Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invasion of The Polodex! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Default Invasion of The Polodex! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

I was thinking about the Plodex, and how it was that they had managed to become such a force to have been able to capture Alpha Flight. Where did they come from? The Master had only found one surviving pair of eggs when he was in control of the old Plodex ship, had there been others I'm sure mention would have been made.

So I see the following possibilities,

1. There were other eggs that survived from the same batch that Marrina had come from,

2. A new wave of eggs, or a new Plodex ship landed, and did it's thing.

3. (this is the one I like) The eggs that Marrina laid before she "died" have become a force to be reckoned with!

Thoughts?

Ben

I like the 3rd option! It would be interesting to see Marrina's return - I know that many people here are very fond of her.

What would these Plodex look like? If they adapt themselves to their environment and the genetic material available (of the dominant species) will they all look humanoid like Marrina? Also if she is their 'mother' might they be slightly different to normal Plodex in some respects?

Their appearance would all depend on what their "First Contact" would have been I guess. That is assuming that their makeup is the same as the eggs that came out of the ship. The thing with Marrina, and her fellow eggs, is they were specifically engineered by the Plodex to imprint the dominant species of a planet. In their natural home that wouldn't have been the case. Therefore, her "children" would probably be a fall back to their species' natural makeup, perhaps with enough adaptability to adjust to earth's environments.

Ben

Hmm, the only sentient creatures in the bottom of the sea that i can think of are Atlanteans. maybe Marrina's kids rule Atlantis....

At the end of Avengers #293 I think, we see the three eggs hatch and three humanoid figures swim away. As Marrina's offspring could only have been fertilised by Namor, this would suggest a Human/Atlantean/Plodex hybrid, with attributes of all three. This opens the possibilty that Marrinas kids have in turn mated and over time built themselves a formidable force.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Formitable...yet inbread! And that will be thier falling!

*bajo music from Deliverance plays in the background*

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Formidable...yet inbred! And that will be their falling!

*banjo music from Deliverance plays in the background*
    How sad is this, I have 'Deliverance' on video, but also have the 'Duelling Banjo's' piece on a tape by itself, just so I can watch the guitar player and Elvis's brother/uncle/dad/sister or all of the aforementioned, give it large on the Banjo. Pure class.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Another thought about the Plodex involves the Master's last known appearance which I'm pretty sure was in Avengers during the Kang War.

The Master was protecting the world against Kang with his advanced technology and the Master was using Plodex wolves to secure his own plans. The Avengers broke in and took over the base and 'killed' the Master. Maybe the Plodex creations left over have become even worse than the Master using the technology to trap Alpha Flight. And maybe even like Krakoa before them allowed one of them to escape to bring others to them for their plans. At least the Master was somewhat happy with his 'control' of the earth, the Plodex probably have other plans.

A lot of maybes but it kinda fits the evidence so far.

Ive always wondered if those Plodex wolves weren't Marrina and Namor's kids, i mean, where could the Master get more Plodex? Is there like a warehouse somewhere?

Having given himself a new body, plus using Scrambles genetic make-up to rubberfy, (no such word, I know) Puck, I would hazard that 'The Master' is a pretty accomplished geneticist. Maybe not on a par with Zola, but knowing enough to create Plodex wolves, maybe ?

Then again they could have come from http:www.plodexmailorder.com
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Having given himself a new body, plus using Scrambles genetic make-up to rubberfy, (no such word, I know) Puck, I would hazard that 'The Master' is a pretty accomplished geneticist. Maybe not on a par with Zola, but knowing enough to create Plodex wolves, maybe ?

Then again they could have come from http:www.plodexmailorder.com
    there may be another idea: the ship carrying the Plodex eggs was damaged, n'est-ce pas? We know that the ship's cargo was prematurely ejacu... erm, released, correct? What's to say that it launched ALL of them? The Master spend more than 40,000 years on that thing, surely he had a little peek around during that time. He could have found a few dozen/million spare eggs... just speculation, but hey, feasible at the same time...
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
    there may be another idea: the ship carrying the Plodex eggs was damaged, n'est-ce pas? We know that the ship's cargo was prematurely ejacu... erm, released, correct? What's to say that it launched ALL of them? The Master spend more than 40,000 years on that thing, surely he had a little peek around during that time. He could have found a few dozen/million spare eggs... just speculation, but hey, feasible at the same time...
    Good point, other forty thousand years, the Master must have used a few for omlettes etc, but enough could have been saved.

Intercepted message
    "Plodex central from Earthbound Arc, we have a problem, I've shot my load"
    Del

I like the story were it is Marrina's eggs that are hatching since that would be a perfect way to reintroduce her into the story. And it happens to be in Canada where the eggs hatch so who better than Canada's # 1 Super-Hero team to handle the situation.
    Richard Vasseur

Wasn't it determined that the Plodex in the Kang Wars were a product of Marrina being used as a "brood queen" & another plodex that the Master had obtained?
    As for Marrina's children, at least one of her children reproduced like mad in a SubMariner Annual and it and its progeny were killed by the end of the issue.
    I hope that Marrina shows up in this first arc...AND survives. She's always been my favorite Alphan.

In the Kang War, it is established that Marinna was in the Master's clutches. He could be harvesting her eggs or (the dirtiest word in the Marvel U) cloning