Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Snowbird's Resurrection

I think the Snowbird explanation can avoid cloning simply because she was a goddess. It's far easier to swallow something totally fantasy based like "The Great Beasts are returning to the gods orchestrated her return" than it is some convoluted cloning storyline that messes up continuity (and will then need to be fixed later down the road, making it even more confusing).

All good fantasy needs internal consistency. Snowbird was not simply a full goddess that had taken over a human body, she was born to parents, one human, one a goddess from her pantheon.
    Unfortunately, the continuity was messed up with Snowbird's return, so the fix has already become necessary.
    Historically Marvel has always made the explanations, from the days when Stan Lee wrote everything, as evidenced in the letter columns in the old books. Unfortunately, that has degenerated into TRUE nitpickings like ripped costumes being fixes between issues without explanation (like in the last issue of Weapon X's letter column, or, more familiarly to the forum, calling a fisherman an ice fisherman. Matters of true continuity that are potentially damaging to a character are the important ones. I find Snowbird's resurrection to be doubly important because it messes up both Snowbird and Sasquatch. I stick by my daughter-of-Narya in part because the explanation can be made to jive with the history of the character and can be dealt with in one issue, clean and complete in answerting the questions, fixing the mistake, then moving on.

But wouldn't it be cool to know for sure. Maybe Lobdell will actually explain it sometime in the comic. To many times things are just thrown in without explaination. It doesn't need a big explaination.
    Richard Vasseur

Hello Old Thread, how ya doing.

Bought this over from the Fir Phaser's... thread

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24
    "No, I cannot bleed!"
    This was never followed up on, was it?
    It would seem that there are a lot of questions that need to be answered about Snowbird. In regards to whether the Snowbird not being allowed to bleed, I don't think it was followed up on. However, given that this is a new body etc, the following questions are raised
    1. Is she now allowed to bleed, or does her body still have the same properties as her original Human/Goddess hybrid one?
    2. Obviously she can now leave the confines of Canada, is this down to her new body, or did Shaman do some hocus pocus? (I know she could before, but this is reference to her new body)
    3. How did she retain memories from her life before, Jocasta and Vision have both had brain patterns downloaded, did A.I.M do the same or as a clone does she have retained memories. Other clones haven't, but they have been human, not hybrid?
    4. Why haven't the Northern Gods been in touch?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    2. Obviously she can now leave the confines of Canada, is this down to her new body, or did Shaman do some hocus pocus? (I know she could before, but this is reference to her new body)
    This one is easy enough to tackle. When Shaman delivered Snowbird, he bound her to earth to give her a connection to it, and strength in battling the great bests. It was the binding that kept her from leaving Canadian soil. When Aim maid her new body, no such binding process was done. However to me this would have some effect on her powers, as I assumed her ability to take the form of native animals was part of the binding process.

3. How did she retain memories from her life before, Jocasta and Vision have both had brain patterns downloaded, did A.I.M do the same or as a clone does she have retained memories. Other clones haven't, but they have been human, not hybrid?
    Didn't the Norther Gods in a guest appearence state that they were responsible for Narya's resurrection? I would assume Aim made the body, and the gods let her spirit enter it.

Ben

4. Why haven't the Northern Gods been in touch?
    They have been, in Wolverine #172

#172, I have that too. Oh well, off to the c*p*o*r*d.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well it looks like any unanswered questions about Snowbird or the other Alpha team will be left unanswered for now. They are off on there trip to take the baby Plodex home.
    The story of their trip could make a nice limited series sometime.
    I guess Snowbird's new body isn't bound to Canada like her original one was. If it was she'd die leaving Earth for such a trip.
    Richard Vasseur

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    The story of their trip could make a nice limited series sometime.
    Write to Marvel and say you want your Uncanny Alpha Flight!

Do you think they would listen. Will you write in to?
    If Alpha Flight itself does get cancelled again I hope the characters will at least keep showing up now and than. But other than Sasquatch maybe I doubt they will, the characters from the new team.
    Northstar, Aurora, Talisman, Sasquatch, Madison and Diamond Lil these are the best of Alpha Flight left here on Earth. They should get together and form a team.
    Richard Vasseur

I wrote in as soon as Scott mentioned the concept in his original interviews :P

You wrote in asking for a limited series about there travel through space? Or for another regular title called Uncanny X-Men.
    I wrote in a few times about the first and second series but it didn't seem to help. But I might try again.
    Richard Vasseur