Thread: The Alpha Jet & Alpha HQ?

Default The Alpha Jet & Alpha HQ?

I was just re-reading Issue 17 from Vol 1 and was checking out the commandeered S.H.I.E.L.D craft that Mac borrows during the invasion of the U.S to re-claim Weapon X and I thought it looked pretty cool!

It got me wondering whether we might see a re-design of the Alpha Jet in the new series? I wondered what it might look like adapted for this ANAD AF. The other question I had was whether after all the Dpt H hijinks of Series 2 whether Alpha Flight would get a new HQ away from Dpt H. Lobdel seems to hint at the idea in some of the interviews that Alpha won't be HQ'd at Dpt H any more.

Any thoughts on either prospect?
    An all new Alpha Flight? "You gotta be kiddin me!"

Alpha, IMHO, have always worked better as an independent team, working outside the Auspices of Dept H, which has too many ties to Dept K, which in turn leads to the Weapon X project. Alpha should maintain their integrity by ignoring H, until it's got it's house in order.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

AF, due to Mac's involvement with the Government, seems to be joined at the hip with Dpt H... I wonder under what funding system they might remain independant and be able to maintain some kind of lone wolf HQ without the involvement of Dpt H or the Gvt?

I called the Omnijet the Alpha jet ofcourse because it may well not be the Omnijet in future. I wonder if the ANADAF will get a new Team Jet? It seems that without funding by the government that this might be near impossible...unless Langowski can somehow swing the funding from his connections to academe. Knowing academe though there wouldn't be enough money to finance the seats!

It would be nice also to see the Omnijet in the Character galleries under Alpha Flight Hardware...I think it's a part of AF that has personality.

So will we see a new Alpha Jet and HQ?

If yes, how would they remain independant and self financed?

Will there be no HQ then?

If so, will there be no Alpha Jet?

If there is an Alpha Jet and no HQ, where do they park it and whats the point of having it with no formal HQ?

We have many questions here...

Based on the interviews, no Dept. H which is great. Been there, done that, let the Flight move on to less conspiracy ridden allies.

In Issue 2, they have a jet no?

They do have a new HQ, that place that Nemesis was held at, but the location has yet to be revealed. Or maybe they'll just hang at Walt's swingin' pad.

n Issue 2, they have a jet no?
    Good point but I went back and checked and it looks like some generic jet with no Alphan gadgetry whatsoever. There was no mention made that it was the Omnijet or anything like it. The other problem is that it does no carry any Alpha Flight colouring or insignia. I would have thought that given the conventional aviation design and plain cosmetic appearance that this is certainly not the new Alpha Jet but rather just some run-about to get a few things done?

If this is the new Omnijet...what a dissapointment.

Anyone else got any idea's on this one? It would interesting to get this to Lobdell and find out what the score is with the Alpha Jet.

I think it's just Walt's personal jet that we see in vol.3. And as for getting this to Scott, no worries, he reads the forum, he may pick up on this thread I wouldn't wanna sent him too much in the way of feedback when it's all here for him to look at when he has the time to do so.

I think it's just Walt's personal jet that we see in vol.3.
    Ahhhhhh I bathe in the warm glow of relief at those words. I really hope we do see something very cool in the way of an updated Omnijet or Alpha Jet as the case may be. It seemed logical to me that the jet in Vol 2 was no Alpha vehicle.

Scott, if your reading this... let's see a very cool redesign of the Omnijet par excellence sil vous plais!

And Ben, could we see the Omnijet in the Alpha Flight galleries, sil vous plais? that would make this tech junky very happy indeed.

My thought as to why we haven't seen Dept H or an actual Omnijet or why Walt hasn't gone through Dept H for a new team is maybe that's where the Plodex invasion is starting. I think its destruction or at least them realizing they can't have a hero team working out of such a large facility would be perfect to start this new series off. They could still be affiliated with the government but have their own base they can more easily control.

Just a random thought or two... doesn't Alpha Flight actually already have a headquarters currently, that's separate from Department H? I read Wolverine #179 (the ish that introduced Earthmover), and it says there that Alpha Flight's headquarters is in British Columbia. Even showed a few shots of the place... albeit, they're VERY small and hard to make out, but they're there. Also, in the last couple of frames in that issue, a jet was shown to be based at that headquarters complex. And the jet (to my eyes, at least) looks a LOT like the one that Walt's using now. Am I making any sense?

I'll add that suggestion to "The List" Syd.

Major Mapleleaf Jr, I get the mpression that they are operating out of a warehouse in BC, at least that's where Walt has takent the new members. Scott has made reference to Alpha Flight's loft, so I'm guessing the top of the warehouse has been fassioned into living quarters...

I'd like to see a jet designed with the red and white of our country on it. A maple leaf maybe on the tail. Some cool gadgets inside it. I'd like to see an All New All Different jet for them.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    I'd like to see a jet designed with the red and white of our country on it. A maple leaf maybe on the tail. Some cool gadgets inside it. I'd like to see an All New All Different jet for them.
    basically, a retro-fitted Air Canada 747? God knows Air Canada won't be needing them at this rate...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Of course one from a Canada company would be best. I'd like to see one that incorporated some more advanced technology. With the Box armor and Guardian and Vidicator's armor as well if Merrina is coming back she could get a hold of Atlantian tech I bet Jefferies could put together a nice jet using that Air Canada 747 as a starting point.
    Richard Vasseur