Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think should have their own series?

Default Who do YOU think should have their own series?

I've kinda opened the door to this one by meantioning that Northstar should have his own book, but who do YOU think should have their own book (i don't mean miniseries - I mean maxiseries (6 - 25 issues) or ongoing), and why?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

How about a Sasquatch and Puck (the original) series. Kinda like the old Thing and Human torch series. Not a solo, but close to it

I would love for them to come out with a Shaman/Snowbird series. What interesting things they must come across (being a mystic and a half-god). I would pay money to see that.

It would also be interesting to see a Nemesis series. Watch her do her work. Perhaps reflect on what she has done in the past. (hmmm....perhaps that could be a work of fiction for me )

-Mystic

Major Mapleleaf! Just have Lobdell write it with the same sort of humor that he does here, and it'd be a fun read. I can see it now... "The Adventures of Major Mapleleaf and Thunder!"

... I'd buy it, damn it.

Puuuuuuuuuck! Totally. I could totally see him being all secret agenty kinda like the current Mystique series. Course being 3'6" would probably mean its kinda tough to go undercover but he'd totally kick butt in the action scenes.

I'd second a Nemesis retrospective in a short series exploring her origins and wouldn't mind exploring Puck's shadowy past either. But ultimately I would love for something positive to come from Diamond Lil's end of things because she was always a favourite of mine too.
    An all new Alpha Flight? "You gotta be kiddin me!"

New Recruit

Oh, I just don't know.. Who do I think deserves their own series? Well.. I wonder if I could think of anyone.. Hmm.. Oh, Hey! I know! How about Magik/Illyana?

In all seriousness, Magik is a great candidate for a series. She hasn't been seen (except for occasional flashbacks and such - Not counting the child Illyana here, folks.) in comics since March, 1989!!! It's long past time to bring this girl back, and I can't think of a better way to tell the story of where on Earth (or elsewhere..) she's been in the mean time than in her own series.

(Yeah, yeah, yeah.. I'm a dog with a bone. )

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

I think we are talking about which member of Alpha Flight should have thier own series Magik, and last I checked she wasn't one

New Recruit

Oooh, Whoops! Your post confused me at first, Ben. I looked through all of the posts and couldn't find a single reference that it was just Alpha Flight, then I noticed it was in the 'Alpha Talk' sub forum.

I view posts by clicking the 'View posts since last visit' button, so I don't go into the actual sub forum.. I didn't notice it was in Alpha Talk. Sorry 'bout that, folks. (I've goofed already!! You'll find that I tend to do that quite a bit. ) I'll start looking to the left of the Topic to check the sub forum before I post next time. My apologies again.

To be on topic, I like Mystic's idea of a Snowbird/Shaman series. They could run across any number of .. Uh.. Magikal beings.. (And that would be called cheating. *laughs*)

~ Magik
    Do you believe in -- Magik?

Quote Originally Posted by Magik
    Oooh, Whoops! Your post confused me at first, Ben. I looked through all of the posts and couldn't find a single reference that it was just Alpha Flight, then I noticed it was in the 'Alpha Talk' sub forum. ~ Magik
    My fault, Magik, really. I shoulda specified 'which ALPHA FLIGHT character...'. I do the same thing - clicking 'view all new...' etc...

While character loyalty prompts me to say Northstar, I think a Puck series would just work better as an ongoing title.

Suzene

Apparently, everyone seems to be missing the last two words of my oringinal post... the question isn't just WHO you'd like to see, but WHY you think they are so marketable?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    Apparently, everyone seems to be missing the last two words of my oringinal post... the question isn't just WHO you'd like to see, but WHY you think they are so marketable?
    In this case, simply because Judd is a) a character that we just don't know that much about and so has room to develop in many directions, b) is visually unusual, c) can cooperate with others, so guest-stars are easy to work in, and d) is a pretty strong hook for some of the old guard readers out there.

Suzene

I have to say that I'm not really a fan of solo-hero comic books - much prefer team books. But if I had to say anyone I would say Northstar & Aurora.

Saying that of course, if ANY Alphan's got their own series I would probably buy it just to show my support.

I had a thought, not quite a solo book but an Alpha Flight spin-off. Shaman leading a kind of Defenders-like team. With Snowbird, Talisman and Puck working with him. Working the mystical side of things, Puck was a fortune hunter and such after all and has some mystical knowledge. Could see them dealing with mystical threats all over the world keeping dangerous magical artifacts out of the wrong hands.