Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think should have their own series?

Default Nemesis

1. Nemesis for sure. I just love her and am glad to see her back again. I thought Marvel had killed her off too.

2. Witchfire

Maybe they could team up

Snowbird and Marrina! Maybe even a team-up of these two. They are so much alike. And so different.
    Richard Vasseur

I would love to see a Indiana Jones style, World-Spanning adventure starring Puck. He has all this history that no one really expanded upon. Also, maybe a mini series about the new Alpha Flight rescuing the past members from Weapon X. Just a thought.

How about a Box limited series?

With the popularity of giant robot Anime' these days I think if you did a 6 issue limited series with him in Japan or something it would sell.

I would love a series for Mac. He could die in every odd-numbered issue and return in every even-numbered one.

I'd just like to see Volume 3 last as long as Volume 1...

Northstar was a former terrorist with a childhood history of repeatedly losing parents, an unexplored origin, a tenuous relationship with a twin he was not raised with, multifacted powers that still have not been fully explored, and formative teen year history that has only been hinted at. There's enough there for the character to have his own book, and be something well beyond a second-rate Quicksilver.
    Unfortunately, the gay thing would hurt the marketability. Too many single younger guys would be afraid to be seen buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Northstar was a former terrorist with a childhood history of repeatedly losing parents, an unexplored origin, a tenuous relationship with a twin he was not raised with, multifacted powers that still have not been fully explored, and formative teen year history that has only been hinted at. There's enough there for the character to have his own book, and be something well beyond a second-rate Quicksilver.
    Finally, a man/woman after my own heart!!

Unfortunately, the gay thing would hurt the marketability. Too many single younger guys would be afraid to be seen buying it.
    Possibly right, but it shouldn't impact the market TOO much, especially if it's done tactfully (good luck with that; this is Marvel - Kings/Queens of the Tactless!)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Northstar and Aurora.

I agree with kozzi's post on why J-P would be popular. We could get the straight guy fanboys to buy the book with lots and lots of half naked flying Aurora scenes.

I'd buy it because I'll give any major series based in Canada a shot. But JP does have an interesting and deep history with tonnes of story potential. problem is, there's only two writers I can think of that can tactfully write gay characters. One is a DC exclussive (Judd Winnick) and the other doesn't like to do more than 12 issues of a company owned property. (Warren Ellis)

Plus the writer should be able to write a quebecer properly, which I see none at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho
    I'd just like to see Volume 3 last as long as Volume 1...
    I'll second that motion!!!!

How about some limited series feature Wire, Ghost Girl, Purple Girl lets see these heroes make a come back. All three had potention why not use it.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    Good points all -- and the last one is sadly true. I do think, however, that Northstar as a solo character in an ongoing series would become grating in short order. As part of a team, he's an excellent counterweight to more optimistic characters personality-wise and the cynical voice of experience, not to mention that his powers make him one hell of a support fighter. Don't get me wrong, I *adore* JP, I just don't think he'd be used to best advantage in a solo book.

Suzene

All in all, I think the stand alone book that would make the most sense is Puck. He has such rich history. The whole book could easily take place in the past. Who else wants to see his origonal battles with the Brass Bishop? Boy did Seagle ever do a great job making me want to see that story!

Ben