Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think should have their own series?

I would love to see a comic that explains and shows how Puck lost that demon he had trapped inside him and have it explained why he is not 80 years old and a gaint since the demon was what kept him a dwarf. I did read a write up about it on the internet but I'd like to see a comic book about it.
    Richard Vasseur

well, it really already is covered in the comic books, it's just spread out.

Well than maybe they could put it all together. It really wasn't covered very well or explained that good.
    How about Shaman and Talisman in a series together. They could face some magical menace. Maybe Metaphiso I haven't seen him for awhile.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I would love to see a comic that explains and shows how Puck lost that demon he had trapped inside him and have it explained why he is not 80 years old and a gaint since the demon was what kept him a dwarf. I did read a write up about it on the internet but I'd like to see a comic book about it.
    That was covered in Fabian N's "Building Blocks" arc. The Master experiemented with Puck, using"the last" of the Scranble Enzyme. But the Master's database of Puck was as a dwarf, so the enzyme had a bad reaction to the old tall Puck. With Walter's biochemistry skills, the enzyme was made to work, and Puck was restore to dwarf status, but with super-dense skin and low-grade superstregth.
    If I'm remembering right.

Yep, yer right on the mark there Kozzi24.

If anyone is interested in the long winded version, I just uploaded my Puck I bio. Like most the the main characters, it ended up much longer than intended

Ben

Building Blocks what series was that in? Not the first. Was it the second or third?
    Richard Vasseur

Yes, it was in the first series, #87 to #90

Ok I have all that series from start to end maybe it has just been to long since I read it. I its hard to remember every comic when you read an average of two per day or more.
    Richard Vasseur

Default Puck

I agree that Puck would be a good choice due to all of the experience he has had in his life. Some damage control would have to be done in other books though to restore his image as a formidable guy. There have been too many stories out there, some might even refer to them as "Uncanny" that has made him look like a twerp. Restore Bryne's original version of Puck and you'd have a winner.

Puck is less than a twerp now. Byrne's original version didn't have the low grade superstrength or dense skin.

When Puck first appeared he didn't need super strength low grade or not. He used his skills. That was all he needed and all he still really needs. His skill and experience are what made him one tough little canuck. And having him look like a hockey puck was cool. I just realisted thats what his original costume made him look like. Can you tell I'm not a hockey fan. But I'm a Puck fan.
    Richard Vasseur

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Gem of a thread; just noticed it

I'd make a way to buy some of Richard and Mystic's suggestions in this thread.

As previously stated, I like a Puck-Aurora combination because they both have the ability to figure out mysteries/crimes. Next, I like a Puck-Talisman combination because Puck would feel right at home with magic and Talisman would need his world-wise expertise on many different things and I think it would bug the heck out of Shaman! Next, I like a Sasquatch-Northstar combination because it's so unlikely that these two would team-up for anything...except trying to find AURORA!

And even more unlikely: Talisman-Snowbird.

Default Re: Gem of a thread; just noticed it

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan
    I'd make a way to buy some of Richard and Mystic's suggestions in this thread.

As previously stated, I like a Puck-Aurora combination because they both have the ability to figure out mysteries/crimes. Next, I like a Puck-Talisman combination because Puck would feel right at home with magic and Talisman would need his world-wise expertise on many different things and I think it would bug the heck out of Shaman! Next, I like a Sasquatch-Northstar combination because it's so unlikely that these two would team-up for anything...except trying to find AURORA!

And even more unlikely: Talisman-Snowbird.
    Heh, got one more for you, one I've had in the planning stages for awhile: a Shaman-Talisman-Earthmover story, basically rounding out these characters. When I get it written, I'll letchya'll see
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Puck could definitely have his own series. And, yes, I'd love to see a Shaman/Snowbird/Talisman series. Even a mini-series would do.

Puck could replace Northstar as advisor in New X-Men even, to Alpha Squadron. Of course, one would hope that they'd actually be IN the comic sometimes....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.