Thread: Elektra

Default Elektra

I've noticed something for the past two solicitations from Marvel, and it kinda has me concerned. Are they cancelling Elektra?? I haven't seen it advertised for June or July, and am hoping that it's just an oversight. I love this title and would be slightly upset if they axed it.

Anyone know what's up??

-Mystic

Aw, man. I just googled to find out for certain. Her final issue is #35. How depressing is that? They cancel a good book to do what, come out with a Rogue series? Oy. My faith in Marvel keeps slipping away. Soon they'll be publishing nothing but X-Titles.

Shoot...

-Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic
    Aw, man. I just googled to find out for certain. Her final issue is #35. How depressing is that? They cancel a good book to do what, come out with a Rogue series? Oy. My faith in Marvel keeps slipping away. Soon they'll be publishing nothing but X-Titles.

Shoot...

-Mystic

... lucky for us, Alpha is considered an X-Title....

Now I just got to get a frikkin' ISSUE!! (they don't carry AF within 250 km of where I live, and I don't have a car or driver's licence)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

you could always go to Mile High I emailed Marvel's subscription department to ask if they could get AF added to the online list.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck

Now I just got to get a frikkin' ISSUE!! (they don't carry AF within 250 km of where I live, and I don't have a car or driver's licence)
    You could try Mile High Comics, but there's always E-Bay. I'll keep an eye out for ya and shoot links if I see them. No AF Fan should go without AF if a series is running. It's almost sacreligious (SP??)

I already lost faith in Marvel when they took Miller off Iron Man. They are just too chaotic. They cancel quality titles that deserve promotion. Sure, so does DC, but they also embrace a greater variety. Too much frustration, too much pushing of bland X-Titles. I almost fear for Alpha Flight because it's good and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic

You could try Mile High Comics, but there's always E-Bay. I'll keep an eye out for ya and shoot links if I see them. No AF Fan should go without AF if a series is running. It's almost sacreligious (SP??)
    One slight problem with that, Ben and Mystic (Ben and I had talked about this already, but it must have slipped his mind): to get comics from MH or EBay takes one thing thats VERY limited in my life: $$$$... so I'm STILL FUBAR'ed

One slight problem with that, Ben and Mystic (Ben and I had talked about this already, but it must have slipped his mind): to get comics from MH or EBay takes one thing thats VERY limited in my life: $$$$... so I'm STILL FUBAR'ed
    Oh...well...I'm not really sure how to remedy that problem. Perhaps if I find them (they both sold out in my area), then I'll pick 'em up for you. Who knows.

Just a thought,
    Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by "Mystic
    Oh...well...I'm not really sure how to remedy that problem. Perhaps if I find them (they both sold out in my area), then I'll pick 'em up for you. Who knows.

Just a thought,
    Mystic
    And even if it just stays a thought, it's well recieved and appreciated, Mystic. Thank you.

So are any other quality titles being cancelled? And does anyone here read anything not from Marvel or DC?
    Richard Vasseur

Well, it's already been discussed a thousand times on different message boards, but both Wildcats and Stormwatch: Team Achilles are both being cancelled. Both are excellently written (but I guess technically they would both be considered DC...). Taking that into account, I only read Marvel and DC. And if my titles are cancelled this time around, I'm done for a while.

Cheers,
    -Mystic
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

WildCATS I used to really like when it first came out. But after awhile I just got tired of it. I never really tried it again once DC had it. The only Image comic I get now is Victory. Its first 4 issue arch just ended. But its scheduled for another 4 issue run.
    Richard Vasseur