Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know what's great about the new Alpha Flight?

If Yukon Jack is not staying there because his father told him he has to couldn't he just leave? The drugs must have worn off.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    If Yukon Jack is not staying there because his father told him he has to couldn't he just leave? The drugs must have worn off.
    He's probably become intriqued with the big wide world he's found himself in and willstay with team to experience it. He'll remain a member until his sister 'Pollyputthekettleon' comes to rescue him
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Considering the way the team got formed, it seems Walt must be taking some team organization lessons from General Clarke.

Maybe General Clarke and Pollyputthekettleon should get together and form their own team.
    Richard Vasseur

Yukon Jack's father told him to see the world before he could take over the throne. Then drugged him and sold him to Walt, Jack must figure that if he were to go back he'd never get the throne. 20 bucks though says that if AF vol 3 lasts long enough he and Alpha Flight will have to return to fight some usurper for the throne. Ala Black Panther or Namor. Regular story for those royal types.

That would be a good way to get him to work together as part of a team. If it was to prtect his future throne he could see the value of having powerful allies on his side such as Alpha Flight.
    Richard Vasseur

I think it's more likely he'll have a confrontation with his father. He seems like a dirty rat.

His father didn't seem all that great a guy either. So maybe he is better off away from him. It might improve his character.
    Richard Vasseur

All I was saying is that he was forced to go. If he was going because his father told him to, then what need was there for him to be tranquilized and carried off? Maybe he is interested in seeing the world. Maybe he has become curious. But if this guy is some arrogant, pissy little royal with loads of power (and he has to be packing some serious power for Walt to even KNOW of him in a world that his people have isolated themselves from, much less for Walt to go to this kind of trouble to get him), then I would think that the second he woke up, he'd kick everyone's ass in the room and then either demand to be taken back or just leave on his own. I just don't like the transition from drugged state to oh-well-he's-on-the-team-now.

I don't like that either if he has to be drugged to get him on the team he shouldn't be there. The same thing kind of applies to Nemisis having to have nano things to control her. Team members should be there willingly for them to work as a team. Puck's daughter as well is there cause she lost a bet. Thats not a good reason either. Or Centennial because he has nothing better to do. Only sasquatch and Major Maple Leaf really want to be there and therefore belong there.
    Richard Vasseur

Lets go back to comparing this team with the old Alpha. Why did the original members join the team in the first place? Was it the big salary and the fringe benifits? The prestige of being a member of the official national superhero team of Canada? Because they wanted to do good and fight for justice? What were their reasosns for joining and staying?

The only one that was clearly stated was J-P's. He always said, and acted on the premise that the only reason he was on the team was for his sister.

I'd say from the Originals, Mac was there out of a sense of duty. He invented this suit of power, he felt it was his duty to use it to protect his country, likewise it was his duty to form Alpha Flight. Puck, we know wanted to be there, worked hard to get to Alpha. He had been through some sketchy times in his life, maybe wanting to make ammends for some things he wasn't proud of. Or for perhaps after having lived so long, and having seen so much, he needed a but of a sense of purpose. Snowbird was there to facilitate the defeat of The Great Beasts, Shaman was there as he had a duty to Birdie, and he was an old friend of Heather's. He's also a proud man, and would want to protect his country. Aurora, probably there for fun. Marrina was probably there as a sense of duty too. Sasquatch became what he is through his Scientific experiments. But we know he wanted to become the next Hulk, so he obviously had some reason to want powers. Probably after having be a pro football player, world class scintist, he needed a new challange.

Now, to compare, I'd say that Centennial and Judd joined AF for similar reasons. Major Mapleaf (and Thunder) are there as a sense of duty. Being a very good person, he's probably closes to Marrina in his reasons for taking part. Walt is in the new AF as a sence of duty from having fought for his country so long, and to save the originals. Yukon Jack is probably staying with AF, as he wants Makkamakka's throne. His father got him there, so to turn his back on his father might hurt his chances of become the next leader of his people. Selfish reasons I guess, closest to Snowbird. Zuzha, she's there because she lost a bet, and she may have a crush on Walt. Once she finds out about her daddy, that will be reason enough to stay. Nemesis, well, she doesn't have much choice now, does she

Ben

Democratic??? This is Canada, what has democracy got to do with anything???

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    He's there because he was drugged and kidnapped... basically, his father sold him to Sasquatch. Yeaaaaaah, that's real democratic.

From the originals I think yes Mac was there because he invented the suit and felt he was the best and most capable of using it. He is loyal to his country. His wife ended up joining out of respect for her husband and country. Shaman was there out of respect as well as a way of helping the land and country where he was born the same reasons applied to Snowbird with the reason also that she respected Shaman. Talisman to at the start was there because of her father Shaman she was trying to follow in his footsteps.
    Puck well was in love with Heather. And Mac was his friend both good reasons for helping them out with forming a new team.
    Walter well he had powers and abilities and a brilliant mind so this new team gave him a way of using both, and it gave him a way of helping people all of which he wanted.
    Marrina was a stranger and wanted to below. So why not join a team. Its a good place to try to belong. She grew to respect her teammates.
    Northstar yes was there to protect his sister but he also likes the spot light. But not as much as Aurora does she likes to be the center of attention.
    This is the one thing the original team seems to have more of and that is respect for each other even with the in fighting that did occur. The new team seems to lack that.
    Richard Vasseur

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Prince
    Yukon Jack's father told him to see the world before he could take over the throne...Jack must figure that if he were to go back he'd never get the throne. 20 bucks though says that....Alpha Flight will have to return to fight some usurper for the throne.
    Yukon Jack's father reminds me of SOMON.