Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's Who In The MU

Default Who's Who In The MU

I just know that someone is gonna tell me we've been through this, because it is so obvious that someone had to have spotted it before, John Byrne is Gary Cody

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Where did yoou get the scan of Cody?
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

That would be from my Gary Cody bio

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    That would be from my Gary Cody bio
    Yup, it fell of the back of a Ben
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

oookay, lemme rephrase that then...

BEN, where did you get the image of Cody? it appears to be a recently-drawn sketch (within the last 5 - 6 years)

Alpha Flight #51, the first Jim Lee issue

hm! I stand corrected on the recency. Tho, shoulda known it was Lee's work, always been my favourite...

No 51 goes for nine pounds fifty at my store, just cos it's Lee's first Marvel work. Go figure, Calimee's first marvel work is now being recycled into toilet paper, which IMO has to be an improvement.
    Del

I'm curious if Calimee ever did get any better....I'm gonna do some hunting...

Oh, and Del...who is it that has the #51 signed?...oh yah, it's YOU!

*Ben stalks off jealously*

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I'm curious if Calimee ever did get any better....I'm gonna do some hunting...

Oh, and Del...who is it that has the #51 signed?...oh yah, it's YOU!

*Ben stalks off jealously*
    Personally, I never heard of Calimee after his stint on AF, if anyone had any sense, they packed him off to school to teach other artists how not to present a scripted page.

Yea, I may have it signed, but it wasn't easy getting it done, two sodding days I think it took (Phil ?)

Ben, Ben!! come back and look at my Northstar sketch by Sean Phillips
    Del

Sean Phillips as in, Hellblazer Sean Phillips?! I think I"m gonna cry now. I love where I live, but there are not good chances for stuff like that out here!

Yup, Hellblazer Phillips. Tel ya what either Phil or I will do, if SP is at Bristol this year, we'll ask him to do a NS just for you and then we'll post it your way.
    Del

I believe that Bryne rather sees (or has perhaps modelled himself!) on The Chief from Doom Patrol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I believe that Bryne rather sees (or has perhaps modelled himself!) on The Chief from Doom Patrol!!!
    I think you will find that God modelled himself on Byrne, as in "Toronto, we have a problem. The Ego has landed"
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by beetleblack
    I think you will find that God modelled himself on Byrne, as in "Toronto, we have a problem. The Ego has landed"

Del, YOU are our (comic) God!