Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild Child with Weapon X

Quote Originally Posted by Richv1
    Yes Wild Child needs to get out from under Sabretooth's shadow. Wolverine and Sabretooth are similar but each is his own person. Wild Child needs the same thing. I would love to see him in the pages of Alpha Flight and out of that Weapon X group. Him and Aurora should both leave and be put back to there former glory.
    Does Alpha know what's goin' on with Aurora and Wild Child right now? I'd love to see them flip out and get in a big fisticuffs with the Weapon X peeps. But only if the term fisticuffs in involved.

In regards to the current use of Aurora, Wild Child, Northstar and Madison Jeffries, they are all claimed by other writers, however they are parts of books are about to be totally revamped. I won't be supprised to see them come available to Lobell to lay claim on them.

I'd like to see Alpha Flight go back and reclaim its own from Weapon X. Walter could change back Aurora maybe even help Wild Child.
    Richard Vasseur

While it's quite feasable for Aurora and Maddy to make their way to AF, I get the impression that Wildchild is pretty much an integral member of Weapon X and will be there for a while. As re Nortstar, I can't see what purpose he serves in the X Teams, Austen seems to have gotten bored with him already.

Waiting to se what Reload brings.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yah, I think a lot will hinge on the reload. Northstar returning to AF could be areally good thing, in that X-Fans that liked him in the book (and I know there are lots of them), who may have never been into AF before, could well be drawn to Alpha Flight to get thier Northstar fix. He certainly does seem to have a loyal following

For a fictional character, he's pretty hot. He'll bring in the "hag" audience that Alpha so sorely needs into comic book stores.

Does Northtar's popularity have anything to do with his sexuality? Not that theres anything wrong with that.
    Richard Vasseur

Yes, no, maybe so. I like JP because he's gay. As a hag, it's on the top of my list of criteria when I determine what I think is cool, though it isn't necessary

Was he a popular character before he came out? I wasn't reading yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gorejeja
    Yes, no, maybe so. I like JP because he's gay. As a hag, it's on the top of my list of criteria when I determine what I think is cool, though it isn't necessary

Was he a popular character before he came out? I wasn't reading yet.
    Dunno, but I liked him.

Sadly, the rumor is that Northstar is going to be going back into Limbo, as homosexual men aren't family friendly enough for Marvel's all-age books. I'm hoping this is a pile of steaming something or other, but I don't know.

Suzene

I'm pretty sure that if Northstar was put into Limbo, Scott would be quick to take him back to Alpha. Scott was the one who wrote issue 106 (the coming out issue), so he's obviously got no fear of writing a gay character.

Ben

Northstar can NOT be allowed to go into comic limbo. If he does we have to start a campaign to get him reinstated to AF pronto!!!!

There is a rumour about the whole gay thing being the reason for ditching the character but there are other gay characters who are still in X-Titles. I think when they all disapear that's when we start to worry.

I'm sure in one of his interviews, Scott Lobdell said he has no plans for Northstar at present. Plus with talk of marvel trying to re-gather the younger audience having a homosexual character in such a high profile comic as the X-Men may not appeal to Marvel ed.

I've always been of the impresion that Northstar is an Alphan and will always remain so, his flirting with the X-Men was nice, but he is Alphan.

As for Wildchild, unfortunately a lot of damage to the character has been done and a lots will probably have to be undone to see him as an Alphan again.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I agree with DelBubs. I think Wild Child is in Weapon X to stay, unfortunately for us. I hope Northstar either comes "over" to Alpha or gets more time in the X-Books. Northstar's appearance is the reason I got back into Uncanny in the first place.

I definitely want Northstar back in Alpha. I saw him as an X-Men and its not where he belongs. If he is not being used there put him back in Alpha.
    I don't think his being gay should make any difference whether Marvel uses him or not. Its part of his character but so what.
    Richard Vasseur

From what I've read the writers were more than happy to use Northstar after the X Re-load but were told that they couldn't! This strikes me as rather odd.

At the end of the day Northstar belongs in Alpha Flight and that's where I'd ultimately like to see him go. However it just wouldn't be the same having Northstar without Aurora so if he comes back then so should she!