... I think it'd sound good in either version (Patrick's original conception or my 'crutch' thesis)
    I agree with the 'crutch' idea with Roger. But in the beginning I envisioned that Roger saw the BOX armor as a freedom and a way to make himself feel like he was "someone".

There are a lot of things that "free" you that become a horrible crutch down the line, no? That is definately part of what I'm driving at with my updated story.

But for some reason, as many people that love BOX (including JB himself) I just don't see Marvel taking a chance on a book like this. It would probably be better just to start up whole new story and character with no ties to BOX and AF, but that just ain't right in my opinion :P

- pjc

Ack! I just looked at the previous post date on this thread! Man, time flies by...

Well, a new job and some freelance comic pin-up work sure does get in the way!

I really want to finish the first six issues of my BOX story, but what should I do then? Anyone know of a champion of Alpha Flight at Marvel?

Happy New Year everyone, I know what my resolution is!

- pjc

Default Nemesis

They're are a lot of things about Nemesis that haven't been revealed that I'd like to know. Her "army", The Children of the Night, were only shown in one issue, with a vaque referance to being "Soldiers in a war against evil". I wrote the profile for them at the Appendix, and I'm still not sure what they're there for. What evil? Has it come yet? I'd also like to see Nemesis reunited with Kyle, (Not as he is now, but peacefully) Nemesis seemed to be the only person who actually cared about and took care of Wild Child for a long time, I kind of felt they had an almost mother/son bond...Which is why I'm strongly against the idea of a Nemesis/Wild Child romantic pairing...Shard was almost perfect for him, but she's dead now..

I'm with Ben...a Sasquatch and Puck series would rock!! Also, I'd definitely buy a Sasquatch solo series...he could fight people like Wendigo and Super-Skrull and even mix it up with the Hulk. I think it could have a great mix of action and humor...maybe they could even do a Marvel Two-In-One kinda thing, where Sas teams up with a different hero every issue, both big name heroes and even the little guys, kinda like the Thing used to..I'd definitely buy it!!

I think there are several characters from AF that would do great in their own series.

1. Puck. Come on, with his skills and background there is more than enough there to make for a good solo book.

2. Talisman. Powerful mystic fighting evil from various dimensions, teaming up with Shaman, Snowbird or Dr. Strange now and again.

3. Wyre. Yes, yes I know a lot of you hate him, but he's perfect for this. Fighting skills, weird power, shady background and a mercenary to boot!

4. Sasquatch. The Two-In-One idea is dead on.

5. Northstar and Aurora. A great team with their own unique tensions.

I think a series should be made about AF like the Marvel Comics Presents.
    so that there are a few stories in each issue featuring a few Alphans.

Zekeman

The Epsilons. The funny thing is, I've never read any of vol.2 and don't even know what these guys look like, but I'm totally enamoured with the idea of them. Go figure.