Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snowbird's Resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    Oh, and a question... why would Narya move to take over a clone body? What purpose would that serve? [/color]
    The idea was that the Northern Gods orchestrated the cloning, so as to create a body capable of housing their figurehead to Earth, to help defend Canada from mythical beings.

If Narya is part goddess why didn't she just create or have created another body for herself? Or did she is that why that clone was made maybe she or other gods she knew had something to do with it?
    Richard Vasseur

I wondered the exact same thing... if she could take a clone body over, and if she's a goddess and working in conjunction with other gods and goddesses, why not just make a body from scratch?

Well, the gods couldn't do this in the first place, partially I would say because the need to have a mortal aspect in thier avatar on earth, and partly because she had to be bound to the earth, to be able to properly defend it against the beasts. Her being "reborn" I suppose would make for a good chance to use the Great Beasts again.

Ben

Yeah, Snowbird's return just wasn't well planned. That's the problem when the story is in the hands of the writer of another book. If they really wanted to bring back Snowbird, I always thought turning Walt back into a woman and having him/her giving birth to Narya's next incarnation would have been the sensible (if very freaky) way to go about it.

The new personality I saw was this younger, hipper girl. The "oh God" line was one of the things that was not Snowbird. I'm lukewarm on both Larson (an ultimate fanboy who made it) and Austen, some of whose work I really enjoyed, some I have hated and most have been "whay or why?"
    Narya was solidly dead, thank you Mr. Mantlo.
    She should have stayed dead. Jay042 is absolutely right, that stories done through other books seldom work. Nayra's resurrection didn't work, and it's beyond comprehension that Walter would have run the tests to determine that the victim rescued from AIM was Snowbird without questioning, at least to himself, where his body came from. Except for the lack of a name, Heather's baby came out all right, spread across Black Panther and the X-books.
    But instead of blaming crappy writers, we have to deal with what we have and give them the shadow of the doubt that they knew what they were doing, that mistakes are really hints.
    Here's the obvious solution.

SCOTT LOBDELL: I WANT CO-PLOTTER CREDITS FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!

The personality of this Snowbird is younger and hipper to make the character more appealing to new readers, who could relate to a young and hip gal in cloak and boots better than to the old Snowbird.
    Marvel would not have intentionally plotted a clone story, so that can be ruled out.
    Walter's body, though transformed, is Snowbird's body. There's no way around that. Even when ripping out his heart, Nayra lamented that Walter was one of her closest friends. Not surprising, seeing she didn't have any outside the Flight. Walter's original body crumbled to dust, and if Snowbird could have restored it, she would have done so then. The new Snowbird is not the same body as the one Walter now inhabits, and Snowbird's fix of it is not too much of a stretch as Walter's powers and those of Snowbird were both metamorphic.
    Yet this body tested, to an UNSPECIFIED degree, positive for Nayra's DNA.
    The idea was that the Northern Gods orchestrated >>>the cloning,<<< so as to create a body capable of housing their figurehead to Earth, to help defend Canada from mythical beings.
    Frank Tieri (did I spell that right?) established that the Northern Gods, Nayra's family, orchestrated Snowbird's return.
    Motivation for Nayra to take over a clone body and return to earth is nonexistent. She fought way too hard to have her peace with Doug Thompson to give it up.
    Snowbird aged to adulthood in about 5 years.
    Accelerated healing brought life back to the corpse.

The solution is simple.
    This Snowbird is not Nayra, and not a clone.
    When Walter ever gets around to running more DNA tests, or when the two remaining graves outside the old HQ are exhumed, it will be clear that the Snowbird we now have is not Nayra, but is the baby of Nayra and Doug, grown to near adulthood in an elapsed four years.
    The gender can be explained in one of two ways.
    The bovious is that the child was born female, but the immediate takeover by Pestilence either forced the assumption that the child was male (and in the battle that started immediately after the birth and picking up the body immediately after his death, no one really checked. The second, more fitting the tone of volume 3, is that in order to restore Walter from Wanda, Snowbird had to get the parts from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Mapleleaf Jr
    I wondered the exact same thing... if she could take a clone body over, and if she's a goddess and working in conjunction with other gods and goddesses, why not just make a body from scratch?
    The Northern Gods were sealed from the Earthly plane by the Great Beasts. Now, the only way they can manifest their powers on Earth is by influencing Human beings or through their avatar (Snowbird).

I guess now that Snowbird, Doug and their son are "with the Gods" then they are sealed off from the earth too...

But since this is comics were talking about anything can and does happen. Wolverine might even come back and lead Aphla Flight, NOT.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    But since this is comics were talking about anything can and does happen. Wolverine might even come back and lead Aphla Flight, NOT.
    Didn't Byrne at one time state plans (or at least a desire) to hook up Wolverine and Snowbird romantically?

Well it looks like Wolverine and the Native might hook up romanticly or at least sexually. Snowbird I liked with her mountie friend. The new version I doubt will hook up with Wolverine but maybe she'll find love with one of the new team members. Who should she get together with?
    Richard Vasseur

If Snowbird gets with anyone it really should be MMjr, they have that R.C.M.P connection. Although I think she's way too much woman for him, with his niavety.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

A Goddess and a straight laced guy. Maybe she could loosen him up. I bet she can be quite hot blooded when it comes to playing.
    Richard Vasseur

Default "Grrr!!, Your An Animal, Narya"

I'm having images of Snowbird, in the throes of passion going through her complete range of animals and Doug being charged with beastiality
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Now that I do not want to see graphically shown in a comic book.
    Having an owl, bear or a great beast in bed no thanks. But Snowbird well thats different.
    Richard Vasseur

What if she turned into a swarm of mosquitos during the act?